Harman Kardon Beats Denon

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
People are discussing refrigerators, let's say there are three people. One of the people mentions Kenmore and expresses their likeness for it because it keeps things the coolest (not fact, I don't know much about fridges;)). Another person (person 4) joins the conversation and says that Kenmore is only good for keeping things hot. The original three explain clearly why that is not the case, but person 4 continues to claim that Kenmore is only useful for keeping things hot with no grounds to support their conclusions.......WTF?

WHOA! :eek:
I must have been away. What did I miss?

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not sure but Yammy has lots of options on there pre/pro , but lacking in the Amp section
Correct me if I am wrong (as I didn't meticulously re-read all the posts before replying), but was that conclusion based on the performance of a single peace of Yamaha gear, in a non-level matched comparison? :confused:

For me that's like having a freak engine malfunction with a Saab, and then adamantly arguing that every make and model from every company associated with GM (Pontiac, Chevrolet, Subaru, Cadillac, Buick, Saturn) is a highly inferior car.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Correct me if I am wrong (as I didn't meticulously re-read all the posts before replying), but was that conclusion based on the performance of a single peace of Yamaha gear, in a non-level matched comparison? :confused:

For me that's like having a freak engine malfunction with a Saab, and then adamantly arguing that every make and model from every company associated with GM (Pontiac, Chevrolet, Subaru, Cadillac, Buick, Saturn) is a highly inferior car.
Talk about two steps forward, and one step back. GM products are junk.

Toyota purchased Subaru. Thank god. While I am unaware that GM had control of the company, at least it's in good hands now.;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord

Toyota purchased Subaru. Thank god. While I am unaware that GM had control of the company, at least it's in good hands now.;)
All very subjective opinions, take a few steps away, let this thread die with honor.;)

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
and you wouldn't know the difference between that and tar if you stepped in it. Like I said before, your arguements are based on nothing factual and this makes your arguement pointless.
I was there , what can i say , im not a big fan of either brand , but after that , I had a hate on for Yammy .
It actually tuned me to buy a Bryston4B :) > I stepped up orignally from a 3155 NAD intra to a Bridged 3155/2155 to a Carver reciever and finally to true Amp/Pre .
It's ok , Yammy Amp sections are a learning curve , one day you might step up and get a good power amp to add to your Yammy .

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
It actually tuned me to buy a Bryston4B :) > I stepped up orignally from a 3155 NAD intra to a Bridged 3155/2155 to a Carver reciever and finally to true Amp/Pre .
"Tuned to buy a Bryston4B":confused: So that Bryston changed the sound of your system:confused: NOT!:rolleyes: I bet they love to see you coming at your local shop.:D

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
All very subjective opinions, take a few steps away, let this thread die with honor.;)
Well, I for one have been subjected to the poor quality and workmanship of GM products. Never again. Designed to fail. It's the American way. The plan was to keep Americans working, not only making the cars, but mostly, making the replacement parts that were designed to fail. Look how that backfired. I will take the Corona, Modelo, and Pacifico. You can have the GM.;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I for one have been subjected to the poor quality and workmanship of GM products. Never again. Designed to fail. It's the American way. The plan was to keep Americans working, not only making the cars, but mostly, making the replacement parts that were designed to fail. Look how that backfired. I will take the Corona, Modelo, and Pacifico. You can have the GM.;)
Many foreign automobile manufacturers have some of their largest operations in the US, which gives Americans jobs. Japanese companies have their American outfits run like the Japanese factories run.:)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Many foreign automobile manufacturers have some of their largest operations in the US, which gives Americans jobs. Japanese companies have their American outfits run like the Japanese factories run.:)
Yep. That is what I meant by "look how that backfired".

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
LOL, I know. I used it as an example because it's a well known brand.

I have yet to drive a GM vehicle I like, or even compares to the other cars I have driven, however I must say the Solstice/Sky looks like a good effort, although it is a Opel/Vauxhall/Lotus... :rolleyes:

(puts on fire retardant suit) :D
Good to know.

I knew GM owned some percentage of Subaru, I don't know if it was control, but it was enough of a relationship for GM to want to use Subaru's as Saab's. :eek:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Has anyone else noticed that when it gets down the last post on a page it has a link to the last page but it just sends you to the previous page. (page, page, page, you confused? I sure am.:confused:)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Has anyone else noticed that when it gets down the last post on a page it has a link to the last page but it just sends you to the previous page. (page, page, page, you confused? I sure am.:confused:)
i do! but I don't know what's wrong.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I have yet to drive a GM vehicle I like, or even compares to the other cars I have driven, however I must say the Solstice/Sky looks like a good effort, although it is a Opel/Vauxhall/Lotus... :rolleyes:
For me, I am all about Toyota. However, when it came time for my wife to get her car, Toyota had been without the Supra for a while. So we were looking at a BMW 330. It was a little out of our price-range, but what a fine piece of perfection it was. Then, my friend at Infiniti called and said he had received his first G35 coupe. Wouldn't you know it, it was the exact color and options we were about to order in the BMW for about 5 grand less. We jumped on it, and got the first G35 coupe sold in our state. Only two payments left, and only a driver side power window motor replaced under warranty in our five years with the car.:D While it is not the perfection a BMW is, I am sure it will save us money in the long run. Just think, if we had purchased the Beemer, that free maintenance would be almost over. They are expensive to maintain after the first five years.:(

Anyway, my point was, if you haven't driven a BMW, you must. There is just nothing like them. Lexus and Infiniti comes close, and I prefer them for my money, but they don't have the same feel of complete perfection.

Last edited:
wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
This is yet another fine example of someone not knowing what they are talking about. When an amp is added to any brand of receiver, it will sound exactly as it did before the addition.:rolleyes: There will just be more gas in the tank.
Hehe
Thats why the Yammy runs out of gas when pushed , its hard on gas and wastes gas in its power supply . When ask for the power its gone or never was there :) .

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
Oh, well if you put it that way.:rolleyes:

Sorry for being sarcastic, but it is hard to be serious with someone who stands their ground for what seems to be no reason other than to stand your ground.

People are discussing refrigerators, let's say there are three people. One of the people mentions Kenmore and expresses their likeness for it because it keeps things the coolest (not fact, I don't know much about fridges;)). Another person (person 4) joins the conversation and says that Kenmore is only good for keeping things hot. The original three explain clearly why that is not the case, but person 4 continues to claim that Kenmore is only useful for keeping things hot with no grounds to support their conclusions.......WTF?
My ground is i heard the comparison :) . It was Live and personal , it was a great test to how the industy fools ppl. by propaganda :) .

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
and you wouldn't know the difference between that and tar if you stepped in it. Like I siad before, your arguements are based on nothing factual and this makes your arguement pointless.
Your argument with me is purely fictional since you where not there with me :) or have never tried to put the time in and try to test equipment up close and personal , any company can say what ever the consumer wants to here to sell there product . To bad for you .

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic

Well there was 4 of us that did the test , we put both through alot types of music , the conclusion was the same everytime , to all of us . The Denon was quite a nice piece vs the Yammy .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis