Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I hope they do it in three. I see the new Dune left off at the same spot as the TV miniseries did with disc 1.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I hope they do it in three. I see the new Dune left off at the same spot as the TV miniseries did with disc 1.
It is a pretty logical place to break it. I watched the 1984 version the week this one came out and that seemed like the right point to stop it, since the story takes on a larger change at that point.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Christopher Walken as Emperor Shadam IV.
Excited.
Nov 3, 2023.
4 mos and counting!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Dune was the first movie we watched on the new 65" OLED. This is a good movie to check whether your TV is calibrated properly for black levels and contrast. Lots of dark scenes with fine contrast. Default movie mode was too dark with some scenes totally black lacking any grey shades. I'll come back to this movie again after I get a calibration disk and set things up better.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Lets return it to audio. When I was a young child we had a copy of this very disc, which I loved. My maternal grandfather was a great raconteur of stories. He used to tell this story and the whole events of Trafalgar Bay. It was one of my favorite stories.

Now we see audio progress.

We have made progress!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Lets return it to audio. When I was a young child we had a copy of this very disc, which I loved. My maternal grandfather was a great raconteur of stories. He used to tell this story and the whole events of Trafalgar Bay. It was one of my favorite stories.

Now we see audio progress.

We have made progress!
Let's return to the actual subject of this thread - The dune movie, and It's upcoming part 2, which I barely can wait for.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Let's return to the actual subject of this thread - The dune movie, and It's upcoming part 2, which I barely can wait for.
The trailers for Dune 2 look so awesome. I liked how they stayed so much closer to the novels in this remake. Although David Lynch's version was a lot of fun for its time.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I finally got around to watching the retake, 3 weeks ago. The "Paul' character was to laid back, IMO. But, it was an enjoyable retake. I watched the original a couple days before, as had a ripped copy from a rental DVD, back in the day.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I finally got around to watching the retake, 3 weeks ago. The "Paul' character was to laid back, IMO. But, it was an enjoyable retake. I watched the original a couple days before, as had a ripped copy from a rental DVD, back in the day.
Did you ever read the book?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like part 2 is likely to be moved to 2024 release due to SAG strike.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Did you ever read the book?
I've read Dune at least 5 times...and the other Herbert originals the same.
I like different things from all three versions.
I prefer Kyle Mclaughlin as Paul....Timothy C seemed too timid and wimpy to me. A good breeze would take him out, yet alone Feyd Rautha.

The 2000 miniseries was in many ways the best adaptation so far, as far as relaying the essence of the book.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis