Help me choose earphones best suited for my need according to these criteria

K

Komle

Audiophyte
Hi,

I am an amateur in music field, however, very passionate and avid music lover. Meaning I listen to a lot of music on everyday music, but know very little about technical aspects of it.

I would like to purchase a set of earphones with the maximum budget of 200 dollars in order to enjoy my music, however, after investigating lots of them, I'm even more confused than before research.

Can you please help me buy something that I would enjoy, since 200 dollar budget is not a small amount for my standards of living.

My favourite genres are rock and music, although I listen to other genres of music. Either way, my greatest attraction in music are vocals, and I derive most of my hearing pleasure through them. I especially enjoy high pitched vocal moments in song and screaming parts like in Manowar's Black wind fire and steel song or Kalmah's Time takes us all - initial screaming part in that song always gives me the chills through my spine.

I also listen a lot to the bands with harsh, growling vocals, such as black metal ones and occassional death metal like Dark tranquility, but at the same time, I like melody in my metal and listen to many ballads, suchs as Nothing else matters or Axel Rudi Pell etc...

What kind of earphones would best suite my style?

My last requirement would be that earphones are made to last, not something I'd have to spend another 200 dollars in a year or two.

My main two considerations are Sennheiser momentum in ear and Campfire Audio Comet.

What is your opinion? Any other recommendations or have I nailed it with one of the two?

Thank you.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi,

I am an amateur in music field, however, very passionate and avid music lover. Meaning I listen to a lot of music on everyday music, but know very little about technical aspects of it.

I would like to purchase a set of earphones with the maximum budget of 200 dollars in order to enjoy my music, however, after investigating lots of them, I'm even more confused than before research.

Can you please help me buy something that I would enjoy, since 200 dollar budget is not a small amount for my standards of living.

My favourite genres are rock and music, although I listen to other genres of music. Either way, my greatest attraction in music are vocals, and I derive most of my hearing pleasure through them. I especially enjoy high pitched vocal moments in song and screaming parts like in Manowar's Black wind fire and steel song or Kalmah's Time takes us all - initial screaming part in that song always gives me the chills through my spine.

I also listen a lot to the bands with harsh, growling vocals, such as black metal ones and occassional death metal like Dark tranquility, but at the same time, I like melody in my metal and listen to many ballads, suchs as Nothing else matters or Axel Rudi Pell etc...

What kind of earphones would best suite my style?

My last requirement would be that earphones are made to last, not something I'd have to spend another 200 dollars in a year or two.

My main two considerations are Sennheiser momentum in ear and Campfire Audio Comet.

What is your opinion? Any other recommendations or have I nailed it with one of the two?

Thank you.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I believe the OP is looking at in-ear ('earphones") but I agree - sign up for Massdrop as they have a very nice selection at pretty good prices. The Massdrop x MEE audio Planamic In-Ear Monitors ($149) have piqued my interest. They have a new version of a planar magnetic driver, which should be very fast - something to look for if you like speed metal. Build quality should be fine - just don't abuse them (or any earphones) and they should last.

Aside from that, your initial Sennheiser and Campfire Audio picks are nice as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis