Enter to Win: $100 off VTF-3 MK2 Sub from Hsu!

Where in room is it practical to place your subwoofer(s)?

• Front left corner

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • Front right corner

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Rear left corner

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Rear right corner

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Front center

• Nearfield right of couch

• Nearfield left of couch

• Nearfield behind couch

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Other-Please describe in the forum

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leeyongfui

Audiophyte
home theatre room size

The home theatre room size I have is 14x20x8 . There is a door close to left front speaker. I wish to get a better sub to really enhance the sound effect. Please give one coupon! thanks.:)

J

JonSilver1

Audiophyte
My home theater room is 18 feet wide by 14 feet deep by 8 feet high. Have a PT-AE900-U front projector and 96" Carada Screen. The room in in my basement and is 99% light controlled.

J

jeff010

Audiophyte
Room Dimensions

My room size is 20x15, but the room is attached and fully open to a dining room (10x15). The combined open room size is 36x15. Ceilings are 10 ft.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Music/home theater room

Contest Question: What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).

My home theater is in my family room, which has the dimensions of 9' x 15' x 15.' There are four sides of my family room: two sides have connecting walls (one of which has a fireplace), a third side has a 4-foot back wall, and the fourth side is open to two adjoining hallways. My TV sits diagonal in the corner where the walls are connected to maximize the viewing area of all the sitting positions spread across the sides against the back wall and the open hallways. In short, this room is far from ideal for a home theater. That is why subwoofer placement has been awkward over the years. I have experimented with the placement of my subwoofer in three places -- hidden behind my TV in the corner, to the right of my right front speaker, and in the middle of the boundary next to an open hallway -- before settling on its current location: hidden under my coffee table in front of my sofa that is along the back wall.

P

Phillip Tran

Enthusiast
My Odd shape room-where should the Sub goes?

Well my room has odd shape for HT.

It is 3 sided room ; where the right side is open and joins dinining room which also opens and joins the kitchen. The left side is 12 ft w/ large window; back side is about 7fit. TV location is off to the left infront of the sitting area. I don't know where to place the Sub?

..(fire place)
-------_____------------|______|
| (TV) ...Dining ..Kitchen
||
||
|| .._________________
| sofa |
|------------

L

lincolnhayes

Audioholic Intern
sub

Room is 20 x 20 with an opening to the kitchen on the right side. I also have hardwood floors which I plan on cover with an area rug to help soak up some noise. My sub is in the front left corner out of any sight lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis