For the love of god or whoever … VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Credit for a four year old promise that's been on the back burner? While I welcome the reform, this doesn't seem too well planned.
Hey, this is Trump! The reform is pretty good, by the looks of it, and will help many Americans.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Credit for a four year old promise that's been on the back burner? While I welcome the reform, this doesn't seem too well planned.
I don't think "planning" is a strength of this Admin. :) Still I've been waiting awhile for this and I bet it has a greater than zero chance of the Biden Admin will roll with it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
i wouldn't get too worked up.. the 1st move seems solid.. i want to see what the 2nd actually does.. it might be a way for drug makers to stiff the system.. that description is way too ambiguous...
I agree with @davidscott on this one.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, but Texas is also a Republic- do you guys still have a disconnect for the state power grid where it meets the national grid? Don't know if that was true, but I have heard about it for a long time.

Here's part of the cover of the Wisconsin ballot- I received many of them- since there's no requirement for proof of identity, I fail to see how this could possibly be without abuse. Anyone who thinks people won't "because an election is important" is incredibly naiive.

I don't have a problem with mail-in voting, I just want the same requirement for ID- it would be better if the ballots came after a request, not just in the bulk mail, sent multiple times to each person.

View attachment 41840
You may have received multiple copies, but I don't think it's a conspiracy. If you're a registered voter your personal information should already be included in the ballot and all you have to do is make your vote. The reason votes take so long to count is because the balloters are cross referencing them. That includes making sure people don't vote more than once.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
the timing is rather dubious .. he could have *obviously* done this year 1 if it meant anything more than window dressing.. it's like slapping a band aid on a guy that's already bled out

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
the timing is rather dubious .. he could have *obviously* done this year 1 if it meant anything more than window dressing.. it's like slapping a band aid on a guy that's already bled out
After his failed (?) attempted coup, yes really, and pressure to keep the Senate majority, it is suspicious.

On the other hand it will also make life much easier for many Americans.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Does anyone have, or have they shown, any proof that the money from hats, t-shirts, etc goes to him? This is typical internet BS- post proof if you have it, or stop making baseless claims. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, but at least have some integrity in your comments.
I believe donations made to Trump's Recount are going to his "Save America" and the RNC first. In other words if you're reading between the lines, the debt he owes. Save America has a large leeway as to what those funds can be used for. But yeah, not likely towards the recount gobbledegook. Apparently that information is listed for the donator, but in fine print. Go figure.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I believe donations made to Trump's Recount are going to his "Save America" and the RNC first. In other words if you're reading between the lines, the debt he owes. Save America has a large leeway as to what those funds can be used for. But yeah, not likely towards the recount gobbledegook. Apparently that information is listed for the donator, but in fine print. Go figure.
He is hacking a straw man. All of us knows that the proceeds of a gift shop in the White House is not what we have in mind.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Your blindness is showing. I know people are going to crap all over me for this, but.....

OK, how did the Clintons, Obama and Biden go from relative poverty to net worth of tens of millions of dollars (with Biden being the piker)? BY SELLING THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hillary said they were dirt poor when they left the White House, Obama said "...at some point, you've made enough money". Biden has sold books, they all charge a buttload for speeches and if you look into it, Biden recently took in more than $340 Million in campaign contributions. BTW- book deals come with a huge advance and there's really no cost to the person whose name is on the cover but the hats and other merch cost the seller. That's a big difference.

Monetary gain, for someone who didn't take his Presidential salary? GMAB! Show me another POTUS who ever did that.
Yes presidents make their money AFTER serving. There's nothing illegal let alone wrong with it. The key here like you said is Hillary said they were "dirt poor" when they left the WH, implying they didn't profit during their tenure. (Or ate out every night.) Sure, there's all kinds of shoulder patting to set themselves up after, but it's after. I'm not going to say there couldn't be more to the story, but the courts have to prove it.

On the other hand, Trump decline his 400K salary but continues to manage his properties while in office. There's the emoluments schmoluments clause with Doral and him wanting to host the G7 for free, but as one said, it's likely what he wanted to do was use tax payer monies to refurbish the place to the tune of tens if not hundred of millions. He'd gain far more than a weekend summit. Funny when a Republican senator was asked he toned down the part about this being a conflict of interest with a sitting president. Playing golf is likely him "managing" one of his properties.

The above isn't 100% concrete, but what I do know is others know how to hide it better. Trump is so transparent it's laughable. That's my two cents.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While drumphy does donate an amount each quarter equivalent to a quarter of his annual presidential salary, it appears he still takes it. Kennedy and Hoover also donated their salaries.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
While drumphy does donate an amount each quarter equivalent to a quarter of his annual presidential salary, it appears he still takes it. Kennedy and Hoover also donated their salaries.
I suppose I should feel all good inside, but it feels to me like a smoke screen for his business interests.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I suppose I should feel all good inside, but it feels to me like a smoke screen for his business interests.
It's one of those things his base can say "look how great he is, donating his salary". I keep asking Trump supporters what he's done for them and have yet to get an answer.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
From the little I've read Trump's recount fund is targeted for lower donors (ie his base). Save America is a slush fund that could go anywhere, and the RNC is for the debt he owes them. You have to reach the maximum to start getting money to go towards his recount fund. So yeah it's a scam.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes presidents make their money AFTER serving. There's nothing illegal let alone wrong with it. The key here like you said is Hillary said they were "dirt poor" when they left the WH, implying they didn't profit during their tenure. (Or ate out every night.) Sure, there's all kinds of shoulder patting to set themselves up after, but it's after. I'm not going to say there couldn't be more to the story, but the courts have to prove it.

On the other hand, Trump decline his 400K salary but continues to manage his properties while in office. There's the emoluments schmoluments clause with Doral and him wanting to host the G7 for free, but as one said, it's likely what he wanted to do was use tax payer monies to refurbish the place to the tune of tens if not hundred of millions. He'd gain far more than a weekend summit. Funny when a Republican senator was asked he toned down the part about this being a conflict of interest with a sitting president. Playing golf is likely him "managing" one of his properties.

The above isn't 100% concrete, but what I do know is others know how to hide it better. Trump is so transparent it's laughable. That's my two cents.
Hillary said most of their money went to Bill's legal defense, which isn't likely since there was a big legal defense fund that finished paying for it after they left. Until they left office, they had never owned a house. As Gov of Arkansas from '79-'81, '83-'92 and POTUS, they didn't need to own a house, so I find it difficult to believe they spent everything they made as lawyers on his defense- he made over $3.2 Million dollars as POTUS and whatever he made before plus her pay should have created a nice nest egg. Few women would have stayed with their husbands under the same circumstances and IMO, it showed her personal and political ambitions.

I wouldn't have wanted to be him after the allegations came out about his sexual conduct.

Obama golfed a lot, too- are you sure of what you're accusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis