Finally – good looking speaker stands AND a fair price!!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice!
Thank you. They are so small in real life. But to me, they are beautiful. It's all hand made (all of it, the spikes, everything), I mean machined but a guy did it all the way we agreed. It's real wood, so they are in fact massive and heavy and supported on 3 point they never ever rock.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
superb !

How tall are they ? I assume the builder will make them to whatever ht you require ?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
superb !

How tall are they ? I assume the builder will make them to whatever ht you require ?
Yes, any height. The width really raises the price since he is getting the blocks that are 2 inches. Mine are slightly thicker, I asked him and he glued them on another edge. They are 26 inches top to bottom.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Some dusks are better than others.
20200820_194655.jpg
The sound improved immensely. Especially in the LF. It is better defined. I guess the commode is not fudging it with its own resonating.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Both I suppose....wasn't sure what you meant by dusk. It's just a stand....
About the dusk - I don't like getting up early but I mind it less when I wake up to the setup.

About the stands - I had none until now. I thought it's not even a question and that you buy stands almost exclusively to improve performance. Do you think otherwise? Don't you agree with what the purpose of the stands is?

Anyway, until now they were sitting on a huge, HUGE commode with no fronts and I think the entire piece of furniture was resonating. And the furthest they could get away from the rear wall was a foot (and the rear wall is bare concrete). So on stands they do sound better.

I didn't mean I switched one pair of stands with another and rediscovered my songbook! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dawn or dusk?

Ah, I always have stands when I need them. I thought you just got new ones but I didn't look back in the thread either.....

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I thought you just got new ones /.../
No, no! These are the first stands I bought. And it's really much better.
1598193241870.jpeg

Here you can see the huge, 4 drawers wide (6 feet) commode with no fronts. I think this entire box resonated together with the speakers. It is less boomy now.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
How about some cool pics of the TT?
I thought you'd never ask!!! Let's start with a very romantic one:
AHTT.jpg

And a truthful one (no TT without a screwdriver at hand, here adjusting the lift height):
newtt.jpg
That's where I still had the Concorde on the TT. I wasn't really pleased. I opted to change first for AT 8still no satisfaction) and then I landed on SuperOM5E by Ortofon. It's good entry level in my humble opinion. You can also see LS50s sitting on the said commode.

This is the Final Tuning - the overhang, the little scale for the pressure visible on the very chassis of the TT, the antiskating... It's when it finally came from the shop all cleaned and lubed working like a working girl:
AHTT2.jpg

Still haven't made any artistic ones. Will do.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looking great man! Doesn’t the receiver(?) get hot with the TT on top?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Looking great man! Doesn’t the receiver(?) get hot with the TT on top?
All good observations. But remember, you have a towel over a lamp!! :D:D:D:D:D

It did get hot, but not too hot. In a month or two I'll have one of those commodes that have central shelf and the amp will be separated. Like this:
1598204179448.png

here's another pic (these are very hot in the vinyl community I hear):

Attachments

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
All good observations. But remember, you have a towel over a lamp!! :D:D:D:D:D

It did get hot, but not too hot. In a month or two I'll have one of those commodes that have central shelf and the amp will be separated. Like this:
View attachment 39188

here's another pic (these are very hot in the vinyl community I hear):
That shelve looks great. Too bad I couldn’t find one like that for the living room. I really love the one I found it fit my TV and center perfectly. My receiver is on the floor. I do like it there something different. No pets or kids so no worries. Do you have a home theater setup as well? Haha like I said I hardly use that lamp only at night when I’m listening to music.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
That shelve looks great. Too bad I couldn’t find one like that for the living room. I really love the one I found it fit my TV and center perfectly. My receiver is on the floor. I do like it there something different. No pets or kids so no worries. Do you have a home theater setup as well? Haha like I said I hardly use that lamp only at night when I’m listening to music.
I'm really not for HT. It's just not my love. Even though I have a projector but that one is very mischievously placed in my bedroom:
20200823_204738.jpg

I put myself to sleep with movies and series. But music I like stereo and I'm going for 2.1 system. Listening mostly to digital file with an addition of TT which is a souvenir.

This is something close to what gets me going:
1598209619958.png

Plus a sub, plus some better room acoustics, a chair in front... I ask nothing more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis