Enter to Win: $100 off VTF-3 MK2 Sub from Hsu!

Where in room is it practical to place your subwoofer(s)?

• Front left corner

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • Front right corner

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Rear left corner

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Rear right corner

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Front center

• Nearfield right of couch

• Nearfield left of couch

• Nearfield behind couch

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Other-Please describe in the forum

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigpow

Audioholic Intern
Front Center gets my vote, simple because it looks symmetrical.

F

Florida

Audiophyte
I have room openings at the left and right rear points of my HT room, otherwise the placement is wide open.

K

kgb540

Audioholic
21X31X9.5 Dedicated HT/2 channel room. Non-parallel walls (vertically), acoustic treatments and staging from mulit-row seating. Its nice being able to build these items yourself. I have made accomidations to allow placement of a sub(s) virtually anywhere within the room.

K

KrisJ

Junior Audioholic
Front right for me, too near the couch and it gets used as a cofee table with drinks spilt all over it

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
I would love left front, but it always sounds boomy. Left side wall works the best in my fairly large room. Six year old VFT-2 does a great job, especially music.

Nick

D

dewseto

Audiophyte
21'Lx13'Wx8'H
Window front right, Double sliding doors rear right. Gas fireplace in between with marble or granite slab hearth and mantle
Hardwood floor
Open entry way at rear left
Noisy HVAC and water heater behind louvered doors at rear (sigh....)

inmypjs

inmypjs

Junior Audioholic
I can only place my subwoofer in one place.:( Next to my tv, placed behind the front right speaker. If it's small enough it may fit behind the left frony speaker.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Contest Question: What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).
Living Room, 25' long, 17' wide, 8' high.
My sub is broken, so my speakers are set to large. They all have 10" woofers, and my center has 2x 12" woofers.

The room is a rectangle, and I have the room setup 2 ways. 1 way for the TV, and another for the projector. On the small end of the rectangle, there is a sliding glass patio door. I have my projector screen above it. And all the speakers orientated facing the screen. On the wall to the rt of this wall, is a long wall where the entertainment center and TV is at.

So when watching a movie / TV using the projector, I have the surround sound on, when watching TV using the TV, I use 7channel stereo.

I hope this makes sense.

Reo

C

cabellero

Audiophyte
Finished basement, 18 * 11 * 7.5. The right side is an exposed staircase. The back right side opens into the other half of an 'L' shaped basement. I have a low-end velodyne right now ...definitely in need of new gear!

Y

yellowsub

Audiophyte
15x20 feet, 8 feet ceilings. Open island in the back. I keep it in the front left.

P

pclink427

Audiophyte
What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater

1)What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).
Ans...Our music/home theater room is a family room/kitchen combination. I am in the process of piecing together (limited budget) the component system and will be asking many questions in the "Forums" section. Our home is 56 years old. Room dimensions are 8 X 14 X 29 the kitchen counter divides the room at 20 ft. Walls are 1/2" dryall with blown in type insulation in the one exterior wall, wainscot from floor up 40"around entire room. Exterior wall has two 3 x 4 ft. windows and one door. Ceiling is 1/2" drywall with combination of blown in and fiberglass insulation. Floor construction is 3/4" X 6" pine boards placed diagionally across floor joists, tar paper vapor barrier, 3/4" X 3" pine flooring on top of tar paper, one layer of rosin paper on pine flooring and 3/4" X 4" oak flooring is new floor. Kitchen floor has same base but there is 1/2" cement board and porcelain tile. Thanks, G

P

paintrodsey

Enthusiast
My dimension are about 20'x35'x11'.
The only problem with my room is I need a sub that does not take up much floor space. Also a choice of different veneers to help make it look good helps(WFA).

S

segway

Audiophyte
20x25x8 Room has an open opening on the side and back. I keep my sub right behind the couch in the back against the side wall.

A

acexglobal

Audiophyte
15x20 with 7 feet ceilings. Open wall to the dining room. I place the sub to left of the front tv.

J

jdbwolverines

Audioholic Intern
My room is 16 x 20 with 10 foot ceilings. It also has a partially open rear area that leads into the kitchen. It is kind of a really weird multi level house, so the kitchen floor is pry like 6' above the floor of my theater area, but has surprisingly little affect on the acoustics.

R

Richard Berg

Audioholic Intern
About 24' long by 20' wide. There's a staircase (1 flight) against the rear wall and an open balcony along the 2nd floor. Ceiling slopes from about 12' (boundary wall on the right side) to 18' (bedroom walls on 2nd floor / left side). Brick flooring on 1st floor, wood on 2nd floor, drywall all around. Two doors on the left side to 1st floor bedrooms, ditto on 2nd floor, and 1 other door in the rear left to the rest of the house. Boundary wall has sliding glass doors roughly 18' long and 9' high, blackout curtains en route.

T

Tackleberry

Audiophyte
12' (W) x 19' (L) x 8' (H), regular ceiling, carpeted. Two open doorways (about 48" wide) and 3 windows. Couch, loveseat and ottoman.

G

GSH

Audiophyte
What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).
Ans: My room is 10' H X 16' W X 15' L. It is our family room and it has a half wall opening (opening is abt 7ft square) and a doorway to the kitchen/nook, which has dimension (10' H, 11' W, 19' L). Listening position is on a sofa and chair, right at half wall, close to the opening to the kitchen. Limited spot for the subwoofer, such that it can look attractive in the room.

E

edwin888

Audiophyte
20x35 with 10 feet ceilings. The left side has an open wall about, 1/3 the size of the room. I place the sub in the front left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis