Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Rives is giving away three (3) Rives Audio Test CD 2 this month in our dedicated forum contest.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the questions in this contest thread:

Contest Question: What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?

Note this contest ends on January 31st 2007. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Svenhook

Audioholic
What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?

I have JBL Floorspeakers. For me, being the age I am and the quality of room I will be in for the next several years, not too much. Though I've thought about upgrading to like $800 a pair speakers

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Main speakers

My current mains are the Onix Refrence 1 bookshelf/monitor speakers. If I had room and money to upgrade or add a seperate 2 channel system, I would consider floorstanders in the >$1k price range including the Onix Strata Minis.

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
Monitors (Acoustic Research AR9)

$1200-1800 pair.

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I'm running Monitor Audio S8 floorstanders. I am looking to spend about ~$3000 to upgrade to a better pair of front speakers.

S

sandtrap

Junior Audioholic
I have JBL Monitors (by marriage).

To replace them I would want a significant upgrade in bookshelf speakers. Maybe in the $1000 - $1500 range.

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
My L/R mains are Axiom M80 floor-standers.
To upgrade/replace these I would expect to spend $3K.

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?

I have infinity primus 360's and i would have to spend probably 5000 dollars for speakers.

ndsh

ndsh

Enthusiast
Main Speakers

I'm running Axiom m22s at the front. I wouldn't replace them unless I had to get rid of the sub. In that case I'd go with floor standers and I'd be happy with Axiom m60s at C$970 a pair.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Def Tech BP2002 for my left and right - CRL 2002 for my center.

around $1,000 a speaker.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Currently I'm using monitor type speakers on a stand. (see sig for specifics).

My next upgrade will probably be fairly substantial, at for me. The speakers I'm currently considering list just under $5k for the front pair.

Jack

P

project86

Audioholic
I currently have Paradigm Titan monitors. I also have some rather cheap Sonance in ceiling speakers that were already installed when I moved in.

As for upgrades, I think I could get acceptable (for me) performance for under $1000. I certainly would enjoy spending more, but I could be very satisfied at that range.

F

f0am

Audioholic

Floor standing B&w's.
500 a speaker im compfortable with.

D

Dizastical

Audioholic Intern
My mains are Paradigm Monitor 7 Version 4.0. If I was to buy a new set of mains I would seriously look into the Paradigm Reference Studio 100 Towers. I would plan on a budget of around $3000 for a pair of mains.

Dave

H

Hans

Audioholic Intern
My main speakers are a pair of Paradigm Studio 100.
If I were to replace them, I would stay in the same price range, maybe a bit higher, so I'd say 2500$-3500$.
Very important for me to get the right ones, cause speakers last longer than any component in my system.

J

jzac

Audioholic
My main's are Axiom's M80s with the EP600 sub. I wouldn't replace these, but if I were to have a 2nd system (most likely) in the house for 2-channel listening I would consider a pair of Paradigms or Thiels for the fronts and spending between 3-5K.

cheers!

K

kono144

Junior Audioholic
Contest Question: What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker?

Main speaker - Tower monitor
If was shopping for new speakers, I would spend about $4000 to $6000.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Contest Question: What type of speakers are your mains (left and right channel)? Monitor, Planar, Horn, In/on wall, etc.? If you were to shop for new main speakers (for either a two channel or home theater setup) what would you think you'd have to spend to get an acceptable quality of speaker

Currently My mains are the 2watt TV speakers. My TV is a toshiba 27" CRT (manufactured 4/2001). I am currently researching for speakers that I plan on buying later this year. I wish to spend less than $1000 on the speakers/system.

My current budget:
Reciever - $300
Sub - $300
Speakers (5 surround) - $400

I will try to cut down the receiver/sub portion to spend more on the speakers... but we will see.

R

rr2465

Junior Audioholic
Anwers

I have bookshelf Paradigm Titans as my mains. I'm not sure that I want an upgrade to the mains just yet, but if I were I would expect to spend around $800 USD for the pair.

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic

i have infinity alpha 40s as my main speakers they are bookshelf speakers with 6.5 woofer and 1" dome tweeter
i would think i would have to spend at least 300$ to get good sound if i were to buy new speakers for my mains

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis