Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joel47

Enthusiast
Onix Ref 0.5 x2 for mains, Rocket RSC200 center (all "Monitor" type, I guess). I think $700/pair would be sufficient for good quality mains.

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?[/I

My mains are Monitors. I think for just under $1K there are HT setups many would be happy with.

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?

I have JBL Studio Monitors.

I am looking for new speakers right now and seem to be looking in the $2000 price area for just the fronts.

W

WeAreSurrounded

Audioholic
My mains are floor standing monitors: Paradigm Monitor 9s v.2
Would like to upgrade to Paradigm Reference Studio 100s (probably under $3K), but really dreaming about Paradigm Signature series.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Currently, I am using floor-standers as my front left and right speakers. More specifically, I am using the Infinity Primus 360's which offer great bang for the buck. However, if I were to upgrade my current speakers I would exspect to spend at least $400-$600 for the front left and right speakers alone. Furthermore, a center-channel speaker and a set of rear surrounds would also add additional costs. In other words, for a complete 5.1 set-up I would expect to spend at least $1000 to have better than what I do now. Keep in mind that this price does not include the cost of a powered subwoofer.:) :)

V

Vanhoecke

Junior Audioholic
Contest Entry

Contest Question: What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.?

Current 5.1 in my family room uses Bose cubes on wall. High SAF, not real HT quality.:cool:

If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?
The HT I'm currently building in the basement is spec'd out for a 7.1 Axiom 80-600 system so I guess the answer is about $4800.:p

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
Contest Question: What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?

My mains are monitors. I'd love to try planar speakers, but WAF would be low, so I think horns are a reasonable possibility that I've been curious to experiment with.

I haven't priced horn speakers, but I would expect ~$2k should get me an acceptable quality of speaker.

P

Parrothead

Audiophyte

DCM time frames

Floor standing

500 each

U

upyourkilt

Enthusiast
contest

My fronts are polk rt800 floor standing. I think $1200.00 is a good price .

W

wingzz

Audiophyte
My mains are AR970 Boston monitors

When I do up grade speakers my budjet will be around $2000

S

slearn

Audiophyte
I have Jamo 707i's for my left and right. I've already decided to replace these with Axiom M80, so the price is ~$1,500 CDN. This will be in the Epic 80 500 package. The Jamo's are great for 2 channel listening so their not going anywhere.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
My mains are JBL Studio 312 floorstanders. I've already tested them against 2 grand per pair monitors and preferred the JBL's. From my auditioning, it looks like I must spend a minimum of $4,000 to find a more desirable sound (as in Sonus Faber or Vienna Acoustics).

jlcct

jlcct

Junior Audioholic
I currently run M80's for the front. They are fairly new and I have barely gotten to use them. I am in the process of moving so once I've nailed down the rest of the living situation I will decide what room to put them in and what rooms need's what for speakers. I know I'm keeping them but my decision for more speakers will depend strictly on the environmental variables.

R

Ryan8886

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Rives is giving away three (3) Rives Audio Test CD 2 this month in our dedicated forum contest.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the questions in this contest thread:

Note this contest ends on January 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
I have Athena AS-F2.2 floorstanders. These were a recent upgrade, so i can't see anything in the near future. Were I to upgrade in the future for two-channel listening, I probably would not go much above $800 a pair, simply due to budget and space considerations.

Last edited by a moderator:
supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
My mains are monitors, and to get acceptable quality, I'd guess I'd have to spend around a thousand (American) bucks were I to upgrade. (Although that price includes the haggling!)

cheers,
supervij

dpnaugle

dpnaugle

Junior Audioholic
What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?

Main: Paradigm Studio 60 v.I would expect to spend $1799 +tax on new mains.

DN

M

mjhamre

Audioholic Intern
I have Ascend monitors right now, thinking of putting a front projector 7.1 system later in the year, hoping to keep the speaker part in the 5K range for all (including sub) but if I listen and it is 2K so much the better...

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis