Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

Amp/Receiver- Pioneer Elite VSX92-thx, Emotiva XPA-3

Speakers- ERA D5 (rosewood), ERA LCR5(rosewood), Axiom QS4 v3(cherry)

Sub(s)- HSU ULS-15(rosenut)

Sources- LG 42 LCD, PS3

2) What would you change in your home theater system?

Im looking into completely changing my system up and bringing out in the living area instead of having a bedroom converted into an HT.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?

My Display, I would like something in a 55"-65"

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain

Close to a 10- An unmatching sub is like watching a symphony and seeing the conductor in jeans and a t-shirt.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver: Denon 4310CI, black (standard finish)
Speakers: SVS M-series CLR and Rear speakers, rosenut (Standard finish).
Sub(s): SVS PB-13 Ultra, rosenut (standard finish)
Sources: PS3 for Bluray -black slim version, XBOX 360- 250gig Grey (Standard Finishes)
AV furniture: Whalen tv stand with mount, glass and rosenut (standard finish)
Other: Blue jeans cable 10 gauge wire, BJC hdmi's (grey plastic sheath)

Oppo 83 for bluray, upgrade speakers..

Room treatments for sure...all sounds good, but definitely need room treatments.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

10, I purchased the M-series because it matched the PB-13 ultra exactly....I would have purchased other speakers if their rosenut looked the same as my subwoofer. Very important to me. I would hate my subwoofer to stand out like a sore thumb. People already ask what the big box is, it would stand out that much more if it were another color.

S

star2sound

Enthusiast
1a) NAD - Dark Grey
1b) NHT - Black
1c) Atlantic Technology - Black
1d) Panasonic Bluray - Black, Oppo DVD - Black, Denon DVD - Black, Motorola Cable Box - Grey, Mac Mini - Grey
1e) Sanus - Rose/Black

2a) room acoustics

3a) replace TV

4) 7 - needs to match the color of the main/center speakers

A

AzN_plyR

Audioholic
1)
a. Denon AVR-1910
b. AV123 ELT525C ( 3x for fronts, no rez'd ) ELT525M surrounds.
c. SVS PB12-NSD
d. HTPC / Playstation 3
e. Sanus / Omnimount stands

2)
I would want a bigger room, maybe a 7.1 setup.

3)
Amp/Receiver

4)
1, did not matter at all. The only thing that needed to match was the speakers themselves, but the subwoofer usually just need to be black for me and it's good to go!

Thanks for giving us a chance to win this awesome system.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Amp/Receiver - Denon AVR-889
Speakers - DIY design, red mahogany wood finish
Sub(s) - Pinnacle DigitalSub 600 matte black
Sources - Sony BDP-S550, HTPC, Dish Network
AV furniture - DIY cabinet
Other

The room! Also a speaker upgrade is always welcome

Speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

5. Depends on 2 things. 1) the room. if it's a dedicated theater room, mismatching more acceptable. 2) the sub color - black matches most other finishes. if not black, then it probably should match.

S

soulrider4ever

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver - Emotiva LPA-1

2. Speakers - Wharfedale EVO2-8 - Black Ash

3. Sub(s) - HSU VTF-1 - Black Ash

4. Sources - HTPC/Blu-ray, Matrix Mini-i - black, Wii - White

5. AV furniture - Nada :(

6. Other - Wharfedale OpusII-3's - rosewood

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I would change the TV to a nice projector, add ATS panels and upgrade the amp

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Always the subwoofer.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 9, because it's out in the open and the wife sees it all the time.

D

dustwvl

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver - Onkyo 805 Black
2. Speakers - Ascend Acoustics 340 and 170 Classics
3. Sub(s) - Hsu STF-2
4. Sources -Panasonic BD-35 and Motorola Cable Box
5. AV furniture - Basic TV STand
6. Other - Panasonic 50" 850u Plasma

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Better Sound

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1 Not an issue for me as long as it is not a crazy color like red. yellow etc.

F

FridayPattycake

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver - HK AVR-510 Black; Sherwood Newcastle am 9080 5 Channel Amp Silver
Speakers - Front: Energy RC-70 Rosenut; Center: Energy RC-LCR Rosenut; Surround: Energy RC-R
Sub(s) - Rythmik F15 300w Black Ash
Sources - PS3 Black; Sony XDR-F1HD Black; Samsung DVD-HD841 Silver; Cable box Silver/Black
AV furniture - Black with a little cherry
Other - Monoprice cables Black & White

Receiver/Processor; 2nd Rythmik Sub; New enclosures for subs to match the Energy RCs; New TV Stand; New TV; Add a turntable; Acoustic panels

Receiver/Processor

6: When I bought the sub, I had higher preferance for getting a high performance sub but now I would like to get a better finish (hopefully can match the Energy RCs); If I cannot match the rest of the system, I would like to get a nicer black or get an enclosure that looks like furniture

Thank you!

J

jamieo1337

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver = Integra 7.9 - black
Speakers = Klipsch epic series CF1 black (mains x2) - black
klipsch KSF C5 (center) - black
klipsch RS-42 (surrounds x4) - black

Sub(s) B&W ASW1000 (subwoofer x1) - black

Sources Other Sony PS3 black - HP media center with a turtle beach 7.1 sound card - black and silver, cable box - silver
AV furniture bello italien black glass

other: mono price cables black (hdmi)
pro audio custom cable - baby blue
monster sub cable - white

I would get a bit rate blueray player

Subwoofer

10- I like everything to match, but the quality of sound comes first....matching second.

J

jlo913

Audiophyte
a. Amp/Receiver – Onkyo HT-R510 Black
b. Speakers – Onkyo SKF-200 6.1 Speakers Black
c. Sub(s) – Onkyo SKW-200 Black
d. Sources – Sony DVP-CX850D, LG BD390V, Hughes SD-HBH (all black)
e. AV furniture – Wood Cherry TV stand and two matching AV Shelves
f. Other – Panasonic TH-42PD25 (Black and Silver) Would prefer all black!

Answer: Considering purchasing amp, av receiver, and speakers

Answer: Would upgrade at least receiver and speakers at same time. Probably would also purchase amp at same time.

Answer: 9; If I had black speakers, I could live with a black sub even if the color was not an exact match. If my speakers had a wood finish, regardless of type, I would expect them to match exactly (ie same finish).

D

drrick

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver-Denon 1909 in black
2. Speakers-Fronts are Destination Audio (aka EMP, aka RBH) and are black wood-grained vinyl. The surround speakers are by Emotiva and are a black matte finish.
3. Sub(s)-SVS PB-10, a greyish black vinyl wrap
4. Sources-Pioneer DVD player, which is silver; PS3 in shiny black; Motorola cable box in a greyish color
5. AV furniture-a wooden armoire-type cabinet which houses all of the components
6. Other-a video processor which is a flat black color

2) What would you change in your home theater system? If I was going to change anything, it would be the layout of the room--I think that would make the biggest impact on my system.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? I'm currently looking to upgrade the video processor. If I found a good deal on one, that would be my first upgrade.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1--the specs and price of the subwoofer were of far greater importance to me than whether it looked like the speakers. My sub actually sits near one of my front speakers, but I had very little concern about what the finish on the sub looked like.

A

anthony1138

Audiophyte

1. Denon AVR-2807 black
2. Onkyo bookshelves, center and surrounds - silver
3. Onkyo SKW-150 - silver
4. Denon DVD-2910 - black, Momitsu BDP-799 - black, XBOX 360 - silver, Wii - white, Pioneer Elite CLD-79 - black, Motorola HD DVR - silver
5. Oak finish TV stand/cabinet with glass doors

I would upgrade my cheapo htib speakers and sub (maybe dual subs), get a separate A/V processor to replace the receiver (already have an Emotiva amp waiting for new speakers), and upgrade from the Momitsu BDP to an Oppo BDP-83 (also replacing the Denon DVD-2910). I'd love to get a projector and 100" screen too. :rolleyes:

Speakers, because mine suck big time.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale:

6 - It wasn't super important, but all of my components and TV were silver at the time so I wanted everything to match. But since it was a htib system, it all matched anyways.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja

Amp/Receiver - black
Speakers - cherry, oak
Sub(s) - oak
Sources - black
AV furniture - black, oak
Other

I would change the setup to all matching (can't afford to now) and higher efficiency speakers.

Amplification/receiver.

I really like my subs to match the main speakers, but if they're black (mains are cherry), it's okay because of all the black in the gear and speaker grills. I guess that translates into an "8".

V

Volta

Audioholic Intern
Amp/Receiver: Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva USP-1
Speakers: AV123 Rockets (rosewood)
Sub(s): MFW-15 x2 (rosewood)
Sources: Sony DVD player, Sony Blu-ray, Music Hall Turntable, Wii, Ipod
AV furniture: VTI audio rack
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Acoustic treatments

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? speakers, sub

8, it is important that there is a consistency with my set up. I do like for everything to match

S

snowmanstu1110

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver - Denon 1910 (Black)

2. Speakers - Infinity Beta 20 L/R, Beta c250 Center, thespeakercompany P5 SL/SR, Onkyo SRL/SRR (All Black)

3. Sub(s) - Outlaw Audio LFM-EX (Black)

4. Sources - Panasonic TH50PZ80u (black), Sony Playstation 3 (black), custom built HTPC (black)

5. AV furniture - Prepac Manhattan AV stand/storage (Expresso)

6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Projector/Screen

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Front Soundstage

1 - Sub tucks between the couch and a partial wall so you only see it when walking by and then only the front/back can be seen.

H

hawkerman

Audioholic Intern

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha, black
2. Speakers - Axiom Audio, cherry
3. Sub(s) - HSU, black
4. Sources - Panasonic plasma screen and blu-ray, black
5. AV furniture - Studio Tech 22D, Rosewood/black
6. Other

I would get a larger center channel speaker

I would add a power amp

1, it didn't matter at all. It is barely visible in the room.

russcenter

russcenter

Audiophyte
1) Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR307 (black)
Fronts: Paradigm Export Bipolar (circa 1996) (faux oak, matte black)
Center: The Speaker Company RC-1 (faux oak, matte black)
Sub: SVSound PB12–NSD (matte black)
Surrounds: NONE! ACK! (invisible!)
Sources: PS3 Bluray/DVD; XBOX 360 Media Center Extender, Panasonic TH-46PZ80U Plasma TV (all glossy black)
Furnture: Expensive cherry wood cabinet that my wife bought and can't find a brand... (real cherry wood, glossy finish)

2) Definitely add surrounds, much newer fronts (Aperions would rock!), add HD stations other than locals (but I hate Comcast WAY too much to pay them $$$), HD DVR

3) Upgrade: Fronts... before that I'd like to ADD surrounds

4) 5 for me, but 10 if I think of WAF... The sub is out of the line of site, so not easy to see, but my wife hates that it is matte black. She'd much rather have everything cherry (meh) to match other furniture, or at least glossy piano black (my preference) so it looks "classy."

B

birru

Audiophyte
  • Amp/Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 (black)
  • Speakers: Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 (gloss black), PowerMonitor 700 (L+R, gloss black), ProMonitor 100 (SL+SR, matte black)
  • Sub(s): AV123 MFW-15 (moho veneer)
  • Sources: Sony PlayStation 3 (Blu-ray+games+streaming video, black), Microsoft Xbox 360 (Netflix+Zune rentals+games, white), Nintendo Wii (white), TiVo HD (TV+Amazon+podcasts, black), Onkyo DV-HD805 (HD-DVD/DVD, black), Airport Express (music, white), Pro-Ject Xpression III turntable
  • AV furniture: Ikea Niklas unit (silver+beech), Bell'O SP-300 speaker stands (L+R black ), SP-200 (SL+SR, black), Sanus SFC18 speaker stand (C, black), Auralex Subdude
  • Other: Panasonic PT-AE900U projector (silver), Elite Screens CineTension 2 100" 16:9 screen (black case)

I would like a brighter, higher contrast 1080p projector now that they are more affordable. I would like to treat my room to smooth bass response and reduce reflections. I want to replace my Ikea shelves with better furniture or a built-in wall unit. I also plan to mount my screen in-ceiling.

Probably the projector. They've improved so rapidly.

Roughly 4. A good sub is never tiny, so I prefer that it at least make an attempt to resemble furniture. A quality black finish is acceptable. If finishes are available in real wood veneers that look good and complement my furniture, that's a nice bonus, and I may pay a small premium for the option. It's not at all important that the subwoofer match my speakers or gear. I also don't mind that the rest of my speakers look like speakers.

C

cgilker

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver - Yamaha HTR-5560 black
Speakers - Front L/R mains - Axiom M2 black
Sub(s) - Energy EXL-S8
Sources - Sony 200 disc CD changer, Samsung DVD player
AV furniture - none
Other - none

I would like to add a center channel, and surrounds

Receiver. Mine is "old" and has limited inputs.

2 - Doesn't matter much to me, must meet some minimum WAF.

Y

yoleiric

Enthusiast
Xth Anniversary

1. Amp/Receiver - Krell 300i, (dated) brushed aluminum
2. Speakers - Platinum Audio Solo, bird's eye maple
3. Sub(s) - (none)
4. Sources - cd player, iTunes
5. AV furniture - (none)
6. Other - (none)

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Well, I actually only have a stereo system, so just having one would be a change.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Tough question, I suppose I would say replacing the antiquated TV

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). This question is not applicable to me. However, if getting one, it'd be nice to either have it concealed or matching, so 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis