Finally – good looking speaker stands AND a fair price!!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
5 years ago, before even thinking of using plant stands I got these 'ugly metal pipes with steel plates'.

The wood cutting board at bottom is an idea from Audioholics member Bucknekked, makes it easier to 'toe in / out'

IMG_2783.JPG

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Well, sorry. I was speaking only for myself, what I find ugly. I hope you like yours.

It's a good idea for easier moving. I'll get my with spikes as well, but don't really need them.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I took a pair of speaker stands and re-purposed them as outdoor plant stands! LOL

View attachment 38697
This pisses me off haha. Long story short. I went to the thrift store like two months ago and had them hold something for me to check out before buying I also saw some cool looking wood stands and left them by the cash register thinking no one would touch them and I came back some woman had bought them I’m guessing for her plants. I was so freaking pissed off. Dang gone it.:mad:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaker stands for plants and plant pots for speakers. As long as it moves around...
If you look at the bottom of the left speaker, you can juuuust see it's sitting on some ceramic tiles on top of an upside down clay plant pot! Ha ha!

457.jpeg

Those are a pair of KEF C75s I found on CL for 30 bucks back in May (original post). They're too short to set them on the ground because the tweeter would be too low so I looked in the garage real quick for an impromptu "stand" and saw that pot beside some leftover tiles. Stacked those on top of the pot and it was the perfect height!

I wanted to post this earlier but just now found the time to dig up the pic, lol.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
As I mentioned, I really don’t like the looks a if typical speaker stands as they are usually a single skinny pole (round or rectangular) or a series of square columns. I realize they are about “form follows function” but it is rare (in my beholding eyes no offense if anyone likes ‘em) for the function and design intersect in an attractive form. That’s why I really like the ones you @killdozzer found.

When I bought my Adantes, I could not find a set of dedicated Elac stands (and I am glad I could not). Out of boredom one day, I was browsing Wayfair for nothing, really, when I found these:
8FB1BC48-DF15-4954-B999-89793924D6C8.jpeg

Sturdy, cheap and blue!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If you look at the bottom of the left speaker, you can juuuust see it's sitting on some ceramic tiles on top of an upside down clay plant pot! Ha ha!

View attachment 38717

Those are a pair of KEF C75s I found on CL for 30 bucks back in May (original post). They're too short to set them on the ground because the tweeter would be too low so I looked in the garage real quick for an impromptu "stand" and saw that pot beside some leftover tiles. Stacked those on top of the pot and it was the perfect height!

I wanted to post this earlier but just now found the time to dig up the pic, lol.
How are those KEFs treating you?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How are those KEFs treating you?
Not my favorites, but a great opportunity to get a feel for their popular UniQ concentric drivers. They were pretty dirty and dusted up when I got them, but ended up cleaning up really nice. They're a sealed design and don't have a lot of bass for having a pair of 8" drivers, but don't sound too bad. I think I remember thinking the imaging was really precise but overall sq was a little bit... "fuzzy" compared to some of my nicer speakers.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Monolith 7. 200 wpc so I have plenty of juice. Like I said, sealed cab. They're just not designed to play deep bass.
gotcha, but do they pair well with your subs ?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
gotcha, but do they pair well with your subs ?
Oh yeah. I can get them sounding pretty nice crossed over to my subs. They're not devoid of bass. They just don't dig as deep as I'm used to seeing with drivers that size. I lifted this right from their site; "Frequency response: 57Hz to 20kHz +/-3dB (-6dB at 47Hz)". You can they're 6 dB down at 47 hz, which is kinda high for a speaker that size. A typical 80-90 hz crossover seems to work pretty well with them tho.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
They a r e F I N I S H E D, people!!!! Ariving in a day or two.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
A rather bad pic from the guy's living room.
1597498450621.jpeg
They are not so reddish, a bit darker... Anyway I got him to align the front edges, as I said LS50s are quite forward heavy. I plan to give them my seal by finding black screws for assembly, along these lines:
1597498396673.png

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
They look great, can't wait to see them with your speakers mounted on them !

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
They're at the customs (where they shouldn't be) and I'm all morning like:
1597740970993.png

:D:D:D
They should be here in few hours, but I won't have the time to assemble them, I have to go to work. Oh how unjust life is... (These are sweet problems)

Later edit: And they're thru!!

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
They are at my home. I can't convey the right color. They keep coming out orangish and they really have this ash-grey hue beneath the brown...

This is closest to their true color:
1597784291721.png

I'm missing a wrench so there'll be no assemblage tonight.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis