Audiophyte
Gday

1) Banana plugs because they're really convenient
2) Color isn't really important because I hide 99% if my cables
3) Not really, just as long as it protects the copper from oxidation

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Q1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables?
A1. Banana

Q2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer?
A2. Not really. Gray.

Q3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?
A3. Not to me. Nope.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables?
2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer?
3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?​
1. I sometimes use banana plugs, and sometimes just bare wire. I prefer the bananas for the back of the receiver so I don't have any stray wires shorting anything out. It's always hard to plug in 10 to 14 bare wires on the back of one of those things cause it's always mostly in place and you are hanging upside down with a flashlight in the other hand. As for the speaker, if I am not swapping them in and out for testing, then bare wire does the trick pretty well. However, I am still searching for the perfect banana plug. I guess I mostly make my own speaker cables, but I have been thinking about buying some next time, as it is a pain the more I put the bananas on for friends...

2. Most of the time, I don't think about the color, but my wife sure does! I guess I like black TechFlex style sleeving, or maybe some black with a blue or red tracer to make it look cool. Of course, the last nice cable set I made I used beige TechFlex so it perfectly bended in with the carpet. My wife wanted me to "hide" the 10 gauge bi-wire, but it's too thick to hide, so the beige made in blend in VERY well.

3. Of course, I just mentioned TechFlex style sleeving is cool... It not only looks cool, but it makes the wires nice and slick so you can pull them through the cable nest pretty easy. Of course, for in wall runs or longer runs, the clear coated copper cable hides pretty nice and kind of blends in with most lighter colored carpet, so it may not be needed. *shrug*

Thanks for the contest!!

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
Speaker Interconnect

1. I like banana plugs over all other types.
2. I prefer a neutral color suchs as a gray.
3. I would like a cable that is strong, durable and flexible.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Contest Questions:

1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables? Spades, my speakers dont accpet banana plugs...

2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer? Don't really care, but id i had to chose id go with silver or black to match the components and speakers

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred? Anything sturdy that doesn't affect the sound of course.

J

jdrockafella

Audiophyte
1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables? Banana plugs

2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer? I've always like the see through jackets on my speaker wire. Not picky though.

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred? I've found lately that I've been running it in a wider variety of ways and durability is important. Also being able to match it to the same type of cable for rears is important....cl2 rated for in wall, durable enough to handle the crawlspace, etc.

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
Contest

1.Banana plugs. The kind with a tightening screw.

2.Black or grey please.

3.Vacume safe, oxidation free and flexable.

Thanks,
Don B.

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic

Locking bananas is the only choice.

Yes, appearance is key. Generally neutral, but if a color is introduced I like blue.

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?

Woven plastic outer jackets/ sleeve lend a sleek, finished look.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Questions:

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?
1) Bananas
2) Black
3) Thick, flexible & flavored so the cat doesn't like the taste!;)

SBF1

M

mbaylor

Junior Audioholic
Bananas
A nice neutral color is preferred like gray or black.
Not important as long as the cable is fairly flexible.

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
1. I prefer banana plugs
2. Color is not important
3. Flexibility and durability in the covering

J

jzac

Audioholic
Contest Questions:

Banana plugs..

Having a transparent look will be perfect... if there has to be a color then maybe off white or black.

Yes. Its gotta be flexible enough to bend at least at a 45 degree angle, and without any plastic obstructions on either end of the cables.

Last edited by a moderator:
KC23

KC23

Audioholic
1. Banana plugs.
2. Depends on the situation, but usually black or white.
3. Speaker cable jacket should be durable and flexible.

P

Puppetz

Audioholic Intern
I too prefer locking banana plugs.

The color of the jacket is only important to me for easily differentiating positive and negative. I don't care about the colors because I am very anal about concealing the wires.

I'm not picky, as long as it's flexible and not sticky (so that it doesn't hang up on anything when pulling under carpet or through the walls).

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Banana.

Is color important of the jacket important to you?
Yes.

What color do you prefer?
Metallic(refer to answer 3 for more info).

Yes, important(cosmetically). I do not care about feel. Specifically, I would like flat cables with wide braided metal or solid metal, with transparent jacket material. Refer to Nordost Valhalla speaker cables for my preferred cable 'look'.

-Chris

A

auujay

Audioholic Intern
Banana plugs

Not really but a choice is nice, I did end up getting a white sub cable so it would match my base board.

Not really.

Slats

Slats

Junior Audioholic
1. Banana

2. Don't really care but black is easyer to hide

3. They need to be in that middle ground where they are soft enough to route them without hassle and stiff enough to not feel flimsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis