Enter to Win: Headphones from The Speaker Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
The Speaker Company wants you to win!

The Speaker Company (tSc) is giving away the chance to one (1) pair of NC3 noise cancelling headphones OR one (1) pair of IE5 in-ear headphone to two (2) eligible forum members!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in the thread below.

Contest Question: What type of headphone do you prefer and why?
  • In Ear
  • In Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Over Ear Open
  • Over Ear Enclosed
  • Over Ear Noise Cancelling
  • Studio Monitor (over ear)
Note this contest ends on March 31st, 2009. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I prefer Over Ear Enclosed . They attenuate noise both incoming and out going which my wife also appreciates. The other reason is over the ear is what I grew up with so I'm just more used to them.

That being said I would like a pair of nice in ears.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
I also lke over ear as that's what I'm used to, but would like to win the in-ear for use with a portable music player...

M

m_vanmeter

Full Audioholic
for extended listening where I will not bother anyone nearby, I prefer "over the ear - open". The are extremely comfortable for long period wearing and usually light weight and "airy" feeling.

In the office, I prefer "over the ear - closed" so I will not interupt my co-workers. Again, the "over the ear" style is much more comfortable and wearable for long listening sessions, transferring the pressure of the headphones to the skull bone instead of compressing and pushing directly on the ear.

N

nhpm510

Audioholic
depends on what I am doing and where I am

What type of headphone do you prefer and why?

Over ear open for regular listening-best sound.

In ear for sports.

:D

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
Over the ear ENCLOSED for in home listening. In-Ear for running or sports.

T

TimPFla

Audioholic Intern

I prefer noise canceling over the ear headphones because I live at home with my parents because of rough times. These would enable me to have a excuse not to hear them!!! LORD HELP ME!!! I won't have them telling to turn my HT down :(

T

twheeloc

Audioholic Intern
  • In Ear
  • Over Ear Open
  • Over Ear Enclosed

Over Ear Open - For extended listening because of the feeling of space and the comfort.

In Ear- for travel and high noise situations.

A

alexwakelin

Full Audioholic
I prefer over ear open headphones. I do not find in ear heaphones very comfortable, and over ear closed headphones get too hot for extended listening. Over ear open headphones, IMO, provide the best combination of sound quality and comfort. I own a few different pairs of headphones, and I use my Sennheiser HD 485 the most.

Last edited:
KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
That's a tough one, but I'm going to have to say over the ear phones - because of long-term comfort (in ear for prolonged periods make me develop headaches). I also have become more and more in-tune with noticing little nuances in the tonal clarity of my music, games, movies, etc. A good pair of over the ear phones make everything seem so much more clear. Thanks for the contest!

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
I prefer over the ear enclosed headphones for sound isolation and because I dont like headphones stuck up my ear canal.

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
I prefer over the ear headphones cos I always feel like those darn earbuds are gonna fall out. And I like the feeling of having a huge speaker strapped to each of my ears!

cheers,
supervij

T

TVJon

Audioholic

The answer depends on the listening environment and what I'm doing. In-ear when I'm listening while doing something active. Over ear-open when I'm sitting still. I still have an ancient headphone circa 1978 that's over-ear enclosed. Nice sound, but sweaty if I wear them too long!

TVJon

In Ear
In Ear Noise Cancelling
Over Ear Open
Over Ear Enclosed
Over Ear Noise Cancelling
Studio Monitor (over ear)

N

neckthrough

Enthusiast

• In Ear
  • Over Ear Open
  • Over Ear Enclosed

In Ear: I find over- or around the ear headphones a bit uncomfortable. In-ear headphones are light, unobtrusive, easy to carry around and don't hurt my ears.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
All listed types have their benefits but my preferences are:
In Ear Noise Cancelling for mobile use
and
Over Ear Enclosed for at home use

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

My choice is: In Ear Noise Cancelling. I wear glasses, and over the ear designs tend to put force on the ear pieces that makes the glasses uncomfortable to have on. So, I like in-ear headphones the best. Noise cancelling is a nice addition.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
My honest answer is what ever you have more of so I have a better chance of winning :) actually either one would work great for me . But I would prefer the over the ear noise canceling ones for plane travel or just relaxing and there more comfortable for me .

Last edited:
M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I prefer studio monitor for comfort reasons. When I use headphones for a long period of time, I usually am sitting at my computer. I do also use in ears as well, but mainly for travel due to portability.

H

heroesunplugged

Audioholic Intern
Type of Headphones

Over the ear enclosed. More comfortable and usually better bass reproduction.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I would prefer 'Over Ear Enclosed' the most. I haven't tried all the different kinds but I see noise canceling as just something else to beak or not work right. I don't want anything in me. Thanks for asking. I like the whole I can't hear you, you can't hear me thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis