A

alm958

Audiophyte
Hello I am new to higher end audio. I need to find the right cables to use in my new system. Musical Fidelity MX-HPA fully balanced headphone amp with left and right channel 3-pin XLR. HIFIman Arya Stealth Magnet with 3.5mm jacks on each side, Any recommendations and how much I should expect to pay for quality cables is appreciated. Thx

A

alm958

Audiophyte
well I found what I needed already I think. A bit steep...
Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 10.22.29 PM.png

amzconsultant

amzconsultant

Audiophyte
Hello I am new to higher end audio. I need to find the right cables to use in my new system. Musical Fidelity MX-HPA fully balanced headphone amp with left and right channel 3-pin XLR. HIFIman Arya Stealth Magnet with 3.5mm jacks on each side, Any recommendations and how much I should expect to pay for quality cables is appreciated. Thx

Hello! When selecting cables for your audio setup, it's essential to consider the connectors on your devices and the overall quality of the cables. Here are some recommendations for your specific setup:

1. Headphone Cable:
    • Since your HIFIman Arya Stealth has 3.5mm jacks on each side, you'll need a headphone cable with a 3.5mm termination on one end and the appropriate connectors for your Musical Fidelity MX-HPA on the other end.
    • Consider high-quality cables with robust construction and shielding to minimize interference.
  2. Interconnect Cable:
    • For the connection between your Musical Fidelity MX-HPA and the source (assuming you have a source component), you may need an interconnect cable.
    • Since your MX-HPA uses 3-pin XLR connections, you'll need an interconnect with 3-pin XLR on one end and the appropriate termination for your source on the other end.
  3. Pricing:
    • Cable prices can vary widely based on factors like length, materials, and brand. Entry-level cables may start around $20-$50, while high-end cables can go into the hundreds or more.
    • It's important to find a balance between your budget and the level of performance you're seeking. Keep in mind that the impact of cables on sound quality can be subjective.
  4. Brands to Consider:
    • Some reputable cable brands include AudioQuest, Nordost, Mogami, and Canare. However, there are many boutique cable manufacturers that offer quality products as well.
  5. Length:
    • Choose cable lengths that suit your setup. Longer cables may introduce more signal degradation, so keep the lengths reasonable for your specific needs.
  6. Try Before You Buy:
    • If possible, try different cables in your setup to determine if you can discern any noticeable differences in sound quality. Some audiophiles have strong preferences, while others may not perceive significant changes.
Remember that opinions on cables can vary, and some audiophiles prioritize certain characteristics over others. It's often recommended to listen and make decisions based on your personal preferences. Additionally, consider seeking advice from local audio retailers or audiophile communities for more tailored recommendations.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello! When selecting cables for your audio setup, it's essential to consider the connectors on your devices and the overall quality of the cables. Here are some recommendations for your specific setup:

1. Headphone Cable:
    • Since your HIFIman Arya Stealth has 3.5mm jacks on each side, you'll need a headphone cable with a 3.5mm termination on one end and the appropriate connectors for your Musical Fidelity MX-HPA on the other end.
    • Consider high-quality cables with robust construction and shielding to minimize interference.
  2. Interconnect Cable:
    • For the connection between your Musical Fidelity MX-HPA and the source (assuming you have a source component), you may need an interconnect cable.
    • Since your MX-HPA uses 3-pin XLR connections, you'll need an interconnect with 3-pin XLR on one end and the appropriate termination for your source on the other end.
  3. Pricing:
    • Cable prices can vary widely based on factors like length, materials, and brand. Entry-level cables may start around $20-$50, while high-end cables can go into the hundreds or more.
    • It's important to find a balance between your budget and the level of performance you're seeking. Keep in mind that the impact of cables on sound quality can be subjective.
  4. Brands to Consider:
    • Some reputable cable brands include AudioQuest, Nordost, Mogami, and Canare. However, there are many boutique cable manufacturers that offer quality products as well.
  5. Length:
    • Choose cable lengths that suit your setup. Longer cables may introduce more signal degradation, so keep the lengths reasonable for your specific needs.
  6. Try Before You Buy:
    • If possible, try different cables in your setup to determine if you can discern any noticeable differences in sound quality. Some audiophiles have strong preferences, while others may not perceive significant changes.
Remember that opinions on cables can vary, and some audiophiles prioritize certain characteristics over others. It's often recommended to listen and make decisions based on your personal preferences. Additionally, consider seeking advice from local audio retailers or audiophile communities for more tailored recommendations.
A nice list of brands to avoid.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

1. Headphone Cable:
  2. Interconnect Cable:
  3. Pricing:
  4. Brands to Consider:
  5. Length:
  6. Try Before You Buy:
Fraudioquest and Nordost are charlatans, no value there. Mogami, Belden and Canare would be better choices. No need to spend hundreds, tho. "Trying" cables is a silly exercise.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Forget all about expensive // costly // over priced cables, after all wire is wire. Twenty dollars should get you all you need, Try Amazon etc

These just listed on Audiogon, they come with a free ticket to the nut house

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The HiFiMan cables aren't good enough?

Search using 'Youkamoo 4 Pin XLR Balanced Male Compatible for Hifiman HE4XX, HE-400i Headphones 8 Core Braided Silver Plated Replacement Audio Upgrade Cable (2 x 3.5mm Version)'

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis