Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

1. Amp/Receiver: HK AVR 3600 (silver and black), Adcom GFA 5503, Behringer EP2500, Behringer DCX 2496

2. Speakers: DIY Zaph Audio ZDT3.5's in Oak and Black for L/C/R, Dayton for the inwalls

3. Sub(s): DIY TC Sounds DB 500 in 3.5 cubic foot sealed box (X2)

4. Sources: HTPC and Cable Company DVR

5. AV furniture: Kitchen cabinets turned upside down with toe kicks removed. Custom counter with trim.

6. Other: None

2) What would you change in your home theater system? The room...

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?
The electrical service (put in a dedicated sub panel at 50 amps)

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

5: Just needed general color not to clash. Subs the opposite of children, they should be heard, not seen.

Thx,
Jin

B

BCWookie

Audiophyte
1.A) Onkyo 3007(black)
B)Polk Audio LS 90(rosewood veneer), CS350, LS/FX- Black veneer
C)Velodyne 1500 R(BLack)
D) LGBD 390(grey), Dish Network DVR (black)
E) Generic stand- glass
2. I would change speaker if I had the money
3. Speakers
4. 8- Sub should match, but mine doesnt Match now.

G

gnn

Audioholic Intern
1)
a. Onkyo TX-SR805, black
b. Boston Acoustics VR3, VR920, Infinity Primus P362, black
c. Elemental Designs A5-300, black
d. Playstation 3 (black), Oppo DV-981HD (black)
e. Bush VS97250, Silver
f. Sony TV, Monoprice cables

2) Acoustics, but can't mess with the living room

3) 3D TV

4) Very important to match, 8. However, it ended up going to a hidden corner.

Thanks!

gregt16g

gregt16g

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver : Pioneer, black
Speakers : Purchasing in the near future
Sub(s) : Same as above
Sources : Sony BluRay, Sony SXRD TV, Dish DVR, all black
AV furniture : n/a
Other : Monoprice cables

2) What would you change in your home theater system? The room! Cathedral ceilings, hardwood floors, etc...

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Speakers & sub

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? 5 - If it doesn't match then it needs to be black

R

Robo

Audiophyte

Amp/Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX 74TXVI- Gloss Black

Speakers- Defintive Technology BP8B's - Gloss Black, Def. Tech CLR2002 Gloss Black, Def. Tech BP 1.2x - Matte Black

Sub- SVS-PB10 Matte Black

Sources- Marantz DVD/CD Player- Gloss Black

AV furniture- Generic Stand with dark wood finish and glass

2) What would you change in your home theater system?

Ideally, I'd like to go to a complete HDMI, upgrade fronts to Def. Tech 7002's, upgrade to a dual 12' SVS Sub, get a Blu-Ray player.

Blu-Ray

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

I'd say a 5, its currently hidden and thus finish isn't of concern.

Thanks

W

willdao

Audiophyte
I recently sold most of my main home theater system--the most up-to-date pieces--due to a move; what's left, below, is pretty much my "ancient bedroom system," all I have left as I await 3D and 11.X Audyssey maturity this fall/winter (although the verdict's still out on 3D, I've spent considerable time listening to the Audyssey DSX processing; DSX can sound incredible, when properly set-up and with good gear--assuming one can accomodate it, which I can and will very shortly):

1)

a) Technics SA-DA10 5.1 Ch. DD/DTS MOSFET receiver in champagne;
b) Energy Take 5; I have some other "cheapies" packed away, too, somewhere; I may be selling this Energy HTiB, too, so some new speaks would be right on time...(!)
c) None funtional (i.e. "true" subwoofer); there's the Take 5 bass box, of course, which is not an actual subwoofer, as it doesn't really do much in the bottom two octaves;
d) JVC NX-D9000 DVD-Audio/SACD player (sole holdover from the "main" system); Pioneer DV-563A DVD-Audio/SACD player ( from the "bedroom" system);
e) Antique couch;
f) Vidikron Crystal One, hauled out of its coffin and doing O.K., I guess, for emergency duty, after all these years;

2) I intend to change everything, ASAP, but speakers are especially important; I will need two Aperion systems (+) to do DSX 11.X, lol.

3) Probably will upgrade the projector "first," actually, although my holistic purchases will be mostly simultaneous. HDTV spoils one, and SD PJs, no matter how nice in their prime, just don't quite cut it--plus, 3D is intellectually compelling. Have owned a Panasonic PT-AE900 in the past, and appreciate Panasonic's value, so, given the expected cost of competitor's PJs--and my need to replace ALL of my main system (and even parts of this bedroom system--i.e. the display, maybe speakers, a new Bluray player) in a few short months--I probably will go with Panny's 3D PJ entry this fall; if not, then the AE4000's 2-D successor (or even the 4000) will be an attractive choice in terms of features/performance, I'm sure, at its price point.

4) It's very important for a sub to match the finish of the rest of system; after all, it takes up MORE space than any other single speaker, and has a proportionately larger impact in terms of decor. It's too often the "cheap-vinyl-clad elephant in the room."

My two cents. Hope I win! I've not heard Aperion's speakers, but have read LOTS of good things about them, consistently and far-afield...

Last edited:
D

Dank

Audioholic Intern
my system

Amp/Receiver - denon 1905 - black
Speakers - front center fountek speaker kit with black textured cabinet
front - left right fountek 3.5inch fullrange with black ash cabinets
rear - 4 velodyne grey 2-way speakers
Sub(s) - b&w black
Sources - silver comcast box, black blu-ray
AV furniture - dark brown hardwood entertainment/tv stand
Other

I would upgrade my front left/right to equal the center channel and finish the same way.

I'm unhappy with the entertainment center I have. I bought it from Ikea and it appeared perfect for what I wanted to create. There are three sections seemingly perfect to place the center channel in the center and you can but the secitons on each side cannot house the width of either the receiver/comast box/blu-ray. So without placing these outside of the entertainment unit I have to move the center channel to the side section.

speakers

6 - very important that it match, but not a ten because if the color worked with the rest(contrasting, different style(metallic or other)) then that would be nice, maybe better than an identical match

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
Aperion Audio wants you to win!

Aperion Audio is away the chance to win one (1) Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System to one (1) eligible forum member! The Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System is a $1999 value!

Features of Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System:

Front Speakers: 2 Intimus 6B Bookshelf Speaker
  • Dimensions: 15" H x 8.3" W x 12.8" D
  • Frequency Response(+/- 3dB): 48-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 42-22,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 82 dB
  • Driver Configuration: 2-Way

Center Channel: 1 Intimus 6C Center Channel Speaker
  • Dimensions: 8.5" H x 25" W x 11" D
  • Frequency Response(+/- 3dB): 55-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 50-22,000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 87 dB
  • Driver Configuration: 3-Way

Surrounds: 2 Intimus 5DB Dipole/Bipole Surround Speaker
  • Dimensions11.75" H x 10.6" W x 7.5" D
  • Frequency Response: 100Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Sensitivity: 86dB
  • Driver Configuration: 2-Way

Subwoofer: 1 Bravus 10D - Dual Driver Powered Subwoofer
  • Dimensions: 15"H x 13.5" W x 13.5" D (with feet attached)
  • Frequency Response: (-3dB) 30Hz - 180Hz, (-6dB) 26Hz – 180Hz
  • Driver Configuration: Dual Active Drivers

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

• Amp/Receiver
  • Speakers
  • Sub(s)
  • Sources
  • AV furniture
  • Other

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.
1. Items are all black.
1. Polk Audio R 40's and Acoustic Research Center and Surrounds.
2. Reel Acoustics 10" Sub.
3. Samsung Upconverting DVD Recorder/VHS Combo. Pioneer 810 Receiver.
4. Ikea TV stand with shelves.

2. Everything!

3. Speakers.

4.Very-10.

I hope i win!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Funboy

Audioholic Intern

1. Amp/Receiver - Onkyo TXSR805 Silver
2. Speakers - Magnepan MMG's Black
3. Sub(s) - DIY Dayton 12" black
4. Sources - Playstation 3
5. AV furniture - Black stand bought at local retailer
6. Other - Monoprice cabling

Change speakers so I can have a matching center channel

Speakers!

1 - gonna go in the corner, and will likley keep the same sub, speakers constantly changing

W

waldo563

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

1. Amp/Receiver - Emotiva XPA-5 - Black/Onkyo TX-NR807 - Black

2. Speakers - Polk Audio RTi A7, CSi3, Monitor 30 - Cherry

3. Sub(s) - SVS PC12-NSD X 2 - Black Fabric

4. Sources - Universal Player:Oppo BDP-83 -Black, Satellite: Dish VIP-612 - Black, Game: Xbox 360 - White

5. AV furniture - StudioTech HF-3 - Black/Silver

6. Other - Display: Samsung LN46A630 - Black, EQ: Behringer DSP-1124 - Silver, DIY Speaker Cables - Black

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Would like to change surrounds to dipole/bipole.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Upgrade to larger center channel

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 3 - I would have preferred a matching cherry sub but since the SVS subs took up little space and the black fabric blends into my superchunk corner treatments, it was not that big of a deal.

C

ColClink

Audiophyte
1)
Amp: Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX (black)

Speakers: B&W LCR 600 (ash Black)
B&W DM 302 (cherry)
Sub: Mirage Prestige S8 (black)

Sources:
Sony 5 disc DVD (black)
Apple TV (white)
Wii (white)
Xbox 360 (off-white)
Cable DVR (dark grey)

AV furniture: Cherry wall unit/ bookcase floor to ceiling

Other: Next year building home theater room w/ raised 2nd row seating 65" plasma and new amp and speakers

2) I want to upgrade my display and amp the most (need HDMI and Blueray)

3) most would be to ditch the old 46" dlp to a 65" Plasma

4) 2 Sub is hidden behind seating

T

Tkake

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver - Sony str 810- Black

2. Speakers -custom designed and made lcr /atlantic technologie surround- Black Ash

3. Sub(s) -Polk Audio dsw2000- Black Ash

4. Sources -PS3-control4 media player-:rolleyes:

5. AV furniture - Custom designed av cabinetw/ cooling system and thermostat- custom designed lift cabinet
6. Other - cables, Sony NX800 TV-Aura bass shaker in lr recliner,buttkicker in center couche

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Acoustics,

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? TV bigger maybe

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. It was a 7, the sub is in the corner next to the tv and so for me i just want the color to blend with the rest of the av cabinet high gloss black

C

chkngreez

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver - Behringer EP4000 - Grey / Onkyo HT-R607 - Black

2. Speakers - Behringer 2030P (R/L/C) Onkyo surrounds- Black

3. Sub(s) - DIY Pioneer Premier SPL 12"/- Black

4. Sources - DIRECTV DVR- Silver, PS3 -Black, XBOX 360 - White, Wii - White

5. AV furniture - Bell 'O A/V Cabinet - Black

6. Other - Olevia TV.

2) What would you change in your home theater system? My receiver and surrounds, definitely.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Receiver or TV. Too tough to call.

When I first bought the hts6200 the finish factor was an 8 or nine, but the DIY sub I have now, the factor was a 1, simply because the sub is completely hidden from view.

C

Catnap

Enthusiast

a. Yamaha 663
b. Sierra-1's piano black fronts; NHT Superones black front and surround
c. HSU STF2
d. Pioneer Kuro, Dish 622, Sharp Bluray, Philips DVD, Panny DVD recorder, Sony 5 CD changer
e. custom made TV and audio stand

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Nothing

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Possibly center channel speaker

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? 1 -everything is black - just happened.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic

Amp/Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR705, black
Main Speakers: B&W DM 601 S2, black
Surrounds: Paradigm CS 60R 3M In-Ceiling, white
Center: None, for now (B&W 601 S2 tweeter is broken)
Sub(s): AV123 ULW-10 black
Sources: Blu Ray/DVD/CD: LG BD390 black, no cable/sat source in HT
AV furniture: BDI Avion 8927, dark cherry
TV: Panasonic TH-42PX60U, silver

I likely need some professional help with speaker placement, and room acoustics, as well as quieting the HVAC.

New 1080p Plasma TV then new center channel speaker to replace the broken one

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color).

Rating 4: It is only slightly important. I'd might want black in most rooms, even if the speakers were a different color, since I'd want to hide it in a corner somewhere anyway.

T

Toka

Enthusiast

At the moment, nothing. I have a Panasonic LCD to which an Xbox 360 is connected. Everything else is mothballed (and was 2-channel only).

I'd like to have one!

Speakers and corresponding amplification are the biggest needs.

I'd say 6. It would be nice to match but it doesn't matter in the end...a plain black or white sub would go with just about any decor/equipment setup I could care to imagine.

G

gtche

Audioholic Intern
Amp/Receiver - Denon 2105
Speakers - EMP EF30T, EF30C, EF30B
Sub(s) - HSU VTF3 MKII
Sources Pioneer BDP-320, Xbox 360
AV furniture
Other Pioneer PDP-5020

Everything is black

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Larger room without corner placement for the front 3 speakers.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Receiver

3 - I bought the sub first and then the speakers about a year later. The sub is also well hidden so the finish did not matter that much to me. It would be a bonus if the finishes all matched but in reality the sub will probably be a different brand than my speakers.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

1. Amp/Receiver Yamaha RX-V2500 - black
2. Speakers SVS MTS-01's & MCS-01 & Ascend Acoustics CBM-170se surrounds - all black
3. Sub(s) SVS PB12 Plus - black
4. Sources PS3 - black
5. AV furniture None
6. Other None

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Get matching surrounds and a universal remote

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? The display

A 5, It's nice but I don't feel that every room would require it from an aesthetic point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver - Emotiva UPA-7 and Integra DHC 40.1 both in black
2. Speakers are Infinity Cascade 3V x 3 fronts - pair of model Five bookshelf surrounds - all in silver
3. Sub(s) for music/movies Cascade Model 15 in silver - movies only Elemental Designs A5-350 matte black
4. Sources - Oppo BDP-80 DVD player black - Directv HR22 HD Sat receiver - black - home built HTPC - black
5. AV furniture - Circa 1995 Sears HT in basic black
6. Other - no 'other'.

Nothing at the moment.

Display. Currently using a 42" LCD.

~5

When I bought the Cascade speaker system I had several choices for sub color - seemed natural to get the silver sub to match the speakers. I already had the A5-350 which I don't plan on selling any time soon.

D

dfedders

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver - Pioneer - Black
Speakers Klipsch - Black
Sub(s) SVS - Black
Sources Cable Box - Black, PS3 - Black, Xbox 360 - Black
AV furniture - Cherry

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Surround speakers. Would like bipole/dipole

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Front, Surround, and Center speakers.

4 - Didn't matter too much. Hidden behind the couch.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis