I bid you all farewell...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the replys guys, Its not that the arguing bothers me as much as I take a step back and its not doing the site any good, who is it helping? and even knowing this I am too thick headed not to argue....
So its not like I take any negative exchanges with me after I shut the window, if someone doesn't like me how I am, I am fine with that, I can sleep better knowing that, than if I tried to change to make someone like me, as you know {I have said it before, and got a stern PM about saying it from a mod who will remain unnamed} if you dont like me, you can GFYS with a sharp rock... I could care less, the problem is the arguments dont help anyone, they don't prove anything, sure I know that 99% of the people that argue on here have never been in a "real" in person argument in their life {wives, kids, family, and friends don't count} and in person they wouldn't have the heart to look me in the eye...

I like this forum and spend more time here than any other forum, maybe that is the issue, maybe I should limit my visits to once a week or month....

Again, thanks guys, I appreciate the posts, and PM's, and 2 phone calls, lol...

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
One last post, well maybe not, at any rate, when I was younger (like just after dirt formed) I used to argue alot. In fact one of the last and biggest one, I had was with a co-worker. We argued for about a half hour until the boss broke it up. He said to me, you know that a half hour ago when the argument started, you were on the other side, now a hundred and eighty degrees opposite, you are now arguing the same point that Mickey was on. When he said that, I stopped and looked at Mickey and she just nodded, we both had a good laugh over that. I miss those times!! Stick around, what you offer us is far more than what you may take away. Life is all give and take, and you seem more inclined to give. When I asked you about the whiskey, some where else I may have just got an answer of, just try this brand. It is better than the stuff you mentioned. Not only did you not take that tone, we had never had a dialogue before, but you took the time to give me an honest and personal opinion, complete with pictures (you must have known I was older than dirt) so as not to mistake the bottles. Being older than dirt I copied the whole reply, and now I can look back and find the info ( providing I can remember what I named it). I find that people's reaction to strangers is a very good indication of the type of person that they are, they have nothing to lose or gain by being friendly and helpful. I must say you have made a very good impression on me. ( care to adopt me, the wife is willing to let me go cheap!).

defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic
Always late to the party...

I understand your dilemma, Imcloud. Personalities of all kinds are magnified over the Internet. Intangibles like mood, intent, posture, etc., can be difficult to discern and difficult to respond to. Plus some people are just asses. I've been there, both intentionally and unintentionally. Time and practice have made me a better person, though, so I try to be a little more careful with my interactions. Others have no use for this, of course. It's just the way of the world. I can't control that so I say no big whup.

Whatever you decide to do, know that you're okay. I don't read everything you write, but you seem genuine to me, which is increasingly rare these days. And remember, no one is forced to read your posts.

Now, hang with me here a second if you wouldn't mind.

Like you, I have a great wife. One of the wonderful things about her is the way she sometimes finishes my thoughts for me when I'm thinking out loud. I'll get about half way through a declarative statement of one sort or another then pause as I search for what it is I'm really trying to say. This is where my baby steps in and delivers the punch line for what turns out to be sardonic and low-key perfectly formed and perfectly timed social/personal commentary. I think she's hysterical.

So, to honor her brilliance :D a few years ago I created a little something you might find helpful—or not. Here's one from the series. 'Hope this translates (crosses fingers).

You said you were a firearms enthusiast, right? Well, my wife's a shootist, too:

love_gun_4_small.jpg

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I understand your dilemma, Imcloud. Personalities of all kinds are magnified over the Internet. Intangibles like mood, intent, posture, etc., can be difficult to discern and difficult to respond to. Plus some people are just asses. I've been there, both intentionally and unintentionally. Time and practice have made me a better person, though, so I try to be a little more careful with my interactions. Others have no use for this, of course. It's just the way of the world. I can't control that so I say no big whup.

Whatever you decide to do, know that you're okay. I don't read everything you write, but you seem genuine to me, which is increasingly rare these days. And remember, no one is forced to read your posts.

Now, hang with me here a second if you wouldn't mind.

Like you, I have a great wife. One of the wonderful things about her is the way she sometimes finishes my thoughts for me when I'm thinking out loud. I'll get about half way through a declarative statement of one sort or another then pause as I search for what it is I'm really trying to say. This is where my baby steps in and delivers the punch line for what turns out to be sardonic and low-key perfectly formed and perfectly timed social/personal commentary. I think she's hysterical.

So, to honor her brilliance :D a few years ago I created a little something you might find helpful—or not. Here's one from the series. 'Hope this translates (crosses fingers).

You said you were a firearms enthusiast, right? Well, my wife's a shootist, too:

View attachment 13190

Peace.

Priceless, thank you...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
One last post, well maybe not, at any rate, when I was younger (like just after dirt formed) I used to argue alot. In fact one of the last and biggest one, I had was with a co-worker. We argued for about a half hour until the boss broke it up. He said to me, you know that a half hour ago when the argument started, you were on the other side, now a hundred and eighty degrees opposite, you are now arguing the same point that Mickey was on. When he said that, I stopped and looked at Mickey and she just nodded, we both had a good laugh over that. I miss those times!! Stick around, what you offer us is far more than what you may take away. Life is all give and take, and you seem more inclined to give. When I asked you about the whiskey, some where else I may have just got an answer of, just try this brand. It is better than the stuff you mentioned. Not only did you not take that tone, we had never had a dialogue before, but you took the time to give me an honest and personal opinion, complete with pictures (you must have known I was older than dirt) so as not to mistake the bottles. Being older than dirt I copied the whole reply, and now I can look back and find the info ( providing I can remember what I named it). I find that people's reaction to strangers is a very good indication of the type of person that they are, they have nothing to lose or gain by being friendly and helpful. I must say you have made a very good impression on me. ( care to adopt me, the wife is willing to let me go cheap!).
I appreciate that, and my original intentions when joining this forum were to get information, then after bouncing around and trying all kinds of equipment I became familiar with a lot of it, so when people asked questions, I could answer with my opinion, and me being cheaper than a 1 armed hooker in mexico I found when someone asked what to buy I easily knew where decent gear at decent prices were... It seemed like I got sucked in and mostly interacted with the new guys that I was answering posts from, then I got sucked in further and made some friends and not friends {I wont call them enemies because its no one I would take serious enough to really take serious}...

But anyway, thanks for the reply, and I will pm you my email, I am anxious to see how you like the whiskey...

Matt34

Matt34

I have to live vicariously through someone's weekly audio purchases here since Paradigmdawg only buys bicycles now.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
You'll be missed. How else am I to know how to keep up with the Joneses? :D

I avoid or try to avoid certain threads for fear my big mouth will get me worked up over something that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Works for me. Try it, who knows maybe it'll work for you. ;)

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm with everyone else. I don't want you to go based off the fact that certain people have a stick up their (insert word for butt here) about everything you say. I for one stopped caring about what people had to say a very long time ago. It's liberating. I don't let myself be dumbed down to their level.

A few things you may enjoy.

George Carlin — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Plus, who am I going to ask about buying rent houses?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I'm with everyone else. I don't want you to go based off the fact that certain people have a stick up their (insert word for butt here) about everything you say. I for one stopped caring about what people had to say a very long time ago. It's liberating. I don't let myself be dumbed down to their level.

A few things you may enjoy.

George Carlin — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Also,

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.es/1/19/Arguing-on-the-internet.jpg
That image is a very disturbing jab at handicapped and mentally challenged individuals and I feel it is in bad taste.
I work with handicapped kids from time to time and feel they should not be the butt of so many jokes.

Just to clarify this some , we call these wonderful kids special as they surely are, but to make a joke about retardation is just wrong.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That image is a very disturbing jab at handicapped and mentally challenged individuals and I feel it is in bad taste.
I work with handicapped kids from time to time and you are obviously a very narrow minded individual.

Just to clarify this some , we call these wonderful kids special as they surely are, but to make a joke about retardation is just wrong.
I'll likely spend some quality time in hell for a few (maybe more than a few) of the jokes I've told. Jokes are ... jokes. Maybe it is wrong but then we would have to stop telling gay jokes too. Never mind racial jokes and the ever popular 'what's the first thing a woman does when she gets home from a battered women's shelter?' ... 'the dishes if she knows what's good for her.'

We all have varying sensitivities to different situations. The guy was just trying to ease our pain for losing Irv so suddenly. What are we going to do now when we need smoke detectors and toilets? For a while I thought Greg was gonna have to pay full retail for something.

I bookmarked that toilet. I installed that smoke.

My a/c needs work too. I suppose I could get his number and sh!t but then I'd have to like talk to him. :rolleyes:

:p:p:p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I work with handicapped kids from time to time and you are obviously a very narrow minded individual.

It wasn't meant that way I assure you. I don't want to offend anyone. Link removed.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja

My wifes cousins daughter was born with downs syndrome and my aunt and uncle adopted my cousin who is also down... So I can tell you first hand in my experiences, for the most part the people who get offended are the PC police, which in my opinion there are too many of now a days... There used to be a difference between something said in a harmless joking manor and something malicious, said to cause hurt. This is obviously not the case here, seeing the material and knowing the source, I can say its not meant to harm anyone... Being to sensitive to stuff like this shows something also...

As far as bad taste, well we are all guilty of that at some point...

Sawz, sorry you were offended by that, but I know he didn't post that with bad intentions...

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
There used to be a difference between something said in a harmless joking manor and something malicious, said to cause hurt. This is obviously not the case here, seeing the material and knowing the source, I can say its not meant to harm anyone... Being to sensitive to stuff like this shows something also...

As far as bad taste, well we are all guilty of that at some point...

Sawz, sorry you were offended by that, but I know he didn't post that with bad intentions...
Well this needs to be asked by me - from your post - "Being too sensitive to stuff like this shows something also"...
My question is "What something does this show"?

I know Panter did not mean to offend and or post with bad intentions, I thanked him for that, also I never really believed he was being even remotely malicious and I also edited my post removing the narrow minded remark as I don't think he is at all, I was just a bit irritated by the link, I guess I truly did not see any humor in it. I just thought it was in somewhat bad taste.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
It shows that the person has strong feeling about the topic, and it may hit close to home, which it obviously did, I meant no offence to you...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It just goes to show that no matter the intent of a post or topic someone can always find something offensive. I've got really thick skin so offending me is near impossible. However, I am understanding that some things are off limits to some people. I respect that without a second thought. What I posted offended, not on purpose, it was removed. Nothing else to say. I was wrong and will always be willing to admit that.

It really is difficult when we are all speaking in text to get a point across, or hear the tone of voice or the fact that something said was meant a different way. I think that's how a lot of these things start. Someone takes something the wrong way (bragging) when someone is simply telling us a story about something and chooses to include specific details.

Fact is, you just never know how people will take things.

And Alex, I've got a kenwood 5.1 receiver with a blown center with your name on it...if only I could find an African swallow to carry it to you :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You'll be back. As a dog returns to it's vomit so a fool returns to his folly.

Seriously you are definitely a sensitive guy. Why not stick to the boring thread only? That's always funny IMO.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
EVERYTHING can be taken in the wrong way, wrong context, blown out of proportion into something that has nothing to do with what was said...just look at the RBSO thread :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
EVERYTHING can be taken in the wrong way, wrong context, blown out of proportion into something that has nothing to do with what was said...just look at the RBSO thread :D
Just like when somebody says hey f@#$ all you guys. Some guys take offense, others see it as an invitation.
:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis