Dual SVS PB-1000 Pro versus Dual Rythmik LV12F- does Servo Technology Matter?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
And how big is your room? That's actually relevant for the op as he's thinking about getting the same thing you have.
My room is 28 deep by 17 wide with an open floor plan with a bedroom door at one end and a kitchen entrance on the same end . My ceiling is 11 foot at the peak and goes down to 8 foot on the end walls . So it’s a big room we sit 12 feet from the front stage and screen. But I run a lot of power and use big towers by Yapo’s calculations I sit 16 feet from each sub that are in the front corners. I set these to factory spec -15 was to light I used -10 to get in the negative on the setup the avr sets them at -4.5 db on both subs . Gives me room to play up or down a little this setting is good for music and theater in my room . The peak in the middle of my room does create an echo that takes some creativity in placement of the whole system. My thoughts I’ve a big room these work great in it like I’ve said I’ve not pushed them hard yet where they didn’t sound powerful clean and very tight could I use bigger who couldn’t lol .

I think he’d like them !

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Outlaw Audio Ultra-X12 and Hsu VTF-2 mk5 definitely deserve consideration in this price range. If you are after performance, they probably offer more than the PB-1000 Pro or Rythmik LV12f.

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
The Outlaw Audio Ultra-X12 and Hsu VTF-2 mk5 definitely deserve consideration in this price range. If you are after performance, they probably offer more than the PB-1000 Pro or Rythmik LV12f.
My room is 28 deep by 17 wide with an open floor plan with a bedroom door at one end and a kitchen entrance on the same end . My ceiling is 11 foot at the peak and goes down to 8 foot on the end walls . So it’s a big room we sit 12 feet from the front stage and screen. But I run a lot of power and use big towers by Yapo’s calculations I sit 16 feet from each sub that are in the front corners. I set these to factory spec -15 was to light I used -10 to get in the negative on the setup the avr sets them at -4.5 db on both subs . Gives me room to play up or down a little this setting is good for music and theater in my room . The peak in the middle of my room does create an echo that takes some creativity in placement of the whole system. My thoughts I’ve a big room these work great in it like I’ve said I’ve not pushed them hard yet where they didn’t sound powerful clean and very tight could I use bigger who couldn’t lol .

I think he’d like them !
Your room is probably about 4.5 times my room volume! So yes, they should fill my room well.

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
Thanks for the input. Just to go over my situation I have a 10 by 12 enclosed room that I will be using for a mixture of music and HT.

What advantages would the Outlaw and the Hsu bring to the table?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for the input. Just to go over my situation I have a 10 by 12 enclosed room that I will be using for a mixture of music and HT.

What advantages would the Outlaw and the Hsu bring to the table?
A little more headroom and spl. Which is never a bad thing, especially in the same price range. Remember me saying we tend to nudge towards "more than you need"? The other side of that coins is "you can never have too much" when it comes to subwoofage. More headroom also gives you a little more room for integration and eq'ing. Given a choice, if in the same price range, I'll always choose more over less.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Your room is probably about 4.5 times my room volume! So yes, they should fill my room well.
It can be a difficult room to setup for too pretty open and very reflective by nature . With that being said I’d definitely check out the other choices put forth here for ya too . Could I have went better and bigger indeed I could have but the features these come with are Legit if you like to play around with them the app is cool to use .

Iam not sure you can go to big with subs in any room well mabey you can but duel anything is always better and duel any brand that’s quality built I’d have to think you’d be happy with .

Now to be honest Iam still playing with them on placement and they do seem to sound best in this room in the front corners ideal placement probably not but it’s what I’ve got to work with . And so far I like them truthfully I probably need 4 but placement doesn’t allow for that . I can’t imagine these not fill your room or honestly the others mentioned . Do your research ask more questions from these guys they won’t steer you wrong . Even try some out if you can .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
A little more headroom and spl. Which is never a bad thing, especially in the same price range. Remember me saying we tend to nudge towards "more than you need"? The other side of that coins is "you can never have too much" when it comes to subwoofage. More headroom also gives you a little more room for integration and eq'ing. Given a choice, if in the same price range, I'll always choose more over less.
Agree with this 100% there’s no substitute for clean dynamic headroom be it subs or your main bed layer aswell.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
They also give you a bit deeper extension. Both can comfortably dig under 20Hz. The elbow of the response for the PB-1000 Pro and LV12F occurs above 20Hz. What is more, in the case of the Outlaw Audio sub, it has a nice finish and a plexiglass top. Of course, with shipping, it is more expensive than the others, but it's a nicer-looking sub for sure.

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
They also give you a bit deeper extension. Both can comfortably dig under 20Hz. The elbow of the response for the PB-1000 Pro and LV12F occurs above 20Hz. What is more, in the case of the Outlaw Audio sub, it has a nice finish and a plexiglass top. Of course, with shipping, it is more expensive than the others, but it's a nicer-looking sub for sure.
I have definitely added the Outlaw to my list but I have pretty much excluded the Hsu you suggested and the Monolith others have recommended due to the small size of my room and the large size of these subs.

I look at my old BIC sub in the room and when I imagine the Monolith at nearly twice the volume I just can’t see that happening. The Hsu is a bit smaller Monolith but still about 40% larger than the SVS. So I am making some of the decision based on size. I don’t want to have placement issues.

It is a small room, that presents both opportunities and liabilities.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have definitely added the Outlaw to my list but I have pretty much excluded the Hsu you suggested and the Monolith others have recommended due to the small size of my room and the large size of these subs.

I look at my old BIC sub in the room and when I imagine the Monolith at nearly twice the volume I just can’t see that happening. The Hsu is a bit smaller Monolith but still about 40% larger than the SVS. So I am making some of the decision based on size. I don’t want to have placement issues.

It is a small room, that presents both opportunities and liabilities.
Is the VTF-2 MK5 that much bigger? The one I linked is their biggest one. The VTF-2 is smaller. Still bigger than the 1000, but not by a whole lot.

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
Is the VTF-2 MK5 that much bigger? The one I linked is their biggest one. The VTF-2 is smaller. Still bigger than the 1000, but not by a whole lot.

7740 cubic inches for the Hsu versus 5670 for the 1000 Pro and 4403 for my old BIC V1220.

The Monolith chimes in at 8609 and the Outlaw James likes is 6354.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
7740 cubic inches for the Hsu versus 5670 for the 1000 Pro and 4403 for my old BIC V1220.

The Monolith chimes in at 8609 and the Outlaw James likes is 6354.
I was looking at the dimensions posted in the specs. The VTF-3 is 2" taller and deeper than the 1000. Both have the same width tho.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The 1000’s are a smaller footprint than my jbl subs they replaced height and width wise but they are deeper it with like 3 times the power and spl . I did read his room size back in the thread way smaller than mine I’d think for the trial and error period the SVS would be a good try for him . I do understand size limitations in a room that size too I think if placement is done as close as possible to optimize them they’d rock that room .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Given room size, yes, the PB1000 Pros would be quite satisfactory. :)
My thoughts aswell heck if they work in this large room I’ve got I think he’d be impressed with these in his room .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The 1000’s are a smaller footprint than my jbl subs they replaced height and width wise but they are deeper it with like 3 times the power and spl . I did read his room size back in the thread way smaller than mine I’d think for the trial and error period the SVS would be a good try for him . I do understand size limitations in a room that size too I think if placement is done as close as possible to optimize them they’d rock that room .
Yeah, it's tough to beat SVS' return policy. I think he's gonna be happy with a pair of 1000s. They should do fine in that small room.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The app is very convenient also, I love that thing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a 10 by 12 room. Our AVR is a Denon 3700 and our main speakers are Monitor Audio Silver S6 with matching center. Surrounds are Primus P162. Our previous sub was a BIC V1220.

While the subs will almost certainly work hardest for home theater I do want something that also works well for serious music listening. I primarily listen to classic rock but some jazz and classical does get into my mix now and then.

I am still mostly sold on the SVS but I wonder if the servo technology of the Rythmik might give me somewhat better performance for music.

I realize that dual of either one of these will be a huge jump in performance for us but I am wondering the Rythmik might have advantages for music while still being great for HT.

Any opinions on this?

Thanks.
Im running with two Rythmik subs, an LV12-R (port in the rear as opposed to port in the front and no room EQ) and the LV12-F and Im more then happy with the results. The performance between the Rythmik and SVS subs are equivalent but as far as I know, the Rythmiks maybe cheaper than SVS due to their recent price increase.

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
Im running with two Rythmik subs, an LV12-R (port in the rear as opposed to port in the front and no room EQ) and the LV12-F and Im more then happy with the results. The performance between the Rythmik and SVS subs are equivalent but as far as I know, the Rythmiks maybe cheaper than SVS due to their recent price increase.
Thanks to everyone that gave constructive input.

I just order two SVS subs Friday 10/1 before the price increase.

I did give a lot of thought to a couple of other subs but the no risk trial and the looming price increase drove me to the SVS PB-1000 Pros.

I am quite pleased with all the constructive input and understanding of my room, my budget and my listening preferences.

As I said, thanks for all the constructive input.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thanks to everyone that gave constructive input.

I just order two SVS subs Friday 10/1 before the price increase.

I did give a lot of thought to a couple of other subs but the no risk trial and the looming price increase drove me to the SVS PB-1000 Pros.

I am quite pleased with all the constructive input and understanding of my room, my budget and my listening preferences.

As I said, thanks for all the constructive input.
I have had them the Pb 1000 pros for several months now I really enjoy them . I’ve a big room and they don’t seem to lack in room filling performance in my use . They took a little playing with as far as placement in the front of my room and eq as Iam limited to front placement but Iam very happy with them . Enjoy your subs !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis