Enter to Win: Headphones from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
I prefer in-ear, simply for the portability and audio quality. I do a lot of airline travel, and the noise isolation is totally worth the slight amount of discomfort.

H

hooraysimpsons

Audiophyte
Over the ear noise cancelling. A lot of places where I would casually listen to music, there is a lot of ambient noise. The capability of over the ear headphones with noise cancelling to eliminate the extraneous noises allows me to listen at a lower volume which is safer for my future hearing and allows me to hear the nuances of the music I am listening to.

J

jairus

Audiophyte

Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why?
  • In Ear
  • In Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Over Ear Open
  • Over Ear Enclosed
  • Over Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Studio Monitor (over ear)

Have fun and good luck!

In ear, they seem to be most versatile. I listen mostly to podcasts/audiobooks and those would work best for me.

S

StphNieuw

Enthusiast
I prefer the Over Ear Noise Cancelling headphones as they stay in place and are more comfortable for me.

-Stephan

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Over ear used to be my preference, but my current headphones are in-ears and I love them to death.

In ear noise canceling.

P

project86

Audioholic
Like many others here, I prefer over the ear open for home use and in ear monitors for portable use.

G

Gusgt

Audiophyte
I prefer In Ear-Noise Canceling headphones. The portability aspects work for me when I'm on the go or working outside.

Deadeye

Deadeye

Audioholic Intern
I prefer Studio Monitor phones. If I'm going to listen to phones I want to be in my own world. Complete isolation does that!

C

chgo36

Audioholic Intern
need some buds

It depends on the situation...when working out I like in-ears....when on a plane or serious listening i like the over ears

Senior Audioholic
Over Ear Open types because of the light weight and ability to hear background noises.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I prefer over the ear enclosed headphones for their long term comfort, external noise attenuation, and usually larger drivers for a more accurate sound. Noise cancellling headphones have too much white noise in the background, especially on quiet passages.

R

RequiemX

Enthusiast
I prefer the in-ears that block sound (like Etymotic makes).

I don't like the in-ears with the noise-canceling electronics.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
For listening at home, I prefer over ear enclosed, since I find them comfortable.

But for travel (airplane), I'd love to have some in-ear noise canceling, because they are more compact.

Y

younguntwo

Audiophyte
I prefer over the ear headphones for serious listening. There are some situations in which I might wish for noise-cancelling.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
No contest, Over Ear Noise Cancelling. These are what I grew up with and are the only true headphones. I enjoy these more than any other type.

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
I prefer over my ears they are more comfortable, they seam to be more accurate musically and better bass usually for though`s long music cessions at night while my loved ones are reading, watching TV or sleeping and hay they make me look like a DJ too

G

godan

Audioholic Intern
over ear open - I dislike in-ear/earplugs, and enclosed seems to hurt my lobes after a while

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
What type of headphone do you prefer and why?

Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why? Response: I prefer “over-ear enclosed” because it has a more stable fit around the ears and blocks out unwanted noise at the same time – both to the intended listener and to any bystander – without any unnecessary filtering.

W

wyllisx1

Junior Audioholic
Over Ear Enclosed for 3 reasons: my son can hear me when he has them on & I can't really hear his crappy music.

my girlfriend is going deaf & hears best with over the ear cans & when she is watching tv or a movie with me I don't have to hear the sound from her headphones also.

when I use headphones over the ears are more comfortable & I can hear what my 2 sons are doing that I should be able to hear.

D

Dragon99

Enthusiast
Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why?

In-ear. I only use headphones while traveling and they are the easiest to transport. Haven't tried noise-canceling in-ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis