I'm so angry with the U.S. and Chinese governments right now!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Ninja
Ratings
2,450 12
A funny as well as an informative opinion piece!

No doubt there have been previous presidents and high ranking politicians (of both parties) that where racist, but as you wrote they where not as open and blatant about it as Trump, while they cynically played the race card.

In my opinion, Trump goes far further with his open racism as well as inciting his own base with it where they now are chanting "Send her back" with his approval, and words have consequences. I wonder when a Trump supporter tries to murder one of the four female coloured members of the House that Trump has attacked with his racist tweets.
It's hard to be shocked by much anymore, but hearing thousands of people yell "Send her back!" in unison made my jaw drop.

highfigh

highfigh

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
3,386 12 15
I'm onboard with simplifying tax laws. Even for individual taxpayers, the difference between when I started working and now, is dramatic. It used to be pretty straightforward - not anymore. If I needed to call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) multiple times with the same question, I could get a different answer each time, depending on who you speak with.

And, the more complicated tax laws are for corporations, the more opportunities there are to game them.
That's "the cap", referring to the cap on income subject to FICA tax. For 2019 it's $132,900. I'm not convinced that raising the cap would help the program, because benefits would go up too for higher income people. I just haven't seen the math; maybe raising the cap would benefit the program.
While it would be unfair to those who pay more, using a different scale for their max payout would help. As it is, there's no guarantee that the person will live long enough to receive whet they paid in and assuming similar life expectancy (for the sake of discussion),the program will retain more than it could have before- some do, some don't. This is based on Congress leaving the trust alone and not looking at it as an entitlement, of course.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Ninja
Ratings
1,570 7 1
It's hard to be shocked by much anymore, but hearing thousands of people yell "Send her back!" in unison made my jaw drop.

Group mentality is very much a thing. I'm willing to bet those people individually think differently than when they're in a rally type situation. It's easy to get sucked into that sort of thing and come out thinking "wait a minute".

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis