Enter to Win: $100 off VTF-3 MK2 Sub from Hsu!

Where in room is it practical to place your subwoofer(s)?

• Front left corner

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • Front right corner

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Rear left corner

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Rear right corner

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Front center

• Nearfield right of couch

• Nearfield left of couch

• Nearfield behind couch

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Other-Please describe in the forum

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
HSU Research wants your opinion!

Hsu Research is offering five (5) $100 off coupons any single VTF-3 MK2 model sub to forum members that answer the question below in this forum. Coupons are good through 12/31/06 and can not be used in conjunction with any other special or promotional offer.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Respond to the poll above and answer the question below in this contest thread:

Contest Question: What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Hmm, I am thinking - - - -
That I need 10 of them---
Then I would place them in the center of the room -
Put a mattress on them, and use it as my main sleeping area.. (12x19x8)
Great for a massage...

Oh, actually - what was the question....:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
16x12x8. 2 doors (one blocked by subwoofer) and a Window on one 16 foot wall (door that isn't blocked on the other).

My room is Hella ugly, containing wood-board and plaster covered drywall with a bare concrete floor. I hope to tear it all down and re do it HT style some day, but I fear I may have moved out by then... :(

I just realized that I need US residence...

...damnit all to hell.

SheepStar

T

tdubnrae

Enthusiast
The room is 16x24 with a vaulted ceiling to 17'. The back is open to the kitchen and one side leads to the dining area. Two other hallways lead to bedrooms. A very open room that I'm just getting around to fill with Home Theater Equipment. I'll need a few coupons for two subs.

J

JAD2

I listen with my mouth open...
My room is 12x16 and has and opening and door in front. Sub going there just disperses out the large opening to the kitchen and sounds muddy. The back wall has a set of windows on one side and does the same thing kinda when its open, so next to the couch on the wall with nothing, disperses great and everyone thats been over said, how is those little speakers so bassy. Look to the side of the couch, under the table, OOOOOOOHH!!

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).

16 x 20 x 10. It opens up 1/2 of a wall to the dining room and has a corner fireplace. There is 1/2 a wall open at the top that overlooks the foyer. and the open staircase sits between the dining room and the foyer. A true acoustical nightmare! I've got it set up so the openings are not much of a problem...so not that big of a deal. Oh, an I beam drops down a foot and cuts the room in half.

C

cyngreen

Enthusiast
Finished basement media room, 15x22. Another one with an open staircase - this to the main floor. Subwoofer in upper left hand corner is about the best acoustical position.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
my room is 24x13, with a frame shaped ceilings. starts at 6feet against the longer walls and goes up to 8 feet in the middle.

sounds decent.

J

JonnyOzero3

Audioholic Intern
Dedicated = Flexibility

I chose every answer in the poll because I can place subs wherever I want :) It's nice to be a single guy with a dedicated HT space.

Here is the layout of my room:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/109804667/1469617395045692689xagSir

The position of furniture, etc has changed (due to the null right at the couch), but that's what the space looks like. My HK AVR-435 has done an admirable job dealing with room modes.

Last edited:
T

tol1488

Audiophyte
17' x 28' with 8' ceilings (WxLxH)

two windows and door on right wall (28' long)

open 1/3 of left wall, partially open (island) the remainder

back wall has stairs leading up and hallway both to the right (1/4 of wall) if facing that wall

Hardwood flooring, Hart Pine board walls.

Sub is in front right corner.

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
14x16x8
Nothing special about the layout; two doorways, only one with a door.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
HT size

15.5' x W x 24' L x 7' H (Drop ceiling).

Entry is about half way on left side with a door about 3 feet from the left front that goes to the laundry room.

Nothing special about the room right now, but its on the list!

B

BMO

Junior Audioholic
Log home,cieling start at 3',rise to 12, back down to 3'.( North to South)
Entertainment center sits on North wall, primary listening area 25' x 16.Room opens up,to 25'x 33' w/ 8x10 bathroom taking one corner.A half wall separates listening area from kitchen.
West wall has a 2x1'-2" soffit( floor up) windows takes up 3/4 of the wall ,sofit to cieling.
There is also a door on south wall and a stair well going down stairs next to bath room.
Front corners (North wall) have DIY bass traps,Ceilings have 2x4 bass traps dirrectly behing main speakers. Because of the slooped roof there are at same level as speakers which set on 1'2" cubed base.Cielings behind listening area also have bass traps,they are 6'6 off floor.( sloped with cieling.)
Entire room is wood, walls,floors,
and cieling. 1 large throw rug sits in primary listening area with 2 recliners on it.8' sofa sits up against 1/2 wall.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I listed front right corner, actually it would be about 1/3 back on the right with another one 1/3 front on the right.

Room dimenesions are 15'6" X 23' X 7'6"

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
18x14x7.5 family room with a 5' opening in the NE corner into a 5000 cube dining kitchen area which opens to another 2000 cube living room. I have my sub corner loaded in my NW corner on concrete slab. I actually get great performance.

S

sdheda

Audiophyte
My home theater room is my living room. The approximate dimensions are 19'x17'x8'.

There is nothing special about the room itself. The entrance is to the front left, therefore, I need to place the sub to the front right. The rear has a huge sliding door, on which I use veritcal blinds to keep the light out. The seating is approximately 12' away from the RPTV.

I am currently using an all Athena speaker setup, including the AS-p400 sub. Although I think it is a great sub, I need something that will fill up the room more, and the VTF-3 MKII will be an excellent choice.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Contest Question: What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).

approx. 13' X 21' X 8' Rectangle with the left rear corner cut off at a 45 degree. There are two open doorways and one door. A picture window with one double hung window on each end of it. (Typical rancher style living room with the 45 open door way)

I run a 5.1 system with the sub in the front left corner 6" off the long side wall and approx 18" - 24" off the short front wall that the TV is on. When I buy new speakers I will experiment with other locations which will include front left and right and to the left and right of the main LP along the side walls.

Come on 7's,
SBF1

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
Front Right Corner. I prefer right over left, but thats just me ;)

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic

My room is in the shape of a seven. I've got my system set up in the long rectangular section which is roughly 20.5' L x 15' W x 8' H. The leftover area is 9' W x 11' L x 8' H. Floor is carpeted. The couch is located about 11' from the tv.

One odd feature in my room is in the setup of my surround speakers. One of my windows is directly across from a wall that I wanted to use to mount the speaker. And, on the other surround, my laundry room door is across from the wall next to the window, so my surround speakers are not across from each other.

The best place for me is the front right corner of the seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis