T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ok, so no LEGOS today… lol

About to pull the trigger on a pair of these to replace my SVS SB3000’s. Approximately 4800 ft.³ room and the SVS just don’t energize the room like I’d like. I really want SIGNIFICANT infrasonic bass output but due to neighbors house very close to mine I don’t expect to listen extremely loud, maybe 80db but I want movie explosions to peak as close to single digit HZ at around 100db. I know without spending significantly more I won’t actually achieve this but how close will dual HSU’s bring me?

T

TankTop5

You guys were too slow so I ordered a pair. If I’m not happy you all are to blame. Maybe I will order a second pair out of my frustration with this group

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The TN1s will produce a lot more deep bass than SB3000s, and a bit more mid-bass as well. They are a lot larger though.

T

TankTop5

The TN1s will produce a lot more deep bass than SB3000s, and a bit more mid-bass as well. They are a lot larger though.
They are going to go against the front wall behind my main speakers. I just got a Denon 3800 so I may put the SVS SB 3000’s behind the couch. Or I may sell them with the Marantz 5014 and Focal bookshelf speakers and get a second pair of Subs… we’ll see. Probably need some side surrounds too though.

Always focused on a great stereo pair and now I can expand a little. Have perfect front 3. Maybe 5.4.2 but need to figure out how to do height

K

kini

Full Audioholic
Ok, so no LEGOS today… lol

About to pull the trigger on a pair of these to replace my SVS SB3000’s. Approximately 4800 ft.³ room and the SVS just don’t energize the room like I’d like. I really want SIGNIFICANT infrasonic bass output but due to neighbors house very close to mine I don’t expect to listen extremely loud, maybe 80db but I want movie explosions to peak as close to single digit HZ at around 100db. I know without spending significantly more I won’t actually achieve this but how close will dual HSU’s bring me?
Well, they'll be a big improvement down low, but you will not be getting SIGNIFICANT infrasonic bass in that size room from a pair of those subs. Even more so at the volumes you listen at. I doubt you could detect 15hz a 100db at the listening position, which you'll not get anyway.

T

TankTop5

Well, they'll be a big improvement down low, but you will not be getting SIGNIFICANT infrasonic bass in that size room from a pair of those subs. Even more so at the volumes you listen at. I doubt you could detect 15hz a 100db at the listening position, which you'll not get anyway.
Booooooo……. I watched HSU’s video on them and they said they are specifically designed to be used as speaker stands for bookshelf speakers. Maybe in the future I’ll get a pair to flank the couch and perch my side surrounds on. Perhaps that would get me closer to my goal.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Booooooo……. I watched HSU’s video on them and they said they are specifically designed to be used as speaker stands for bookshelf speakers. Maybe in the future I’ll get a pair to flank the couch and perch my side surrounds on. Perhaps that would get me closer to my goal.
Interesting. I’ve always felt and others too, that far too often the best place for subs is not the best place for speakers.
I think you’re gonna be pretty freakin happy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis