Home Theater Sound System $3200

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you end up going Klipsch, check Corey at Paducah Home Theater for pricing @ 270-556-8427!
Klipsch will not allow a seller to publish pricing, but he consistently gives a sweet deal!

Very important - if you want to get Klipsch subwoofers, they do have a series that is pretty decent. It used to be designated with a model number like R-112SW or R-115SW (the R-12SW or R-15SW was a crappy sub). Here is a review of the R-115SW:
The measurement chart appears to be corrupt (right now), but you can pull the CEA2010 data from here:

The older R-115SW has been replaced with the newer Klipsch SPL-150 subwoofer.

L

Langalore

Enthusiast
I just joined the forum to ask about upgrading my system. I already had an AVR that was enough for me (Yamaha AX880) and some surrounds but I wasn't happy with my system. We use it for home theater 80 to 90% of the time. I was originally looking at some floorstanding Klipsch but the recommendation here was a new sub (or 2) and then someone suggested HSU CCB-8s for the LCR. I did not go with a second sub as was recommended, mostly because of money and talking to the fine folks at HSU.
I got them last Friday and have been having an amazing time watching movies on my plex and blu-ray. My wife and I have also started listening to music more on through spotify, too.
I am SO happy with my system and the upgrade cost me about 2.2k. I still would like a second sub but I don't think my wife would let me. I was not prepared for how big the HSU VTF-3 was. I have yet to try some of the different sounds by plugging the ports but I'll get around to testing it out next weekend.

J

jcc

Audiophyte
If you end up going Klipsch, check Corey at Paducah Home Theater for pricing @ 270-556-8427!
Klipsch will not allow a seller to publish pricing, but he consistently gives a sweet deal!

Very important - if you want to get Klipsch subwoofers, they do have a series that is pretty decent. It used to be designated with a model number like R-112SW or R-115SW (the R-12SW or R-15SW was a crappy sub). Here is a review of the R-115SW:
The measurement chart appears to be corrupt (right now), but you can pull the CEA2010 data from here:

The older R-115SW has been replaced with the newer Klipsch SPL-150 subwoofer.

Just a warning, from what I heard and from personal experience this is just another hot head with an attitude working out of their garage/home.
So if you're buying serious HT equipment, speakers, etc., do your research and find an honest reputable company like Crutchfield, Magnolia, World Wide Stereo, Adorama. Where you have professional reps to address issues or price match. He is the ONLY company if you mention anything he doesn't like on Facebook will block you “and” from the group. NO legit bossiness would ever do that or even care enough to be that sensitive and childish, which should tell you a lot about this home business.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Just a warning, from what I heard and from personal experience this is just another hot head with an attitude working out of their garage/home.
So if you're buying serious HT equipment, speakers, etc., do your research and find an honest reputable company like Crutchfield, Magnolia, World Wide Stereo, Adorama. Where you have professional reps to address issues or price match. He is the ONLY company if you mention anything he doesn't like on Facebook will block you “and” from the group. NO legit bossiness would ever do that or even care enough to be that sensitive and childish, which should tell you a lot about this home business.
He might be a bot too spamming ads .
Magnolia is so far away:.. hour or so
I wonder how long Klipsch speakers last before x overs and stuff start going bad ? I just don’t see a reason to upgrade even if I find a job. Except avr .

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I just don’t see a reason to upgrade even if I find a job.
Damn right you don't need to upgrade....even after that imaginary job comes that you have been doing your best to not get for years and years. You have years of restitution to settle first.

Your parents (cash reserve) are going to be long gone by the time you ever step up to anything.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis