Enter to Win: Onix X-sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

einsteinjb

Audioholic
I'd like to see a relatively inexpensive (like street price $1600 or less) but high quality 7.1 pre/pro with all your standard bells & whistles, that's as intuitive and easy to use as an Onkyo receiver, with a SIMPLE remote (i.e. not that LCD CHAD thing that adds hundreds of $ to the cost but depends on the LCD screen so you can't work it by touch), both RCA and balanced XLR outputs, with bass management that allows the user to select separate crossover frequencies for each speaker or speaker pair. Loads of us have full-range mains so we'd like to set those for say 60 Hz, but smaller center and surrounds that would do better at 80 or 100 Hz.

Having a really high quality, flexible onboard per-channel EQ would be nice too. At least the simple set-frequency 5-band the Onkyo TX-SR702 has, but better, a semi- or fully parametric EQ, maybe 4-8 bands, would rock the house. Hell, build in the functionality of something like the Behringer DEQ2496 (only with better than Behringer quality), with multiple fully parametric bands of EQ, real-time on-screen RTA with reference mic...

Am I just dreaming my typical sound engineer dreams now? :D

A

allengarman

Audioholic Intern
Full Range Outdoor Speakers or Outdoor Sub

Small Outdoor Sub
or
Full Range Outdoor Speakers (3-way)

The outdoor speakers currently on the market are seriously lacking in the lower frequencies. The majority of my music listening is done in my screened porch. My tastes are spoiled by my 5.1 high-end system (Sapphire Audio) indoors, so the lack of low-end frequency response is painfully absent in my Advent outdoor speakers.

I have looked for an inexpensive subwoofer to supplement the outdoor speakers, but have not found anything on the market. It would be ideal to make a low priced, small sub that could be added to existing systems. I believe that this type of product may have wide market appeal. Alternatively, a small speaker that is able to reproduce the lower frequencies would be nice. I am certainly open to replacing my current pair of speakers for something superior. Consider me your first customer.

Most of my listening is done at low to moderate volume, so the speakers should sound good at low volumes.

Try listening to Bob Marley's "Legend" CD on a nice pair of indoor speakers with good low-end frequency response. And then step outside and listen to the same CD on a typical pair of outdoor speakers. The difference is like night and day. The outdoor speakers will sound anemic. Next try some Jimmy Buffet and John Coltrane. The deficiencies of the outdoor speakers become more and more apparent.

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
An extension of the X-series line, 5 identical speakers + sub, take it one step up from the current offering.

Target should be the Axiom M22 or Ascend CBM-170, the sub should go toe to toe with a SVS PB10-ISD. Should be considered "close enough" at a slightly lower price point.

As always, better and more data on all offerings - FR, decay, off-axis, etc etc etc - done by reputable third parties.

Focused on PERFORMANCE, not appearance.

~Josh

D

Dank

Audioholic Intern
Ipod device

I think you should make an Ipod device. They are in demand and someone needs to make an affordable quality product.

rumonkey2

rumonkey2

Junior Audioholic
Wireless Solution

I would love to see a solution to wireless surrounds. Not some type of powered speaker, but some sort of wireless amp/processor for surrounds, that could be used with most any speaker & AV receiver. Most budget/entry HTs are used in some form of "general living" area put in existing spaces. The WAF makes it complicated to cut/drill into walls, snake wiring, hiding it in general. And in such cases as apartment living, you have limited options for hiding wire. Often times these systems are later moved - whether it be into a new living situation or as upgrades can be afforded. Ideally this product would be for the budget/entry level/non dedicated HT room.

And I am still waiting for the grill option for the x-ls & the arrival of the center!!

And an entry level x receiver would be nice!!

P

PAULFESS

Audiophyte
Onix X-Sub

2 channel Receiver solution. Audiophile grade amplification say 200 WPC, built in, High grade DAC, Anti jitter, and variable upsampling with ranges say 44.1 to 512, XM radio support, Ability to stream audio from NAS storage, internet radio, of course support for phono. Icing on the cake would be two pre amp modes tube preamp and SS preamp.:cool:

Highgear

Highgear

Audioholic Intern
I would like to see a low profile sub that can be placed under a couch. I know this would present a real design challenge but could be a very marketable product to someone with limited space. The "seat of the pants feel" during explosions would be a plus too.

Tom Andry said:
AV123 wants your opinion!

AV123 is giveing away an Onix X-sub to one (1) lucky forum member that answers the question in the forum below.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) and post your answer to the question below in this forum:

Contest Question: What product/type of product would you like AV123 to bring to the market next and why? (Please limit your responses to speakers and electronics)

[Click here for more information on the Onix X-sub]

Note this contest ends on April 30th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlrepp

Enthusiast
onix sub contest

decent affordable phono pre amp to hook up to my computer

R

RMK!

Supersub

How about a subwoofer with the technology, accuracy and musicality of the Velo DD series and the sheer output and low extension of the big SVS subs for under $3K. Let me know when you get that one done and I'll place my order.;)

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
RMK! said:
How about a subwoofer with the technology, accuracy and musicality of the Velo DD series and the sheer output and low extension of the big SVS subs for under $3K. Let me know when you get that one done and I'll place my order.;)
It should also make you a drink before the movie ... :D

M

Mesh

Enthusiast
What product/type of product would you like AV123 to bring to the market next and why? (Please limit your responses to speakers and electronics)

How about a portable media player with:
- support for HD-DVD+Blu-Ray+DVD+CD, including all variants of these such as vcd and etc)
- widescreen 16x9 oled screen with native 1080p resolution
- battery life of 4 hours+
- light enough to be considered in the 'ultra-portable' laptop class
- decent boot/play times for a media player appliance, almost real-time response like a dvd player as opposed to the disguised P4 1+minute of upcoming hd-dvd players.
- support external input (hd tv stb/ps3/etc)
- have dvi/hdmi functionality but keep component along for legacy purposes
- available at least in all black with maybe a couple blue leds for status functions

I know i ask for a lot, but the technology exists, use it! :D

M

MrPorterhouse

Audioholic Intern
An A/V Receiver with a nice amp section(maybe 120-150 Watts x 7) and the processing power to decode the new DD+, Dolby True HD, and DTS-HD, all with HDMI switching for 3 in 1 out.

R

randymoe

Enthusiast
more design choices

I would like to see some more variety in design choices. (speakers)

S

skriefal

Enthusiast
A few that I'd be likely to buy or recommend:

1) An X-series product comparable to (or better than would be good too!) the former Rocket Tykes -- mini 5.1 set, great for bedrooms, etc
2) A nice, powered 2.0 set of computer speakers (something to replace the Swans M200s that AV123 used to sell)
3) 720P DLP projector (this one is probably a bit of an unlikely choice; but hey... doesn't hurt to ask!)

E

eb1

Audiophyte
A speaker array with an integrated amp(s) + a/v pre; my a/v area is small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis