Enter to Win: SB12-Plus from SVS – Canadian Residents Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DocS

Audiophyte
Unfortunately, I have no sub at the moment but am currently shopping for one. My placement options will be a bit limited, since my equipment is in a corner, and there's no room beside or behind the couch. That means the sub will have to go along one of the walls, probably on the left side (the wall opposite the listening position) outside the left speaker.

I

Intradio

Audiophyte
Small satellite sub

My 2 subs are located beside my floorstanding mains along the front wall, about 4 ft from the corners of the room. Response is not great but not bad either. I chop off the peaks with a Behringer.

I would luv to have a small sub such as the SB12 to pair with the surround back speakers. I think it would be very interesting with DTS to tell my amp the surround back speakers are "large" and have the SB12 handle the low end.

Since my movie room is multi-use, there is no way I could clutter up the back wall with a large sub, but I think I could get away with a small one such as the SB12.

Cheers
Intradio

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
My sub is between my TV and front right speaker. Ideally, it sounds best to me in a corner but I don't have a corner in my living room, walls are all angled.

Good luck to everyone winning the sub!

JC

C

chrispy35

Audiophyte
My sub is in an obtuse-angled corner to the left of my left main speaker. I can't say there's anywhere else I want to put it because I haven't had time to try anywhere else.

Chris P.

J

johnno1

Audiophyte
2nd SW could rock!

How do all. I currently integrate a KEF PSW2000 sub woofer placed in the right front corner of my living room about 2" from the walls. The PSW2000 fires downward and distrubutes the lower frequencies quite nicely about my living room. However I could use another subwoofer like the SB12-Plus for bass reinforcement of the rear listening areas of my 5.1 surround sound setup and the combination could sound awesome. Thanks for the opportunity to enter. Good luck to all.:D

3M 3TI8

3M 3TI8

Audiophyte

My sub is also about 3 feet out from one wall and 8" from the other, basically perpendicular to the right front speaker. It rumbles pretty good and I can feel the lower frequencies from here. Unfortunately this also puts it beside the fireplace (not close enough to do any damage!) which is usually the focal point of most rooms. Until I can get a bigger TV :D
The only other spot I have yet to try is in the right rear beside the speaker, where the sub could be hidden behind a massive leather recliner. I'm a little concerned about sound absorption and the boss hasn't complained. Actually, she is very accepting of equipment placement.

Last edited by a moderator:
crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
I think the best location for a sub is in a corner, and that is where mine is. Mine is a little on the large side (13 cu. ft. made by yours truely:eek: ) so winning a new one that is smaller would be good for the WAF:D .

G

gblack

Audiophyte
My PS-10 Mirage sub is placed to the right of my right front speaker. I just moved to a new house with a larger room and now I find that this sub just can't cope with the room size - and there are some big dips in the frequency response I get with it - a big room node! I've looked into two subs and have a descrete location I could add a second and that has approval by congress (aka WAF!). But have not yet looked into buying a second for budgetary reasons.

P

Plasmali

Audiophyte
I too do not have a sub yet, but I will likely place it either in the front right corner near the wall or behind the couch rear right.

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
Here's a pic of where my Athena AS-P4000 is right now:

I'd LIKE to have the sub placed a couple of feet in front of the DVD shelves (closer to the center of the room) but the WAF would most definately not approve. Right now the Athena is 3ft away from the side of our 2nd couch. While you end up with some interesting 'tactile feedback' when you're sitting on that couch, the rest of the room suffers from large dead spots :(.

lawton70

Audiophyte
My HT/stereo setup is a mess for an audiophile. I have my living room open to my dining room. The TV is in a stand in the corner, and the stand is at an angle so the tv can be viewed from both rooms. The front speakers are bookshelves on a shelf above the TV. The center is on a shelf below the tv. The sub is on the left of the tv, in the corner that has been made between the stand and the wall. The rears are on 5 foot high stands, one at the back of the living room and the other somewhat in the dining room pointing into the living room. The layout is the best it can be with the layout, windows, doors, open area, and SAF.
As for sound, the bass works very well in the living room but the dining room doesn't get much. I've always considered to put another sub in the dining room to help get some bass in there.
later,

C

CSEmoses

Audiophyte
Contest question answer.

Contest question: Tell us where you currently have your sub(s) placed in your room, and where you think the perfect placement would be. If those two locations aren’t the same, what are the reasons you can’t place the sub optimally? WAF? Furniture? Room size? Sub size? Etc.

Well, my sub (tiny yamaha 6") is currently located in the corner, behind my TV / AV shelf / main speakers.

I do beleive this is the perfect placement, though I havent had a real chance to spend the time with the SPL meter and AVIA and find out wether it is or not.

I also beleive that it is placed there for WAF ;)

Thanks for this opportunity!

J

JDawg

Junior Audioholic
I have my sub placed a few inches away from the corner next to my main front speaker. I've tried placing it at different positions along the wall but the bass didn't sound as good so I think the corner is the best place for it.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I've found out that corner placement works best for me. It also keeps the floor area clear and the sub safe from the kids play area:). This sub is perfect for me and my situation. I've also heard it and want it BADDD!!:D

PS: One last thing, good luck to all you Canucks;). This sub is beautiful:) !!

Last edited:
A

AminCan

Audiophyte
SVS I need you

My Klipsch sub is located in the left front corner of my viewing area. I have it under my Klipsch Quartet front left speaker. This is due to the small room size of our townhouse. It's a bit cramped but love conquers all.

W

Whit

Audiophyte
Sub

Je n'ai présentement pas de subwoofer pour deux raisons très simple : j'habite maintenent en appartement et mes voisins sont plutot capricieux... La taille de mon salon limite beaucoup l'emplacement du sub. Cependant, lors de l'achat de ma maison je compte le plus possible mettre l'emphase sur l'agencement de tout le systeme. Idéalement, il y aurait un sub situé entre le téléviseur et une des colones principales et un autre situé a l'arrière de la pièce. J'avais cette configuration il y a quelque années et j'appréciais bien le rendement.

Whit.

J

James02

Enthusiast
My sub is placed in the left front corner of the room but this is not the best. Several doorways, the television and front speakers prevent the sub from being placed at the front. It does sound good but not if used on 2 channel listening, the front position would be better for that.

A

Armbender

Enthusiast
My sub is currently placed in the main corner of my room facing the side of my listening position on the couce. It works perfect not being able to pin point the location and cosmetically speaking the wife loves it as she cant see it

B

burntaegis

Audiophyte
Sub Placement

My sub is currently on top of the armoire that holds my TV. Definitely not optimal. It is only there because it is close to power and the receiver and because my wife would complain if it were anywhere else in the room

Thucydes

Thucydes

Audiophyte
I currently have my pb12/plus 2 in the front right corner. I tried absolutely every single location and plotted frequency response charts and this was the best spot without any room treatments.

I am building a new house and will be doing a dedicated theater room, so I guess time will tell where I will place it there.

For my upstairs HT, placement is pretty much entirely looks and WAF dictated, so an sb12-plus would really come in handy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis