Huawei Case Resolved!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We can now put my previous intemperately named thread to bed. Meng Wanzhou has reached a deal with the US government and Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig are on their way home! This is better than anyone could have predicted. One would have thought that China would keep them both in prison a while longer in order to give a veneer of legitimacy to their claim that the men were arrested for spying.

Releasing them both immediately after Meng went free is tantamount to admitting the truth - they were hostages taken in retaliation for Meng's arrest. Who knows? Perhaps the Chinese government wants to pass the message that if you mess with anyone with close ties to the regime, this is what will happen.

Regardless, I'm glad that the men will shortly be home with there families.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
We can now put my previous intemperately named thread to bed. Meng Wanzhou has reached a deal with the US government and Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig are on their way home! This is better than anyone could have predicted. One would have thought that China would keep them both in prison a while longer in order to give a veneer of legitimacy to their claim that the men were arrested for spying.

Releasing them both immediately after Meng went free is tantamount to admitting the truth - they were hostages taken in retaliation for Meng's arrest. Who knows? Perhaps the Chinese government wants to pass the message that if you mess with anyone with close ties to the regime, this is what will happen.

Regardless, I'm glad that the men will shortly be home with there families.
Their taking hostages struck me as if they were kids and the accusations became "She's a spy", followed by "Well,. THEY'RE spies, too!"

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah but did Meng and the others DO it? Just curious.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, she entered into a deferred prosecution deal with the US government, which would normally entail some admission of guilt on her part.
Or, she could have answered "Did you do it?" with "Maaaaaybe", like a little kid. That's sure to get her out of trouble.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis