Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Let me know how it sounds and what you think of the center !
Hiya Mark! The JBL is crispy and clear. I had no problem understanding the dialog, although I did have the subtitles on in case. Thanks for encouraging me to get it, Mark. I really like the movie, but I need a re-watch to catch some stuff I might have missed. Beautiful looking movie with some nice Bass and surrounds. I need to hook up my surrounds and atmos speakers in my room. I watched it in 3.2 and enjoyed it. Looking forward to the 2nd part. Reminded me of Star Wars in some scenes.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Hiya Mark! The JBL is crispy and clear. I had no problem understanding the dialog, although I did have the subtitles on in case. Thanks for encouraging me to get it, Mark. I really like the movie, but I need a re-watch to catch some stuff I might have missed. Beautiful looking movie with some nice Bass and surrounds. I need to hook up my surrounds and atmos speakers in my room. I watched it in 3.2 and enjoyed it. Looking forward to the 2nd part. Reminded me of Star Wars in some scenes.
It’s a good center I think and they are great for movies always clear and they can pack a punch too and sound good with music glad you enjoy it .

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I got my hbomax subscription setup going to try it at home compare it in my room to what it was like at the theater. Curious to see what might be different

After that scary movie marathon!!!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I got my hbomax subscription setup going to try it at home compare it in my room to what it was like at the theater. Curious to see what might be different

After that scary movie marathon!!!
What's on the docket for your scary movie marathon?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure yet I have a small group of friends who watch movies with me here and we're all scary movie lovers so I've been watching a ton lately so I'm tapped out of ideas actually lol do you have any good suggestions?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wait what about the one you mentioned in a review you watched for some gear the Hollow man I'm not sure I got the name right that had the theme of finding your identity or something? Can't remember the title exactly but from your review it sounded really good.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also the audio for the stream video of Dune sucks compared to the theater I was at. Dialogue is low definetly compression on some of the dynamics and bass. I'm still going to watch it I'm craving a rewatch but I can't wait for the disc release to get it as true to the source as possible

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
What center channel is it again? You got me curious Lol
The S- Studio center that went with the old Studio L-310 and L-312 series it’s a 3 way with a curved front baffle . There actually a really good center channel and be had for less than a 100 bucks on eBay .

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Wait what about the one you mentioned in a review you watched for some gear the Hollow man I'm not sure I got the name right that had the theme of finding your identity or something? Can't remember the title exactly but from your review it sounded really good.
"The Empty Man", I liked it but it's a bit heady for a crowd. I would be looking more closely at crowd pleasers for a group. One that I saw recently that I enjoyed which I think would be a good one to watch as a group is "The Autopsy of Jane Doe." I think that is on Amazon Prime maybe. One I liked that might also be good that is definitely on Amazon is "The Last Exorcist." That ought to be fun to watch as a group. Another great one for a group is "Grave Encounters."

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
"The Empty Man", I liked it but it's a bit heady for a crowd. I would be looking more closely at crowd pleasers for a group. One that I saw recently that I enjoyed which I think would be a good one to watch as a group is "The Autopsy of Jane Doe." I think that is on Amazon Prime maybe. One I liked that might also be good that is definitely on Amazon is "The Last Exorcist." That ought to be fun to watch as a group. Another great one for a group is "Grave Encounters."
Sounds great thanks for the tips Shady I haven't seen any of those!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Sounds great thanks for the tips Shady I haven't seen any of those!
The last Exorcist is pretty good I just watched The Exorcist unrated the other night it’s surprising how well it was done all those years ago and the Blu-ray image is top notch as is the redone DTS soundtrack .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This would be hard to watch unless you read the books and understand the plot. JMHO
I do think having read the books kept me from scratching my head and wondering what was going on during some parts. Paul being a male, trained as a Bene Gesserit is a pretty big deal in the books. I think it's kinda glossed over in the movie. That said I really enjoyed my 2nd viewing and will likely watch it at least once more.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
In the books the Bene Gesserit are real bad-ass but the Jessica character in this movie, not so much. There are monuments, like when escaping from the "helicopter", I see what I see in the books.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis