Enter to Win: PureLink $299 Self Powered DVI Fiber Optic System

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

No, I don't even know the difference b/w connecting with fiber optics and copper cables. What would the advantages be?

Confused about how to go digital?

I have comcast cable with a DVI output and a Westinghouse LCD with 2 DVI inputs. I have a Pioneer 912K receiver with several digital hookups - optical, coaxial, etc., that I have no idea what to do with.

Thanks for the contest.

F

Fratt70

Enthusiast
Didn't know the price, can you tell the difference for that price?

I have Direct TV satelite dish and the rest of my equipment is listed in my signature

muncybob

muncybob

Audioholic
I would like to see the difference between copper and these cables...seeing is believing!

W

wuttuptae

Audiophyte
Tom Andry said:
  1. Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
  2. Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
1. No, I did not know that.
2. No, not really. Seems pretty straight-forward.

B

Brucest

Audiophyte
Rely to Contest question

I did not know I could so hook up and would be interested in an objective presentation as to the advantages of doing so.

H

hdtvguy

Audiophyte
1.Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?

Answer: No, The copper cables are expensive for 10 feet are expensive. Just want to the know the difference in quality of the picture from copper to fiber optics.

2 Confused about how to go digital?

Answer: No, I currently run a 6 feet copper DVI-HDMI signal to my digital satellite to my plasma TV display, for $39.99.

gixxerific

gixxerific

Audioholic
$300 that's a huge heap of change for cables but if they do there job and do it well thanit would be worth it.

I pretty much already know how to hook anything up though it may take a few tries to get it right.

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
1. no i didn't know that. 2. I don't have any digital capabilities yet. Hopefully soon i get a new tv and reciever and then can always use some help.

R

riceaterslc

Audioholic
1)like others i had no idea you could use fiber optics
2)not so much confused about how to go, but moreso about what to use.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
Yes, I did know that.
Yes, I am confused. Wuith all the formats and all the obsolesence issues, I prefer to sit on the sidelines for a bit.

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
Did you know that the cost of connecting your HDTV via fiber optics instead of copper cables starts at just $299 for a 10 foot run?
No, I did not know that.

Confused about how to go digital? Tell us what you've got in your system; we'll tell you how to hook it up with our PureLink's Free Digital Connectivity Audit
I've signed up for the audit and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
1. Wow. That's ridiculously expensive. Good thing I don't have such a nice TV right now.
2. When I get something worthy of $300 worth of connectivity, I'll seek out your help (if I don't have too much pride).

kia303

kia303

Junior Audioholic
Was not aware of the price and I signed up for your connectivity audit and it was an eye opener for me.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Nope. Was not aware of a fiber optic solution for DVI.
I have two digital tv's with DVI in so I could definitely use it ;)

M

mitsguy

Audiophyte
Yes. I am new to digital video. I do own equipment with DVI and HDMI I/O. I sure would like to win the contest.

king_rebar

king_rebar

Audiophyte
Fiber optic cable

I was not aware before recently purchasing a new plasma and some components. It seems somewhat expensive to me but if it is vastly superior to copper I'd be willing to try it. Perhaos I'll even win one! :)

M

MrMezz

Enthusiast

Didn't know but sounds pretty expensive. Not sure of the benefit.
I would be interested in learning more

T

treetownal

Audioholic Intern
No I didn't even know there were fiber optic video cables.

yes I am slightly confused because the technology appears to be in flux, and my primary TV doesn't accept DVI or HDMI, although the bedroom monitor is attached via HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis