Enter to Win: Subwoofer from Axiom Audio

What is your number one consideration when shopping for loudspeakers?

• Great sound

Votes: 149 93.1%
  • Latest technology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color goes with the furniture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Able to audition them in my home

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Right size for the room

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loner

Loner

Audioholic Intern
Pure and simple.............the speakers MUST sound great!

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
Great Sound is first. Integration into the room decor is second as there is the WAF.

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
To me sound quality is paramount.....but.....my
better half has veto power on the cosmetics.
By the way Axiom has passed the "looks good" test.

S

sy527x

Audioholic Intern
Seems like a no-brainer. Great sound is the most important thing when choosing a speaker. Some speakers I've heard can cost upwards of $50,000 and look like something you see on Star Trek, but they sound great.

K

kmcolli

Audiophyte
Great Sound

Great sound is the most imporant to me followed by ascetics. To have great sound you must have the right sized speaker for the room.

A

adefelice

Audiophyte
Axiom contest

I voted for great sound. After all, if the speaker does not deliver the right acoustic signature than the looks, smell and feel of the speaker matters not. Location and the supporting cast are also very important.:eek:

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Poll

Another vote for sound quality. Speaker size, asthetics, and price are also important but they don't trump sound quality.

J

jmcmann

Audiophyte
Great sound is of course of paramount importance. Value though cannot be overlooked. Due to the little bits of reality interjected into life by my wife and child, if I can get 95% of the sound quality for 50% of the cash, that particular value quotient will win any day over absolute sound.

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
Sound, sound, then sound.

In-home audition is nice, but not ultimately the deciding factor.

What were the other choices?

~Josh

L

lrstevens421

Audiophyte
I gotta go with sound quality. Being a married man the cosmetics are a close second. But who cares how they look as long as they sound great, I happen to think the Axiom's are beautiful by the way, especially in the boston cherry finish.

Audiosouse

Audiosouse

Audioholic
Value

Since when is price not a consideration? Price is almost always the main factor, with all other criteria centering around what can be had for that price. GOOD VALUE or BANG FOR THE BUCK is my mantra.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
The most important factor in my speaker purchase is the sound quality. This is the main reason to purchase speakers in the first place. However, WAF, size, cost, and finish are also important factors in my buying decision.

maragocho

Audiophyte
Whp cares about looks.

I don't care how they look, what brand they are, what we're are looking for is the result right?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Best sound quality in my price range that will not ugly up my room.

SBF1

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
No question, it's the sound!

If the sound isn't right, then the other factors just don't matter! ;)

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
This is a free subwoofer just like $2000 "cash back" on a $20k car.
Yeah free if you spend a grand...

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
Great Sound

Great sound, because without it we would have to listen to the spouse complain.

E

Engine Joe

Junior Audioholic
Sound... it's all about the sound.

Everything else is secondary at best. Sure aesthetics matter, but if the sound ain't right, then it's all just pretty-looking wastes of space.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Unfair poll

I voted Great Sound... but really, that's just the entry level. If you don't have great sound, I'm not going to touch you.... but If you want the sale, you have to offer more.

1) Small Space / Attractive Boxes (if you don't sell my wife on the astectics then it's not going to happen)

2) Reasonable technology - While I don't look for speakers to push fancy LEDs, neon glow tubes, or anything else.. I am interested in Wireless technology for my rear speakers that doesn't conflict with my other wireless systems (phones, computer, etc) and still conveys the full quality (or 98.5%) of the music I'm playing.

3) Reasonable price - sorry, I live in californa... most of my paycheck is going to keep a roof over my head and gas in my car. If you can't sell me a system at a budget price ~$1000 - $1500 for 5.1, I'm never going to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis