Good customer service story: PF Changs

jinjuku

jinjuku

Just thought I would share some of the good with some of the bad. We call in our reservation for 7. Get there and told there are just two parties ahead of us. I thought reservation means that you get a table at the reserved time? So it was only a 15 minute wait for the table and that was fine. We get seated, handed menu's and then no wait staff. Watched 3 tables around us get seated and then one waited on. At the 12 minute mark with not even water I go and find the FoH manager and let him know.

He's like 'You've got to be kidding me'. Gets our drink order and finds out what is happening. So happens that the person covering our section called off and the person that's supposed to cover our section wasn't told by the seating host.

Manager apologizes and comps us an appetizer. Takes 14 minutes. We also both order vegetarian dishes. Those dishes take forever. We were seated at 7:15 and don't get main course until 7:55. And the Manager brings the food out and all embarrassed. The waitress was so fed up with the back of the house she made him do it so he could experience her frustration.

He comps us our meals, and tossed on a $25 gift card. Finally someone that had a clue and didn't treat you like poop for speaking up about the poor experience. Treated us exactly the way I think he would want treated.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Just thought I would share some of the good with some of the bad. We call in our reservation for 7. Get there and told there are just two parties ahead of us. I thought reservation means that you get a table at the reserved time? So it was only a 15 minute wait for the table and that was fine. We get seated, handed menu's and then no wait staff. Watched 3 tables around us get seated and then one waited on. At the 12 minute mark with not even water I go and find the FoH manager and let him know.

He's like 'You've got to be kidding me'. Gets our drink order and finds out what is happening. So happens that the person covering our section called off and the person that's supposed to cover our section wasn't told by the seating host.

Manager apologizes and comps us an appetizer. Takes 14 minutes. We also both order vegetarian dishes. Those dishes take forever. We were seated at 7:15 and don't get main course until 7:55. And the Manager brings the food out and all embarrassed. The waitress was so fed up with the back of the house she made him do it so he could experience her frustration.

He comps us our meals, and tossed on a $25 gift card. Finally someone that had a clue and didn't treat you like poop for speaking up about the poor experience. Treated us exactly the way I think he would want treated.
Why would vegetarian dishes take forever? When I make something without meat, I prepare it the same way, but omit the meat and add something to replace it.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Why would vegetarian dishes take forever? When I make something without meat, I prepare it the same way, but omit the meat and add something to replace it.
Funny because the Manager was just as perplexed and said the same thing about it should be quicker since it was vegetarian. It was just one of those nights of everything coming up sho

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Funny because the Manager was just as perplexed and said the same thing about it should be quicker since it was vegetarian. It was just one of those nights of everything coming up sho
I get that they make sauces in advance, but with so many people cutting out meat and gluten, they should be prepared for this.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
We had problems with PF Changs at Christmas. We started doing PF Changs for one side of the family's Christmas dinner done the weekend before Christmas. It works because everyone likes it and the family members that are Gluten Free (medical reason, as in projectile vomit if eaten) can get GF meals. So I drove mom over there since it's at a mall and traffic is insane before Christmas. I waited in the car because it will only be a few minutes since it was called in 2 hours earlier. Well, 45 minutes later, mom finally comes out with the food. Only, we get home and NOTHING IS LABELED. We have no idea what is GF or even if was made GF. Plus it was cold. So now, we are heating stuff up in the microwave while the GF family members are running out to find food that is safe for them to eat.

Overall, not a good experience. I'm really wondering if they are struggling to find decent workers. Unemployment is low and it's a service industry job. So it's not like it's easy to find great workers given the wages. I suspect a lot of restaurants are fighting this. I hit a Taco Bell a month ago as I was working late and they only had 2 workers because that's all they could get to work.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
PF Changs does have some really good beef fried rice.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I had the Thai curry. Once we were served the food it was awesome.

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
Ate at a PF Changs a few months back for my wife's birthday. Turns out this location was one of a few across the nation where they were trying out a new limited menu. Very little of what we have ordered in the past was on the menu. What we did order was OK but not great. Expressed our feelings to the manager who informed us we should contact corporate. Told her that was her job. Won't be back.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis