Enter to Win: SB12-Plus from SVS – Canadian Residents Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BC Dave

Audioholic Intern
monster sub placed behind TV

I have an old VMPS Original Subwoofer angled in a corner behind my TV and audio gear (also angled into the corner). I never thought my wife would let me bring this huge sub (like a 36 inch TV on its side) into the house, but in its current position she doesn't even seem to notice. Since the sub is passive I have a Rotel power amp bridged to 300 W standing on top of it. Good thing the sub sounds good where it is. She would scream blue murder if I moved this beast into a more obvious setting.

A

ancientpimp

Audiophyte
contest winner is me ;P

i currently have my psw404 in the corner of the adjacent dining room corner loaded, its surprising but the bass emanates into the living room and digs down and provides ample bass in all seating positions plus the wood floor acts like a butt kicker, shaking the couch and giving an extra oomph to the explosions....
but of course this SVS sub will definitely enhance my ht experience and i'll win cause i'm just 5 minutes from SonicBoomAudio location so they dont have to pay shipping cause i'll happily pick it up anytime, lol j/k:D
good luck to all!

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I've placed my sub in the right front corner about a foot out from each wall. This spot is the best compromise between size constraints and sound quality. I would really love to have two identical subs and set them up alongside my front speakers. Budget and room size are all that keeps that from happening ;) .

T

Tommy

Audiophyte
My Energy S12.3 is in the front corner about a foot each way from the wall. I am getting the best bass response there as opposed to beside my listening position where it was originally placed.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
You can see in the following picture where the PB-12 ISD is placed. There are some 19 inches between the back of the sub and the wall.

The placement was determined by the crawling method, that is, first putting the sub at my listening position (left seats in the picture) and crawling on all fours while listening to the sub's performance. The locations had to be on the right, because the left wall is too close to the sitting position, and it then became a choice between behind the seats on the right and where you see it now. And this final location gives us the feeling that low frequency notes are coming from the Front speakers.

J

jas ly

Enthusiast
My sub is to the left of my tv. The room area which I can have my HT is very thin and long. I think would be beter to have the sub on the other side of the tv (in a corner), but that would push the tv off center (it is a very cramped area). It sucks anyways (it is a polk) and my mains have nicer bass.

R

rabbit_ears

Audioholic Intern
sub location

my sub (Paradigm PS-10) is currently located in the front left corner of the room. it is hidden behind an entertainment unit that is angled into the corner. keeps the kids and dogs away from it, and keeps it hidden from site. in my upstairs living room i just built some built in cabinets on either side of a fireplace. i was just putting together a small inocuous bookshelf stereo set-up. i would like to make it 2.1 system but monitary constraints would not allow it, but if you want to give one to me i have a perfect place for it. near the front left corner of the room neatly tucked under the arm of the couch (8-10" from one wall and 1.5-2' from the other). i'll clear a spot for it tonight:)

R

rmcohen

Audiophyte
My sub is placed laterally from my TV, but on the far side of the room. The perfect place would be in a corner closer to my TV. The positions are not the same because of furniture.

Andreas

Andreas

Junior Audioholic
My Sub is in my imagination :-( ...Please help!!!!!

Having no sub has greatly effected my personal life.

I'm embarrassed to have friends over as they mock my no lower then 40hz frequency responses.

Women laugh snickering how being deeper does matter.

If I was to be honored with a new Sub, I would place it next to my T.V so that everyone could see it and would then be accepted among my peers.

Andreas

R

RJC

Junior Audioholic
My sub is placed beside the couch in the corner of the room directly underneath the right surround speaker. I'm no expert but the bass is not boomy in this location and it seems to integrate very well with the rest of the system. If I win this sub, can I get a credit towards a PB12 Ultra? Just kidding!

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
My sub is at the front of the room, smack in the middle between the right speaker and the wall, and about 9 or 10 inches from the front wall, facing forward. The bass sounds pretty good from that position, but I don't have a lot of options regarding sub placement due to furniture. It's a wee bit crowded around here! I can move it left and right about a foot or so, and it seems best right in the middle, so that's where I've left it. It seems to be the perfect placement bearing my restrictions in mind.

cheers,
supervij

SimonG

SimonG

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
Contest question: Tell us where you currently have your sub(s) placed in your room, and where you think the perfect placement would be. If those two locations aren’t the same, what are the reasons you can’t place the sub optimally? WAF? Furniture? Room size? Sub size? Etc.
I currently do not have a subwoofer, because my previous place of residence did not allow them; I chose my main speakers on the assumption that they would be used in a 5.0 channel setup (2.0 for music), though I'd always considered adding a subwoofer to round out system response in the future. It's impossible to say where the ideal location for a subwoofer would be in my case, not ever having had one in my living room, but I would most likely be forced to locate it along the front wall - to the right of my mains - in order to meet WAF criteria. Given the small size of my living room subwoofer size is also a key concern; something in the range of 1-1.5 cu. ft. is definitely ideal.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
SB 12 sub

I have my sub located at the opposite end of the room (length wise ) and on the same side as my left speaker looking towards the HT rig. Its located at the corner, about 6" away from either wall. This is the correct location for this room as I postioned the sub at the listening positioning and did thw room crawl and found it to be the strongest and most uniform in that location. Irt may have worked on the otherside of that shorlt wall but a doorway into the room is taking up that spot. My current sub is a PSB Subsonic5 and it performs very well but it just doesn't go as deep as I would like it to go. I want to feel as well as hear my sub. Its a 10" dual ported design and its -3db
point is at 32 Hz. I would love to have a sub that goes down to 20 Hz but I just can't afford anything in Canada that can play that low.

G

GaminGeer

Audiophyte
Currently my sub is right between the mains. My room is pretty cramped for space, so the front is the only place I can really put the sub. My old sub was on the right side of the room, but the new one is quite a bit bigger and doesn't fit in this location. I would say the front is probably the second best place for the sub, the old spot being the best.

Sedna

Audiophyte
Well right now my Sub is placed about 3 feet infront of my main sitting area and to the left a little. I need to have it as close to me as possible in order to hear it because it is the quietest thing I've ever heard and is permanently on bust. I wish it was possible to put it in the front of the room next to my mains but if I do that I cannot hear it unless it's the only speaker hooked up.

bbrc

Audiophyte
My sub is in my sitting position i sit in the front corner between
my speaker and the wall good for music bad for movies:D

Just kiding trying to find the best pace for it.

grogan86

Audiophyte
Subwoofer

I don't have one yet. Due to my room size, I am obliged to put it between my two loudspeakers next to my TV. I don't have a WAF yet but she'll must agree with my audio setup :p:p

Patrick Grogan

Daniel Jaack

Audiophyte
Tabarn...

I don't have a sub yet. I'm waiting to save up the money. Each week my mom gives me one dollar!! I also work in a chinese restaurant. I have already 300$ in my count. If i win this sub i will look for a new surround system and AV reciever. I have the perfect place for this sub in my room. Due to my room size, i'm oblige to sqeeze it in the left corner of the room. The bass is like honey for my ears. And bears love honey! ;)

M

macourteau

Audiophyte
I don't have a sub as of now, but the perfect place would be in a corner that's "open" to the rest of the room, and I have just that perfect spot right now :)

WAF, furniture, room size and sub size are not problems, sound is what's most important here... hehe

Marc-Antoine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis