Enter to Win: $100 off VTF-3 MK2 Sub from Hsu!

Where in room is it practical to place your subwoofer(s)?

• Front left corner

Votes: 34 37.0%
  • Front right corner

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Rear left corner

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Rear right corner

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Front center

• Nearfield right of couch

• Nearfield left of couch

• Nearfield behind couch

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Other-Please describe in the forum

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
My sub is in my family room about 1/4 to 1/3 up the right wall when facing the screen. It's a fairly monstrous beast and was moved from the front wall - about 1/3rd off the right wall. I can basically put it about anywhere though. My family room is typical - fireplace on one side, L-shaped section couch on the other that faces the fireplace and then turns to face the plasma/projector. About a 15x17 foot space with 9' ceilings. Open to the kitchen on the back side.

Heck - a picture is easier to show it all... (no fireplace in this view)

S

schoultz

Audiophyte
I'm currently waiting for my house to be built. The living room, 20LX18WX9H, has a large opening to the kitchen in the left right corner. The room will be pre-wired with connections for subwoofers in the right front corner and middle rear wall.

K

kobojen

Audiophyte
Dedicated media room 14' x 24' with 11' ceilings one door and three windows with controlled lighting shades.

F

fw3308

Audiophyte
13' x 25' with 8' ceilings. On the right hand side of the room are 4 windows and one door opening to my kitchen (22' x 24' w/8' ceilings). And on the left hand side is a door opening (8' wide) that is connected to a main hallway that runs the length of our house. Room is carpeted, kitchen is all hardwood floors and entry way is slate tile with the hallway it connects to being carpeted as well.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
My dedicated home theater room is located in my basement and is approximately 8x14x27 in size (3000+ cu. ft.) with two openings on the right side of the room at each end. The openings lead to another area that's almost the exact same size. Here's a small rough drawing:

Sub is located in the top left hand corner of the room, indicated by the red 'X'.

Attachments

M

minnichs

Enthusiast
Yes!!!!!

:eek:
Just practicing

My room is 22 X 20, nine foot ceilings, carpet, five large windows, and a stone fire place. I am in the process of seting up a 7.1 system so this would be ideal.
Thank you Hsu!

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
We have a dedicated home theater of approximate 12' x 20' (10' tray ceiling) with a 3' side entrance hallway that has a closet with component rack. We also have 7.1 surround sound pre-wired in the master bedroom that's about 15' x19' (10' ceiling).

I guess, we could put subwoofers just about anywhere we wanted.

B

Bigdog

Audiophyte
My room

My room is kind of small only 12' X 14'x 10'(h) and is shareing with the computer and a desk, but it is only for pure 2 chennels musics.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Our a/v room is also our great room/living room. It's 23'x28'xvaulted ceiling (average ~9'). Since the tv fits in the corner, it sits angled out into the room. The sub (STF-3) fits nicely behind the entertainment cabinet. Another one would go just fine in the opposite (rear) corner! :D

C

CUBE

Audioholic Intern
My room is 20x15x10 and has an open kitchen with hallway and it also has a vaulted ceiling towards the back. Floor is partially carpeted and tiled. Right now my sub is in the right corner of the room, I find that it gives me more impact there. So my choice is front right corner. Good Luck everyone.

J

jickie

Enthusiast
22/16/12(ht) room
hardwood
building my system
HDTV/CRT
got a 7.1 receiver
2 book shelves
next in line is center speakers, sub, rear channel (my existing fronts may become rear channel as I will be getting new), surround speakers.
Later plan on getting a projector

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
My room is approximately 14' x 30' x 9'. It has an opening on the rear wall to the kitchen and a window. The front wall has a double window next to the front door. There is a stairway to the second floor or basement on the left. The room was once my living room and dining room before I knocked down a wall.:cool:

D

dkordonowy

Audioholic Intern
Tom Andry said:
Contest Question: What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).[/INDENT]
The room is about 10'x20'x18' and has an open section (double doors) to the dining room (also 10'x20'x18'). Very thin walls/floors/ceilings probably make the entire house the acoustic space for my sub to work (good luck Dr. Hsu!).

M

Mackie

Audiophyte
room is difficult

30lx17wx12h - it's a living room/kitchen combo.

5 foot opening to foyer along one wall

5 foor opening to short hallway on short wall.

The room is murder for bass, but good for music listening.

J

JasonH

Audiophyte
I have a dedicated theater room which is 12 X 17 X 8. The walls are all fiberglass insulated with a 5/8 sheetrock face. The floor is concrete with carpet installed and the ceilling is acoustical tile. It has a knee wall on the outside boundaries which is four feet high with a 10 inch shelf. One small window covered with thick drapes. Two doors, one to a closet were the equipment is and the other is the entrance which is set at a 45 degree angle.

C

Christopher__BA

Junior Audioholic
dimensions

13x24X8 (W,L,H)

two four foot openings on one wall (to get to the kitchen)

one wall mostly is a sliding-glass door

two windows on the opposite wall (of the sliding-glass)

I love my home theater room and would love to add another sub to my current JBL (or if good enough, replace it)

Thanks!!

S

sy527x

Audioholic Intern
My room...

Though not a dedicated home theater room because I live in an apartment, my room dimensions are about 24' X 20' with 8' high ceilings. There is one door in the back left corner of the room and an opening to the kitchen and dining area in the back right corner of the room.

B

BobBart

Audioholic
My main room is approx 14x16 with openings on the left front on rear left. I usually place the sub in the front right corner.

A

auge.dog

Junior Audioholic
What are the approximate dimensions (HxWxD) of your music/home theater room (describe in detail any open floorplans, unique room features, etc).

9x14x18. The kitchen opens up to the main activity room, call it a family room or whatever. It is where are primary TV and music system is located. We have a 37" LCD at the far end of the room, away from the kitchen. The sub is underneath a table, near the front left corner, and near the side of a large chair.

B

bersik

Junior Audioholic
My current home theater room is pretty small with approximate dimensions of 8 X 12 X 12. This creates interesting dynamics in regards to reflection of sound waves. The room is 100% closed but contains a door, window, 3 X 6 storage add-on and sheet rock - all considerations to be aware of when selection a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis