Not open for further replies.
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
No, you are a witch. Where's that stake? Anybody got a can of petrol?:D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
No offense intended. I wouldn't call you slow. I forget sometimes that some jokes aren't for everybody and that some don't care for barbeque. Yikes, there I go again. I swear, I'm gonna get help.:confused:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
No offense intended. I wouldn't call you slow. I forget sometimes that some jokes aren't for everybody and that some don't care for barbeque. Yikes, there I go again. I swear, I'm gonna get help.:confused:
You didn't call me fast, though :eek:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I would never! Wait, I don't think we are thinking of the same thing.:D

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
i understand the post presidency "cash out",, but i don't think anybody actively sought to squeeze every cent available out of his voters *while* in office... it's tacky
Does anyone have, or have they shown, any proof that the money from hats, t-shirts, etc goes to him? This is typical internet BS- post proof if you have it, or stop making baseless claims. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but at least have some integrity in your comments.

highfigh

highfigh

Some time ago I wrote in a post that the US Constitution is just a piece of old paper unless people uphold it. As I recall that post was not universally loved :)
Is that how you see the Constitution in your country? I hope so because that view would have to apply there, too. People need to read and understand what it contains- if asked, I would guess that far less than 50% of Americans know much about what's written in the Constitution, even those who are out there protesting for rights that we already have and are in no danger of losing.

I don't think your comment is wrong- my problem is with people in the US who don't know or care about it and live as if they have the right to do whatever they want, even if it kills or harms others. I include members of Congress in this.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is that how you see the Constitution in your country? I hope so because that view would have to apply there, too. People need to read and understand what it contains- if asked, I would guess that far less than 50% of Americans know much about what's written in the Constitution, even those who are out there protesting for rights that we already have and are in no danger of losing.

I don't think your comment is wrong- my problem is with people in the US who don't know or care about it and live as if they have the right to do whatever they want, even if it kills or harms others. I include members of Congress in this.
I've already said that people need to have at the very minimum a general knowledge of everything they use. That includes their local, state, and federal governments. Do they need to be a scholar? No, but they should at least have a general knowledge of how and why we do things the way we do.

This sort of thinking would help eliminate a lot of dis/misinformation around a lot of facets of the election process, how we elect, why it works the way it does, and what we can do to move forward to a better system. Now? People just want the person they like the best to win like it's some sort of reality TV competition. That's a problem.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Does anyone have, or have they shown, any proof that the money from hats, t-shirts, etc goes to him? This is typical internet BS- post proof if you have it, or stop making baseless claims. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but at least have some integrity in your comments.
Of course that money didn't go to him - it went to Stormy Daniels! :D

highfigh

highfigh

I saw something on Facebook that raised a question for me- how many ballots did you people receive in the mail?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I saw something on Facebook that raised a question for me- how many ballots did you people receive in the mail?
I live in Texas. We don't do that here. Well, unless you're old or not registered out of state.

highfigh

highfigh

Of course that money didn't go to him - it went to Stormy Daniels! :D
OK, so what about the money they received for hats, etc BEFORE the 2016 election? Was that for the campaign, or for him? What about all of the other candidates who started campaigning two years before the upcoming elections and selling all kinds of merchandise? Did the sales stop after they were elected?

highfigh

highfigh

I live in Texas. We don't do that here. Well, unless you're old or not registered out of state.
Yeah, but Texas is also a Republic- do you guys still have a disconnect for the state power grid where it meets the national grid? Don't know if that was true, but I have heard about it for a long time.

Here's part of the cover of the Wisconsin ballot- I received many of them- since there's no requirement for proof of identity, I fail to see how this could possibly be without abuse. Anyone who thinks people won't "because an election is important" is incredibly naiive.

I don't have a problem with mail-in voting, I just want the same requirement for ID- it would be better if the ballots came after a request, not just in the bulk mail, sent multiple times to each person.

1605882077591.png

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
OK, so what about the money they received for hats, etc BEFORE the 2016 election? Was that for the campaign, or for him? What about all of the other candidates who started campaigning two years before the upcoming elections and selling all kinds of merchandise? Did the sales stop after they were elected?
Did you take my post - which was pretty clearly (I thought) a joke - seriously?

highfigh

highfigh

Did you take my post - which was pretty clearly (I thought) a joke - seriously?
Give me a break- I ran out of coffee and one cup isn't gonna cut it.

BTW- humor is supposed to be a two way street. :) (got you good on that one, eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis