Enter to Win: Headphones from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gdipilato

Enthusiast
i prefer the open over ear headphones. They give the best of all the worlds combined IMO

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why?
In Ear
In Ear Noise Cancelling
Over Ear Open
Over Ear Enclosed
Over Ear Noise Cancelling
Studio Monitor (over ear)

Over Ear Open - Prefer the sound of noise cancelling ones. This style is most comfortable. My kids use these because nobody makes the other ones that fit in their ears.

In Ear- Best on planes and when out in public. Not sweaty, important in the south.

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
over ear open/studio monitor...

I listen to music, most of the time, at above-average levels, so the "in the ear, beating directly on my eardrum" thing, cant fly with me..

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja

For me there is no better than over ear closed for comfort and audio clarity.

T

Trezl

Junior Audioholic
I prefer over ear noise canceling headphones. Over ear is much more comfortable on my head, and I need noise cancellation for the light rail commute and airline flights I find myself on regularly.

C

camaraderie

Audiophyte
I like studio monitors for their nutrality and overall accuracy.
I have excellent in ear noise reduction phones for my Zune...but still prefer the studio monitors for critical listening at home.

M

Martiad3

Audioholic
  • In Ear
  • In Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Over Ear Open
  • Over Ear Enclosed
  • Over Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Studio Monitor (over ear)
Note this contest ends on March 31st, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.
In Ear for me. If I'm listening to music on my headphones then I'm working out. I need my headphones to stay in my ear, be out of the way and comfortable, and I also need to be able to hear the outside world (mainly the cars that are trying to kill me).

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Ohmen

Audioholic
I prefer over ear enclosed. The IEM or buds are a little uncomfortable to me.

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
I like over the ear noise cancelling. I do most of my headphone listening when on air planes and the NC sets seems to prevent me from getting tired from the that horrific hum that you get on flights. Plus the over the ear design just sounds better and provides a fuller sound

D

DMD123

Junior Audioholic

* Over Ear Open

I like the over ear open design that my Grado SR60's offer for the spacious sound they offer. I do not like the fact I can hear outside noise also. I have also tried cheaper over the ear studio monitors which I also like.

S

Scottfox

Audiophyte
Headphone preference

I prefer in ear headphones if the following criteria are met: 1) comfort- since they are "in-ear" they have to be comfortable over extended periods, or I won't want to use them. 2) stay put- if they are falling out every time I move, that would drastically reduce the time I would be able to use them to when I'm sitting still. 3) Isolation- I prefer a good amount of isolation from the outside world when listening to music. filtering out the noise makes listening to music(or movies on a portable DVD player) more enjoyable, since there are less distractions. This is especially important in noisy environments like Airplanes, but also useful when riding my bicycle to drown out ambiet noises from cars. It also helps that there is less sound leakage in quiet environments to annoy others when listening at fairly loud volumes. 4) Sound quality- if they don't sound good, I won't use them. Smooth response from 20-20K or better is ideal. Some in ears boos the bass too much & it becomes annoying after a while. If the in-ear headphones are the sealing type, there is a good possibility of achieving good bass response.

L

LabRat

Audioholic Intern

Over ear enclosed. But I use this type at home and in ear for everything else...

L

LabRat

Audioholic Intern
Forgot to add: Over ear enclosed sound better to me, and in ear are more portable and less combersome...

N

Nextlevelaudio

Enthusiast
For critical listening I do prefer Over the Ear design. Better attenuation of ambient noise and background noises. On the Go, In ear seem to be preferred for concealment ( Not as Obvious ) and portability :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
What type of headphone do you prefer and why?
  • In Ear
  • In Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Over Ear Open
  • Over Ear Enclosed
  • Over Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Studio Monitor (over ear)
I actually have only used in ear and over the air open.

My preference has been over the ear open designs for comfort and sound quality, but they have been pretty much useless for my travelling and my in ear versions have all been pretty cheap garbage models. I'm actually very (VERY!) interested in a good in-ear model which will do a good job with sound isolation. Not sure how long it would take to get used to them as I hear they are pretty tough to get used to, but once you get used to them, you rarely go back to anything else.

I am not sure how noise cancelling models actually perform, but have no obvious reason to dislike them.

B

briar14

Audiophyte
Prefer over the ear types for home listening.comfortable with complete sound fulfillment

T

t3steve

Junior Audioholic
In Ear noise canceling for most envirorments

over ear open for home use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers