For the love of god or whoever … VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I stopped counting after 1. Oh, wait, 2nd went to spouse and I did let her fill it out. :D

Facebook raised this for you? Wife's friend thinks ballots were sent to Germany and other places(perhaps to military personnel) but she didn't ask questions about evidence for this being nefarious.
I didn't think about it until I saw a post by a friend.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You may have received multiple copies, but I don't think it's a conspiracy. If you're a registered voter your personal information should already be included in the ballot and all you have to do is make your vote. The reason votes take so long to count is because the balloters are cross referencing them. That includes making sure people don't vote more than once.
And to think that computers could do this more accurately and faster, since they were originally developed to count and calculate. Hmmmm

The fact that humans are involved at all is one of the reasons I have problems with manual reading and counting of ballots. People make mistakes and aren't objective.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Yes presidents make their money AFTER serving. There's nothing illegal let alone wrong with it. The key here like you said is Hillary said they were "dirt poor" when they left the WH, implying they didn't profit during their tenure. (Or ate out every night.) Sure, there's all kinds of shoulder patting to set themselves up after, but it's after. I'm not going to say there couldn't be more to the story, but the courts have to prove it.

On the other hand, Trump decline his 400K salary but continues to manage his properties while in office. There's the emoluments schmoluments clause with Doral and him wanting to host the G7 for free, but as one said, it's likely what he wanted to do was use tax payer monies to refurbish the place to the tune of tens if not hundred of millions. He'd gain far more than a weekend summit. Funny when a Republican senator was asked he toned down the part about this being a conflict of interest with a sitting president. Playing golf is likely him "managing" one of his properties.

The above isn't 100% concrete, but what I do know is others know how to hide it better. Trump is so transparent it's laughable. That's my two cents.
i'm guessing he turned down the salary to avoid paying taxes on it.. laugh it off if you want , i think he has an ocd phobia about it (at least from how he acts).. to most of the rest : his transparency is the result of not caring about norms.. "if it isn't written in stone, it's ok"... as far as Hillary.. how about we let that be?.. it's 20 year old history.. what she did or does is of no matter except to 80 y.o. republican Rush listeners and 2 digit iq Qanon followers ...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I didn't think about it until I saw a post by a friend.
fb post(or other social media)? that's most likely a repost of a troll bot post designed to get the reaction you gave.. distrust in the country that gave you the opportunity to be you...whatever that ended up being...

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Hillary said most of their money went to Bill's legal defense, which isn't likely since there was a big legal defense fund that finished paying for it after they left. Until they left office, they had never owned a house. As Gov of Arkansas from '79-'81, '83-'92 and POTUS, they didn't need to own a house, so I find it difficult to believe they spent everything they made as lawyers on his defense- he made over $3.2 Million dollars as POTUS and whatever he made before plus her pay should have created a nice nest egg. Few women would have stayed with their husbands under the same circumstances and IMO, it showed her personal and political ambitions.

I wouldn't have wanted to be him after the allegations came out about his sexual conduct.

Obama golfed a lot, too- are you sure of what you're accusing?
they don't need a "nest egg" they both receive full salaries and healthcare for life .. Hillary at senate wages , Bill as president. ...

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hillary said most of their money went to Bill's legal defense, which isn't likely since there was a big legal defense fund that finished paying for it after they left. Until they left office, they had never owned a house. As Gov of Arkansas from '79-'81, '83-'92 and POTUS, they didn't need to own a house, so I find it difficult to believe they spent everything they made as lawyers on his defense- he made over $3.2 Million dollars as POTUS and whatever he made before plus her pay should have created a nice nest egg. Few women would have stayed with their husbands under the same circumstances and IMO, it showed her personal and political ambitions.

I wouldn't have wanted to be him after the allegations came out about his sexual conduct.

Obama golfed a lot, too- are you sure of what you're accusing?
Yep. Obama hid it better. Trump complained on air to FOX about Obama's trips five years ago and since is managing his course while in office with countless trips.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Yep. Obama hid it better. Trump complained on air to FOX about Obama's trips five years ago and since is managing his course while in office with countless trips.
another thing that Obama did better than trump : his job.. from a to z

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Watching the Trump legal team in action is oddly entertaining in much the same way as watching crashes at NASCAR races:

>>>“It’s such a shame. This is a democracy,” Daryl Brooks, who said he was a GOP poll watcher, said at the press conference, held at Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Northeast Philadelphia. “They did not allow us to see anything. Was it corrupt or not? But give us an opportunity as poll watchers to view all the documents — all of the ballots.”

Trenton political insiders watched with bemusement as Brooks took the podium. Brooks was incarcerated in the 1990s on charges of sexual assault, lewdness and endangering the welfare of a minor for exposing himself to two girls ages 7 and 11, according to news accounts.<<<

One of the affidavits alleging voting irregularities used data from the wrong state.

>>>[A]s the Powerline blog first reported, the affidavit made a major mistake. Its data wasn’t actually from Michigan; it was from Minnesota. What’s more, its conclusions about over-votes even in those Minnesota locations aren’t backed up data from the Minnesota secretary of state.<<<

Another lawsuit was filed in the wrong court:

>>>One of President Donald Trump’s numerous election lawsuits was filed in the wrong federal court. Like, the really wrong court. On Tuesday, a campaign lawyer filed a Michigan-focused federal lawsuit in the Washington, D.C.-based Court of Federal Claims–which has no authority to hear an electoral fraud themed lawsuit whatsoever.<<<

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/trump-campaign-lawyer-comically-filed-election-lawsuit-in-court-that-had-no-authority-to-hear-the-case/

I'm not sure how far to take the NASCAR crash analogy, but they are now going to the wrong racetracks and crashing dirt bikes.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
has anybody ever wondered.. ???...how much does trump profit from all those caps , flags and tee's that he sells.. does anybody wonder why he does/ did all those rallies.. it's for merchandise sales...the biggest lure to him as president is the monetary gain..
I can't guarantee the profits on the merch, but all of his fundraising since Election Day has all been for his own personal slush fund. Originally the fund print read that 60% of all donations below 3k went to him personally basically. And it worked so well last week he upgraded it to 75%

And the NYT article showed how much he makes on the DC hotel (even as it goes bankrupt) and also how much he charges the Secret Service to house all the agents for each trip to Mar a Lago. They stay at the hotel then charge the Govt.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Dynamite review for those interested.....

History will provide you with all the steps required to destroy a Democracy and replace it with Facism. This is nothing new.

An excellent PBS program currently being rebroadcast and available streaming "Rise of the Nazi's.". One only has to watch...

T

trochetier

Audioholic
Rumor - there will be an extra turkey pardon at the WH this week. Trump will pardon himself!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Let me qualify that a bit: Modern US Presidents have, while in office, not used it to enrich themselves. Certainly not near the level of Trump. If you disagree, please mention a former President you think has done this.
@highfigh The silence is deafening ;)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone else wondering what would happen if Trump did win a second term? He has already speculated on pushing on to a third. Un Fn believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis