Enter to Win: HDMI Cable from DVIGear

H

HiJon89

Audioholic
1. When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

Depending on what I'm buying and whether it is new or used, return policies could be important.

2. What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

I think there should be a 90-day no-questions-asked return window and then a 3-year warranty for defective cables.

3. What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

0%, if the customer has to return something because they are not satisfied, they should not be charged to do so.

G

Grendel

Audiophyte
dvi gear

1. When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?

It's always a factor, but I give it more weight when I purchase electronics, especially expensive electronics.

2. What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?

I think somewhere between 15 and 30 days is fair.

3. What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?

If the products are not reselable quickly then a small fee, no more than 7% I think is reasonable.

J

Joel47

Enthusiast
Depends on the item -- for stuff like cables that's either right or wrong out of the box, I'm less picky then for something more complex (no offense).
30 days.
15% sounds fair so long as things are flexible -- I know some people have trouble with long cable runs when the cable's just fine, so a little leeway on what's considered "defective" (no restocking fee) is nice. On the other hand, if the customer ordered the wrong gender or wrong length, that's their mistake.

K

ka1srs

Audiophyte
1. The return policy is a deal breaker for me. No reasonable return policy, then no business from me.

2. I think 60 days from the day of receipt is excellent. The minimum should be 30 days from the day of receipt.

3. If the product is defective upon my receiving it, or if the product dies within the return period and I decide to return it as a faulty product for a refund, then I should not have to pay a restocking fee. Otherwise, the restocking fee should be no more than 15%.

L

Lambinator

Audiophyte
1. I usually make very sure I am purchasing what I want when I order, knowing that returns are always a hassle for everyone.

2. 30 days for the return should be acceptable.

3. restocking fee - 15% is realistic assuming the item wasn't defective, misrepresented by the seller, or a shipping error.

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
Well, I give it my best shot....

1 When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies? I guess I only really think about it if the item I'm about to buy might not fit, like clothing.

2 What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear? 30 days

3 What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition? No more than 10%

ace2352

ace2352

Audiophyte
Return Policy

1. It is a monor consideration, I do not worry to much aboout because I make sure the product is what I need before buying, and I rarely, if ever, return products I have purchased from an online retailer.

2. 30 days seems to be an acceptable amount of time to test the product and see if it was the correct purchase to make.

3. I think 15% is a tad high, I believe 5%, maybe 10%, is an amount that is reasonable for a restocking fee.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I take return policies pretty seriously as you never know when you may not need the product anymore, or maybe you just got the wrong thing by mistake, and it's not fair to be stuck with something you can't use, or just dont' need.

I think two weeks is a fair window for a return.

Restocking fees should be no more than 10%.

S

Srinivas

Audiophyte
When buying from an online retailer, how much do you take into consideration their return policies?
Its not much important as I do some R&D before buying online. Its still somewhat important as the product could be damaged in shipping or defective.

What do you think is a fair and realistic return window (days after purchase) for an online retailer like DVIGear?
Atleast 45 days, taking into consideratin the shipping times

What do you think is a fair restocking fee percentage when products are not returned in immediately saleable condition?
Upto 10% is reasonable but it should not always be a % or there should be a cap on $ amount. Its not fair to charge $1 for a $10 cable and $25 for a $250 cable - if the charge is actually for labor

mlbillow

mlbillow

Audioholic Intern

Really important, as you are not seeing the actual product before it gets shipped to you. At a brick and mortar store, I always check the packaging to make sure it does not have any dammage before I buy it.

I am fine with 14 days for a brick and mortar store, but with online, you have to take in consideration for shipping, etc. So for an online retailer, I like to have 30 days.

10% max. But it does drive me crazy when manufactures package their products in packaging that you have to destroy to get the product out.

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
1) I usually don't concern myself with the return policy. This is for two reasons. One, I usually am buying something that I am familiar with and don't expect a return to be necessary. Two, I am usually only buying from reputable, well established companies. If by chance I am thinking of buying from a company I've never heard of, I will look at the return policy, but I don't hold too much stock in it; if they aren't a reputable company, why would they honor their return policy?

2) A fair return window for online purchases is sometimes difficult. I don't think you can say "this many days after purchase". You need to use a delivery carrier's tracking system to say "this many days after delivery". I think it would need to be at least 15 days after delivery, preferably 30. I often have bought an item and haven't had time during those first 15 days to set it up.

3) Another difficult question. There are varying degrees of not in "immediately saleable condition". Then there's the question as to why it is not in "immediately saleable condition"? Was it a shipping issue/poor packaging/etc... Was your packaging designed so that the only possible way to open it is destroy the package? If it is my fault that the item is not in "immediately saleable condition", I would be willing to pay a 10% fee. I would be dissapointed at having to pay 15%. And I would most likely skip the retailer altogether if I have to pay 20% or more.

B

bowlman

Audiophyte
Hassle free return policy is a plus.
Item to be returned with in 30 days.
Depends on return of goods,10% restock charge

C

candyman

Audiophyte

The return policy is a LARGE consideration. I recently purchased a pre-pro and amplifier. After listening to the first amp, I decided to upgrade. They credited the cost of the first amp towards the second amp. They were first rate and I will deal with them again and recommend them to others.

30 to 45 days after shipment.

10% to 15%. I wouldn't have a restocking fee as long as all pieces are returned and in saleable condition.

S

Spat

Audiophyte

I take return policies into high consideration. Otherwise, I might as well buy from an online auction while ignoring their satisfaction ratings. Return policies are one of the few protections afforded to online buyers.

30 days from the verified arrival date of the shipment (not from the shipping or purchase date).

10% max. Not immediately saleabel condition could be as simple as a ripped box. Its part of the cost of doing business.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
I ALWAYS check it. I don't buy from retailers that say restocking fee no matter what... A common ploy by the less than trustworthy e-tailers. Everyone should take a lesson from Crutchfield.
30 days
Hmm, tough one. 10%. The buyers who return items without packing materials, "forgetting" to include the provided remote or cable are the guys who should get charged for this. BUT, if the box is hammered because of the shipping gorillas - 0%

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis