Enter to Win: Subwoofer from Axiom Audio

What is your number one consideration when shopping for loudspeakers?

• Great sound

Votes: 149 93.1%
  • Latest technology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color goes with the furniture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Able to audition them in my home

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Right size for the room

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guavamanh

Junior Audioholic
purpose of buying the speakers would be to produce the sound... so i'm sure thats why over 90% of us are voting that way =) besides, the theatre of my dreams would be totally dark, so all you should see is the screen anyways (not the speakers ;)

R

resperc

Audiophyte
Yes I admit that there are other factors (price, size, etc)that I must consider when purchasing speakers, but sound is always the primary motivation for a purchase.

M

minnichs

Enthusiast
Sound is the number one factor for me but the wife has made aesthetics (fit in room) number one for her:D

P

Phillip Tran

Enthusiast
Size does matter!

I see many people choose sound quality of the speakers over size, but in reality size of the speaker does matter, at least to me where my room is small. I will choose right size and then find the best quality speakers that I can afford.

Good luck everyone,

Phillip

Canada North

Canada North

Audioholic Intern
Sound is Everthing!!!

:cool: If it wasn't for the sound, I would be entering the Bose Contest for those little cube speakers :p

T

trhoffman

Audiophyte
Great sound is really what it is all about when it comes right down to it. Now, the FWAF (Future wife approval factor) probably should be factoring in at this point, but since I can still get away with it... My speakers, my room, whatever I want. :D

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Great sound is #1, but a close second is bang for the buck. There are great speakers out there that are a ton of money, but there are also very good speakers out there that are very reasonably priced.

T

Tumara Baap

Enthusiast
Great sound would be the overwhelming pick at any audio savvy site. It is the second most important deciding factor that would be up for grabs. I'd think sleek looks is what matters to the typical spouse.
Given the lack of popularity of active speakers, I wonder how sincere folks out there are about great sound. I personally would never consider anything less than Mackie, Genelec, Dynaudio or PMC monitors for the primary audio system. At some subliminal level, even the "lifestyle" speaker haters are caving in to matters of style and presentation.
Tumara Baap

cgk

cgk

Junior Audioholic
Sound only.

How could anything but sound matter? However, I don't plan to upgrade without having a chance to listen to the new speakers in my house with my system!

M

mitch57

Audioholic
I also voted for great sound. Although appearance and size due play a roll ultimately it's how well it sounds that wins in the end.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Of course, the sound. The number one reason why Id buy any piece of audio equip.

mytzen

mytzen

Audioholic
Great sound is by far the most important, if you neighbors cant clearly hear your speakers then why have them?

rplotkin

Audiophyte
of course...

Of course great sound is the most important thing. That's why I'm trying to get an Axiom setup in my home theater (I recently got two QS8v2 surrounds, and I'm saving up for the big set!) So winning this would be the <i>best reward ever</i> (and yes, I suppose great sound is its own reward, too).

S

squire.10@osu.e

Audioholic Intern
I am a musician. Fidelity of sound is all I care about. Period.

T

TheBattler

Audiophyte
Sound is always going to be the most important consideration. But physical aspects of the speaker itself, are also very important. I can't put an 800 pound subwoofer and 300 pound Loudspeakers in my home theater. Since my home theater is not only my HT but my second living room as well (Shock, Gasp!). A pleasing facade is always going to catch my eye more than a critic's review. But if a system is blessed enough to be beautiful while managing the love and support of a fan base then that will be my next addition. And if I'm satisfied with the trial process and the little misses hasn't kicked me to the curb while looking at them then, I'll be pleased.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
sound

Sound sounds good to me. I could care less about looks:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis