Enter to Win: Subwoofer from Axiom Audio

What is your number one consideration when shopping for loudspeakers?

• Great sound

Votes: 149 93.1%
  • Latest technology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color goes with the furniture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Able to audition them in my home

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Right size for the room

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Axiom Audio wants your opinion!

Axiom Audio is offering a FREE subwoofer of equal value with the purchase of a 5.1 home theater system to one (1) lucky eligible forum member. So if you buy an Epic Midi with an EP125, you get a free EP125 - if you buy an Epic 80 with an EP600, you get a free EP600!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Respond to the poll above and explain your response below in this contest thread.

Note this contest ends on August 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I voted for great sound. After all, if a speaker doesn't deliver the acoustic goods, all the rest is just fluff.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I gotta go with great sound. Appearance is a consideration at some point as well.

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
Sound is always my first thing to check. I don't care how good it looks if it sounds bad.

J

jzac

Audioholic
Great sound it is! Is there any other reason really?! :) I can use this in my other room since I already have the EP-600....can't get enough of it!! :D

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
Sound....

Yeah, sound is #1.

Though it could be said that there are many great speakers that I would not consider due to aesthetics, size, or price.

N

naisphoo

Banned
great sound

After all we're in the business of listening right?

D

dllewel

Audiophyte
I voted for sound as well- makes sense it is the #1 answer so far. I could see how auditioning in the home is the same thing just better, after all it is the only way to really hear how the sound is in your own room.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sound is my first priority.. Of couse... But other factors include, looks, build, warranty, price, shipping costs. etc.

C

CooLJ92

Audioholic Intern
Great sound

I go with great sound. This is the main reason I purchased my current Axiom speakers. They sound astonishing. Very clear and crisp on whatever I hear. Only thing is I am in need of a sub from axiom to go with my M60's, VP150 and Q4's. Thanks Audioholics and Axiom.

jj

M

Mat_M

Audiophyte
Sound out-does all the other options in my opinion. It's no contest.

B

B5I8

Audioholic
The speakers can look like a ugly duckling but if they sound great, I'm keepin um.

D

DrunkenWolf

Enthusiast
An improvement on sound is definately important and the #1 thing I'd look to-but since I've recently gone through the experience of buying good speakers, asthetics definately played into my buying decision-as did the ability to afford the top speakers in the line, thus inhibiting upgraditis.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
It has to be great sound

Number 1 with a bullet-nothing else remotely close.:D

R

RMK!

Great Sound

While the other items are important, a speakers sound in your room is the main issue.

K

kgb540

Audioholic
Great sound is the main consideration of the loudpeaker. its why they exist!

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
The devil in the details is what constitutes "great sound." Some like it detailed and nuanced (e.g. planars, ribbons, electrostatics), and some like it with live dynamics (e.g. horns), or smooth and conventional (dynamic cones). While I'm sold on surround sound, there are die-hard 2-channelers out there. What you mean by "great sound," means what, exactly?...

Chris

A

Ajax

Audioholic
Well somebody voted "other" and hasn't explained (unless I missed it, of course). Naturally, I voted for great sound. The problem with a poll like this, is that, for me at least, speaker choice is a balancing act. While great sound is certainly the most important factor, other factors must be taken into consideration. For example, I want the best sound I can get for the money I have to spend. But, even if the speakers sound great, and are affordable, if I find them really ugly, I'll continue looking. The poll might be more meaningful if it had been possible to vote for all the choices in order of their importance, such as:

1. Great Sound (without this, nothing else matters)
2. Price (Money is tight for me, and I have to be able to afford the tariff)
3. Able to audition them in my own home (really helpful. Can't tell enough from an hour's audition in a store showroom)
4. Right size for the room (I wouldn't want speakers too small, but don't believe in "overkill" unless they're taller than my 8 foot ceilings. :eek: )
5. Color goes with the furniture (nice if I can get it, but not a major concern)
6. Latest Technology (the only reason this would matter is if the latest technology provided a noticeable increase in #1. If it doesn't, who cares)

I was tempted to put "Able to audition them in my own home" first, for how can I tell if they sound great if I don't have the opportunity to hear them. I'm certainly not going to take the recommendations of a bunch of Bozos on an internet forum! (OH WAIT! I'm one of those Bozos :eek: ) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis