Enter to Win: Subwoofer from Axiom Audio

What is your number one consideration when shopping for loudspeakers?

• Great sound

Votes: 149 93.1%
  • Latest technology

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color goes with the furniture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Able to audition them in my home

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Right size for the room

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nuke

Enthusiast
It's all about the sound. While the other items listed are nice, none of them would mean a hoot if it didn't sound good.

- Nuke

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
I am buying speakers for the sound

Sure they shouldn't be ugly. But I am buying speakers for the sound

J

juicelee

Audiophyte
Sound quality is key. That should be everyone's main reason for getting home theater speakers. Build quality is important as well (which somewhat affects aesthetics).

And yes, I was already looking at a set of axioms, so this would be a great deal for me. :)

drybo

drybo

Audioholic Intern
Sound

Sound of course, don't care if its as butt ugly as sisterinlaw and just as hairy, but it has to pound good.

C

chaos24

Audioholic Intern
looks are kind of important.....only to blend in to the background....but overrall sound is what does it for me....an accurate and user friendly speaker is all i care about:D...axioms is very known for great sound and build.....wish i could afford at least just one

jjchris

Audiophyte
Great sound, plus a little something extra...

It looks like most of us agree that great sound is the primary factor for considering a speaker. But, beyond great sound is the passion that drives us to desire such quality. That passion is what makes designers push the limits in style, quality and performance. That passion is what makes consumers appreciate the artistry and engineering that goes into a quality product. It's that passion that made me wait for years to purchase my Axiom 80-500... and now that I've had them for three weeks, I can honestly say they were worth every penny, every ounce of research, and every cross look I got from my wife. :D

To all the passionate employees of Axiom Audio- Bravo! And thank you for not disappointing!

BTW- Another EP500 would be really cool! ;)

Sincerely,

James Christie

D

Deines

Audiophyte
Great Sound is of course key, although sometimes it's hard to tell without being able to demo them in your room.

R

rozumek

Enthusiast
Sound #1

Sound is the most important factor when I select a loudspeaker. You want the speaker to reproduce the movie or music track as truly as it's possible.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
As almost all of the others have voted the sound quality is king. Whay would I have a pair of Kappas in my living room if a Bose AM5 system sounded as good. Well even if they did I would have a hard time parting with my hard earned money and giving it over to Bose.

JVC

JVC

Banned
Great sound has to be the main reason for me. Any speaker can make sound. But, only great speakers make great sound!
Appearance isn't as important to me, since mine(subwoofer) is pretty much out of sight anyway(not a lot of room).

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
Hi,

I have a relatively small HT 15 X 10 X 8' and use Totem speakers as a 6.1 setup with a pair of Axiom QS4s added in for film. My Totems are very revealing and go cleanly down to 40 which is where their crossed.

It is therefore even more important that my .1 is quick to blend both tempered and chest thumping effects when approriate as it transitions smoothly from my other speakers.

Peter M.

B

Blundaar

Audioholic
Great sound, of course- anybody who says otherwise is a fool. On the other hand, there's a large enough selection of quality subs out there to where we don't have to sacrafice other desirable qualities such as size or shape or finish.
...For all the people outside the "great sound" catagory, please see your nearest Bose outlet store.:D

T

thundergust

Audioholic Intern
Sound is the most important thing for me. Design lies in a distant second.

R

RoroCo

Enthusiast
Best sound at the right price... simple right?

Ugly will kill a sale though...

V

VicAjax

Audioholic Intern
i'm going to buck the trend and say the most important consideration for me is sound... doh!

appropriate size for the room is also a big one, but that's really just a subset of "great sound," ain't it?

V

vbguy01

Audiophyte
I went with best sound as well, although looks are a close second.

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
Is this a trick question? Great sound all the way!! Everything else is secondary. I would imagine that the latest tech simply follows from great sound...

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I am not sure (or rather not up to answering the question)
As I have entered tons of these contests (just about every one up till now), and have never won.

Where my friend majorloser (whom I brought to AH, has won at least 5-6 times)
And I started entering way before him.
(I am wondering if it (the contests) are rigged, or that the random drawing looks for particular names)

And usually I give IMO what are great replies. Even the one that wanted help with their website - I gave honest opinions.
However - I am done with that...

But so I can say I at least now will try 50%. I have at least entered the thread...

H

Hutzal

Audioholic Intern
Great sound. Seems like an obvious choice to me!

-Robb.

S

Shortsord

Audioholic Intern
Sound only. No question at all. I don't care if they are the ugliest blend puke green and Sony design, if they sound great, I'm happy. Auditioning is important too, but I'm willing to move around and don't have to audition directly in my home, as long as it's with my material on my own time. But for the speakers, nothing at all matters except the sound. Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis