Dune (2020) from Villeneuve

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I liked it. I liked it a lot! It is a slow burn of a movie but done well I thought. I think it's much better than the '84 version, especially on the special effects side which is to be expected. I think my main gripe would be the ending. There wasn't so much of a conclusion to anything so much as it just kinda randomly stopped. The Drinker has a pretty good take on it imo.

I guess part 2 isn't green lighted as of yet and dependant on the performance of this movie at the box office. I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if we don't get a conclusion. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and Josh makes a great Gurney Halleck!
"People staring off thoughtfully towards the horizon"

So then nothing happens in the film? ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Gosling in 2049. I felt the casting overall was pretty good in this Dune. Momoa was a pretty good Duncan Idaho even.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I liked Gosling in 2049. I felt the casting overall was pretty good in this Dune. Momoa was a pretty good Duncan Idaho even.
Agree. Was curious how Momoa got the eyebrow scar....got a pint glass smashed in his face by a guy named Dominic Bando (!) in a place called Birds Cafe....Mr Bando got five years, Jason got a cool scar that hasn't hurt him getting film roles.

Just watched this

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Saw this at home last night, laptop to BD to projector but only Dolby Prologic II audio?
Was impressed. It also came with an intermission. ;) :D
Also noticed audio was very low even though web site and laptop audio at max.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Saw this at home last night, laptop to BD to projector but only Dolby Prologic II audio?
Agreed I had to turn it up after the commercials. I liked it WAY better than the 1984 version but still felt bad for the people who had never read the book...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Gonna watch this weekend on my PJ. Put that thrifted JBL 3 way speaker center to work. Hopefully the dialog will be great on it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
On my firestick HBOMax mentioned it was available in Atmos, I don't have Atmos but got DD+.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Agreed I had to turn it up after the commercials. I liked it WAY better than the 1984 version but still felt bad for the people who had never read the book...
Usually most movies are at -18 on the volume, Blade runner (new) is at -30 but this Dune was -9 to keep wife happy but still had to make out some places. WOW.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis