Finally moving on from Def Tech...kinda

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Definitely no reason not to try other subs. The only thing I’ll say about that, is moving up the SVS food chain will be much like moving on to a different sub company.

there are better/equal performers out there. LOL

Imo, HSU is probably the best value/bang for your buck out there
Value = State of Mind

In My State of Mind SVS Is the better Value/Band for your Buck

From their Designs, from their Engineering, from their Build Quality, from their Finishes, from the Materials used, the Drivers and Internal parts, from Customer Service, from the people who work there.

I pay a couple hundred to a few hundred dollars more for that Piece of Mind all day long

THAT'S VALUE!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes. Ed Mullen. He’s a cofounder and one super nice guy.
Was Ed an actual founder? I know Tom Vodhanel (now of Power Sound Audio, the "V" in SVS) was....pretty sure Ed was someone they hired in any case. Now director of Customer Service and Technology, tho.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Value = State of Mind

In My State of Mind SVS Is the better Value/Band for your Buck

From their Designs, from their Engineering, from their Build Quality, from their Finishes, from the Materials used, the Drivers and Internal parts, from Customer Service, from the people who work there.

I pay a couple hundred to a few hundred dollars more for that Piece of Mind all day long

THAT'S VALUE!!!
And value is different for each person. You can’t say THATS VALUE for anyone but yourself. Sure their designs and engineering is great, but so are plenty of others. Finishes are a nice option, but don’t add any value. Especially when they cost extra. Drivers and materials are great too, but so are others. Don’t forget, SVS also has failures just like the rest. Plenty of ink on amp and driver failures. Just like everyone else.

People value different things, and there are LOTS of good options out there.

I will give you that their customer service is what ALL others in the world should strive for.
Also, I am an SVS owner.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Was Ed an actual founder? I know Tom Vodhanel (now of Power Sound Audio, the "V" in SVS) was....pretty sure Ed was someone they hired in any case. Now director of Customer Service and Technology, tho.
Hmmmm I may have that bassackwards. I know Tom was, and I had in my mind Ed was too. Oh well. Getting old I guess!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmmm I may have that bassackwards. I know Tom was, and I had in my mind Ed was too. Oh well. Getting old I guess!
For the life of me I can't think of who the S was or what it stood for....don't think it was Gary Y, tho am not sure.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Just say very wealthy people who are very smart. That about covers it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Can you tell us how your RSL CG23 & CG3 combo worked out?
Actually really, really well. I have the CG23 center and CG3 left and right speakers. It's worked out so well in a few weeks I'll be ordering 2 more CG23s to complete the system of CG23 LCR and CG3 surrounds.
I think I finally understand what people mean by strive or what flat sound is. Is pleasing I think it's the right way to describe RSL. They aren't all over the place, lively or off the wall. It's more a straight forward and the sound was intended. I'm loving them. I can't wait to hear the full system together.

P

primalspy

Audioholic Intern
Actually really, really well. I have the CG23 center and CG3 left and right speakers. It's worked out so well in a few weeks I'll be ordering 2 more CG23s to complete the system of CG23 LCR and CG3 surrounds.
I think I finally understand what people mean by strive or what flat sound is. Is pleasing I think it's the right way to describe RSL. They aren't all over the place, lively or off the wall. It's more a straight forward and the sound was intended. I'm loving them. I can't wait to hear the full system together.

That’s awesome. I already have the RSL Speedwoofer 10s with a second one on pre-order.
I’m looking to replace my entry level Sony towers & center for now. I just ordered both the CG23 & CG25 to compare. Whichever I like will be the center & then I’ll either go with 2 more CG23’s for left/right or possibly two CG5’s. CG23’s will probably be my rears with either combo. I would prefer the smaller form factor of the CG23’s if they fill my mini 12’x 12’ theater.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

That’s great Het!!! Looking for a full review once you get some time in.

P

primalspy

Audioholic Intern
I thought about auditioning the SVS Ultra center but chose not to because of the size & The $700 cost.
i almost pulled the trigger on the Ascend CMT’s you were recommending but I think the only thing holding me back is the looks and size. Its a very small room (mini theatre). Plus the guys at RSL have put in a lot of time into emailing me back & forth & phone calls. Great guys. All so helpful. I kind of feel a loyalty to them.
B30D49C8-FAEC-42FB-A32C-CBB61A006C4F.jpeg
4FD47BEE-B9E7-4C11-9A67-A629974FED03.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis