Enter to Win: PureLink $299 Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SPAZZ2500

Enthusiast
DVI fiber optic

1) Wow that is very expensive but I guess I am cheap. LOL.

2) I currently have a SHAP LCD 32 inch wide screen hooked up via component cables via my HDPVR. It looks very nice but I guess the fiver optic will look nicer?

K

kearaboss

Enthusiast
1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

I have seen them before. Kind of pricey, but would be nice to have the protection from emi/rfi

2. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit

the audit really helped i just need to get some digital components

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
1. I knew digital over optical was possible, but was not very tight with the options and pricing that was current. $299 for 10 feet sounds a bit more than getting a near top of the line HDMI cable from BlueJeans - but when we are talking tough retro jobs or longer runs where HDMI/DVI won't even work that price is a bargain for sure! I think digital optical for HD transmission will hopefully take off. Keeping my fingers crossed.

2. Confused? Not at all! Lacking deep pockets? Yep, you better believe it. ;)

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
1. No I did not know it was available starting at $299. Definitely expensive, but not pricey in my opinion. I beleive the real benefit comes at longer lengths that eliminate copper as an option.

2. Not confused. Will be upgrading soon. Currently I have a 1080i, CRT with only component output and a receiver with 2 component inputs/one output.

bwood

bwood

Enthusiast
Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit

I havent heard of that, fiber optics sounds really high tech and bleeding edge

i guess i am confused because i dont even know all the options

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
1. I had no idea that I could spend $300 for a 10-foot cable that transmits precisely the same digital data, bit for bit, as a $10 one.

2. I'm not confused at all :)

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
Nope. But I know that a fiber cable cost $30-$40/3meters. So really we're paying $100-$200 for the ends.

2. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit.
Nope. Not really confused. I am concerned though about spending alot of money on something that will be unusable in 3-6 months. ie: DVI, and the unsettled HDMI formats.

Reorx

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

-Connecting my HDTV to what? I have a sony xbr57 HDTV ready TV, I dont think it supports HDMI cable inputs though...299 for a 10ft run seems like alot but since we are talking about fiber optics, I guess it makes an exception.

Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit

Nah not confused at all. And the stuff im not sure of I know I can get help from Audioholics.com:D

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
[*]Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

Actually I had thought it was more.
So it might be a consideration for me.
But IMO it is still a little pricey.

[*]Confused about how to go digital?

No, not really. I am a fairly competent person.

A

AbdullahHaydar

Audiophyte
answers

1. No, I did not know that because I am new to digital devices

2. My system is all still analog, so I'm hoping to win the contest to begin my collection of digital devices

mlbillow

mlbillow

Audioholic Intern
I did not know it could be done for $299, but it looks like a nice product. I am not so confused....just short on money at the moment.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I didn't even know that HDTV could be connected via fiber optics.

2. Confused about how to go digital?
Yep, currently I'm using a non-digital TV, though that's budgeted to change in March.

Tell us what you've got in your system
TV - RCA F36715 (36" tubed TV going bye-bye in mid March)
DVD - Pioneer DV578a (waiting for new formats to settle before upgrading)
Reciever - Denon 2805
Speakers - M&K

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis