Enter to Win: SonicWave Speaker Interconnects from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Impact Acoustics wants you to win!

Impact Acoustics is giving away three (3) SonicWave Speaker Interconnects valued up to $389 (You can choose three from any of the following lengths: 8, 10, 12 and 18ft) to two (2) eligible forum members.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Contest Questions:

1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables?

2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer?

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?​
Note this contest ends on November 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
1. Bananna plug

2. Nope

3. Nope

I not a "looks nice" kind of guy. I want it to work the way it is supposed too. For "speaker interconnects" (i.e. wire/cable) that means getting the signal from the receiver to the speakers without introducing or taking anything out!

M

Murrel

Audioholic Intern
1. I prefer Banana Plugs
2. Being color blind I do not have a preference but I am sure my wife would not want it to clash with any decor!!! But if I had my choice the only color I see well is yellow
3. I do not care as much about the feel or the look but I do like for the cable to be flexable and easy to work with.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
1. I enjoy using the banana plugs.
2. Color isn't a big deal to me. As long as it is a neutral color (i.e. gray or black)
3. Speaker cable jacket should be durable and flexible.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?
1. Banana.

2. No, but some funky flourescent color probably wouldn't appeal to me. Keep it simple.

3. I like the look and feel of a large, moulded outer jacket that offers a little more protection and cover for the wire pair, simply because my wires for my mains are exposed. Vacuum safe :)

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
1. I prefer banana plugs. The kind with a tightening screw (not the twist-ons)
2. Don't have a preference as to color. You don't see them anyway as they're on the back of the device/speaker. If i had to pick a preference color it'd be white or black.
3. Material isn't important. As long as the jacket has markings so it's very easy to tell positive from negative every couple inches, i'm happy.

A

Ashevar

Audiophyte
1.) Banana Plugs

2.) Function over form. If it does what it is supposed to do well, I do not care what it looks like.

3.) At least moderate flexibility, techflex is good for some added protection.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
1.) To agree with all - Banana Plugs
2.) Black or white - As it blends with most decor. Black is really nice behind racks and in with components, but if it comes off the wall, white is often excellent. Grey... well, go hang with the Extron guys if grey is the only thing you have. ;)
3.) Flexibility in all weather conditions is critical. As well is the ability to cleanly splice the cable. Nothing worse than cables that have a jacket that can't cleanly be pulled away and is really difficult to snake.

B

blowfish

Audiophyte
1. Banana plugs
2. Anything that doesn't stand out (no bright colors, white doesn't work well either.
3. Doesn't matter too much. The jacket material on very expensive cables looks cool, but doesn't usually serve much purpose. Anything that will last long works.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred?
Spade's Mostly. Bannanas are much more convenient but never seem to have a very tight connection.

No colors that are very obtrusive. Black, dark blue. etc are good

I dont like the look of any shine on the cable, Techflex or some sort of fabric covering would be nice. The fatter they are, the better :) The ones im using now is 4 conductor 8 gauge cable, as big as a hose. But I like it. Im using it as an internal bi-wire setup.

muttsinparadise

Audiophyte
1. Locking Banana plugs.

2. Yes, White for surrounds, black for fronts.

3. Yes, flexibility and fire / smoke retardant for surrounds. Durable for fronts - vacuum safe as has already been said , particularly with roomba.

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
1. What types of connectors do you prefer for speaker cables? bananas

2. Is color important of the jacket important to you? What color do you prefer? Yes if was paying over $50 per interconnect. I prefer black.

3. Is speaker cable jacket material important? Is a certain type of look and feel preferred? No it is not important. However, if the jacket looks to be something other than the typical plastic look then it may have a competitive advantage.

P

Pianoman84d

Audioholic

-Bannana Plugs

Color is not important

As unobtrusive as possible, but no specific material is important.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall

I prefer bananan plugs for ease of use.

While jacket color is not all that important to me, I like something that just looks good. It could be clear or charcoal.

A thicker jacket is nice, it looks beefier and offers some shielding. I really like a 'heavy duty' kind of look. As far as texture goes, I'm completely indifferent. I could care less if the jacket feels smooth or rough, or anywhere in between.

Jack

Matt34

Matt34

Another vote for Banana Plugs

Black preferably

No, as long as it's durable and flexible.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Glenee

Audiophyte
1. Banana Plugs
2. grayish/tan
3. medium flex, slick to touch, medium feel

V

Vart

Audioholic
1. Banana
2. Gray or Black