haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
The beatings will continue until you start liking everything on the touchscreen and buried in 5 levels-deep menus!
j/k aside, while I could do some basic temp control on my KIA EV9, some critical functions like Climate Auto, Climate Off, AC ON/OFF, External Air intake - These are only on touchscreen and some hidden at least one level deep.
Airbus is all fly-by-wire .... is there anything critical that is not a physical button?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Airbus is all fly-by-wire .... is there anything critical that is not a physical button?
It is fly by wire, so are most modern cars these days, but the pilot isn't poking around a bunch of screens to find things. He has a console with all critical controls at his disposal. My 2011 STI already had throttle by wire back then.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
as already correctly replied by J_Garcia. Drive-by-wire and touchscreen controls are apples and oranges. It's all electronics under the surface. The question is of user control - 100% prefer physical controls and no they don't have to be mechanical levers and pullies.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
as already correctly replied by J_Garcia. Drive-by-wire and touchscreen controls are apples and oranges. It's all electronics under the surface. The question is of user control - 100% prefer physical controls and no they don't have to be mechanical levers and pullies.
I just want buttons

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis