Enter to Win: HDMI Cable from DVIGear

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
1. When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

I would say 30% of the decision,1st is reliability of seller, 2nd is price and 3rd is shipping cost/process.

2. What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

30 days, from the time I have it in my hands, not when it's shipped.

3. What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

I'm not a big fan of restockng fees, but I guess 10%, if the packaging is in very bad shape.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?
Alot. Reviews and word of mouth only say so much. Seeing and hearing for myself is the best review.

What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?
30 days.

What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?
15% is fair when you look around at other industries.

SBF1

jthomp27

jthomp27

Audioholic Intern
1. A lot - part of the tradeoff in in buying on line is that you can't just run back to store to return a product.
2. 14 days, at a minimum. 30 is ideal.
3. 10-20%, depending on packaging costs

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
1 return policy is very important. especially if i can not test the equiptment before purchase. Hassle free returns and company reputaion are a big factor in considering on line purchases

2 30-60 days depending on the equipment.

3 10% restocking fee is fair to keep prices competetive and deture people from swapping out whenever they feel.

J

jjgettis

Audiophyte
1. Of some importance in relationship to complexity of item I am buying more complex or more likely to fail it is more important.
2. At least 30 days
3. none if I return an item it did not do what I expected it to based on the information provided to me.

E

eaatienza

Audiophyte
dvi contest

1. very important...I need to know i can return a product if it didn't work for me or if i just simply made a rookie mistake and got the wrong product

2. atleast 30 days

3. i'm a fan of no restocking fees:)

jasoneuc

jasoneuc

Audioholic Intern
1. When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

It is definitely a factor, particularly when I have not had a lot of dealings with that retailer. I would pay more for a product from a company that I have had excellent service from.

2. What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

30 days.

3. What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

10% is a fair restocking fee. NOTE: this is only relevent if the product was not defective in any way, and does not apply if the retailer states "money back guaranee" or similar.

D

Diablo

Audioholic Intern
I think the companies return policy reflects the confidence of the retailer of their product. 30 days after delivery is sufficient time to evaluate the products performance.There should be no restocking fee but the customer should pay return shipping

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
When buying online return policies are very high on my list. When buying something I can't physically touch I need to know I can return it hassle free if it's not right. As far as return policies go I'll have to go with 30 days I think thats fair for both sides. Restocking fees is a tuff one. I have never been a fan of restocking fees, but if the product is not in saleable condition someone should pay. So I guess %15 is probably fair.

S

shokunin

Audiophyte
1. From an online retailer it's extremely important. In some cases, the buyer has no way of seeing the product, packaging, quality of materials, etc of what they are buying. Some online sites overstate specs and claim 1080p up to 50 meters and well, if it doesn't meet that claim, I expect to be able to return it. I always read into if shipping costs are refunded as well as some place overcharge on shipping and handling.

2. 30 days

3. If it's immediately resaleable then 0% restock, if I have to pay to ship it back to the online retailer and I lose my initial shipping expense, then I'd expect not to have to pay a restock. If it's not immediately resaleable then 15% as in the product looks used or missing original packaging etc.

6kids&adog

6kids&adog

Enthusiast
I live in a rural state without much access to electronics stores or outlets. Most of what I buy is over the internet. If the return policy does not include full refund and free shipping on all returns, I usually won't buy from that company. I see it as a marker of the company's confidence in their merchandise.

30 days is a reasonable time to allow returns on functional merchandise.

I don't want to pay any restocking fee. Please see comments above.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?
Quite a bit, any legitimate company that stands behind their product will have a reasonable return policy.

What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?
I think that 30 days is more than adequate to call and recieve a return authorization number.

What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?
10% is fair with a maximum limit of $50 for non-defective products.

F

FLMike

Audioholic
Response

1. Returns policy is very important to me. It is an indication of a companies faith in the quality and accurate representation of their product.

2. IMO 30 Days from date of delivery or 45 days from date of shipment (to allow for in transit time) is a fair window for returns.

3. The proper Restocking fee is tougher. In general, I do not like them for mail-order sales. But I do think that a retailer should have the option to charge one if the product is returned poorly re-packaged or without original materials (such as product docs, instructions, etc.). This is provided that the retailer ships the products in a manner that they CAN be repackaged as they are sent--Not in sealed clamshells that cannot be easily opened without causing damage to the packaging, for instance. In those cases, 15% is probably fair.

G

greenhill

Audioholic Intern
1. Very Important.... I will not purchace, if there is not a return policy.

2. 30days is good

3. tricky.... for those of us who are honest and are truly returning an item for a good reason, than 0%..... However, for those who will take advantage of a lenient return policy, they should be charged much more%..... :) I guess 5-10% across the board is fare.
greenhill.

superman180

superman180

Audioholic
I value a good return policy when purchasing online and I defiantly take it into consideration, especially since the majority of my online purchases have been product unseen.

I feel that 30 days is a sufficient return window.

10% restocking fee is reasonable, however I would be lying if I said I wouldn't like to see no restocking fee.

M

metamorphasis

Audiophyte
Return Policies

I Think It Is Very Important That A Company Has Enough Confidence And Pride In Their Products That They Have A Liberal Return Policy Because Their Is Little To No Expectation That The Product Will Be Returned Based On Reputation, Reviews, And Word Of Mouth. It Is Unlikely A Well Built Cable Will Be Returned. If It Is, For Whatever The Reason, The Customer Should Have 30 Days From The Date Of Delivery To Return The Item. I Don't Think There Should Be Any Fee To Re-stock The Item If The Packaging Has Not Been Destroyed.

F

fiatster

Audiophyte
It's important to know that a piece of equiptment can be returned if it does not full the expected needs.

Thirty days after delivery is plenty of time to find out if the product is in good working order.

Between 0 and 10% depending on the condition of the item.

L

Lucky Chucky

Audiophyte
1. I think a return policy is extremely important for an online retailer. It adds legitimacy to the company and proves that they will stand behind their products. This is especially true when buying products sight unseen.
2. I think 21 to 30 days is a fair amount of time for a return window.
3. 10 to 15% would be a fair restocking fee for items which are not immediately saleable, but should not be applied to DOA and incorrectly listed items.

KC23

KC23

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
DVIGear wants your opinion about Return Policies
…and we’re willing to give you the shirt off our backs for it !

In the competitive world of online retail, policies and customer service can make or break a company. We want your opinion on return policies for online retailers, so we’re giving away our extremely popular HDMI Super High Resolution cables to five (5) randomly selected winners that respond to the questions below. Each winner will be able to choose one cable of his or her choice up to 7.5 meters. Also, five (5) randomly selected winners will receive a DVIGear t-shirt in the size of their choice. Each t-shirt and cable will be delivered at absolutely no charge!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Answer the following questions in this contest thread.

Extra BONUS for Audioholics Readers!!!
Don't want to wait for the contest? As they say, “Seeing is Believing”. Use discount code AH-0306 to get a 5% discount on ANY of our Super High Resolution DVI and HDMI cables.
1) One of my highest priorities, but I rarely use it.
2) 45 days
3) 10%

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
1) Return policies are important as you can not audition the product. Like Bluejean cable, 100% satisfaction or money back. I just put "return to sender" on the package it came in and all was good. Also, should something go wrong, like my Hsu STF 3 amp, I liked how Hsu sent me a new amp and I just used their packaging to return my defective one. Did not have to pay for any shipping by again, marking it "return to sender".

2)30 days sounds sufficient for a return policy.

3) no restocking fee. The company takes the risk for being an "internet only" company. I find that extremely cheesy when the store says that. Total bush league.

JC

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis