Dual SVS PB-1000 Pro versus Dual Rythmik LV12F- does Servo Technology Matter?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The room is closed off- it is a bedroom or hat is being repurposed.
I’d stake out the monolith 12” subs. A pair of those will absolutely keep you happy for years to come, and can be moved to a larger room.
Reviews of the PB1000 Pros are pretty positive, to the extent that upgrading to the 2000 Pros is kind of defeating.

But for the investment toward what the future may bring... Mono 12". ;)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I just hit 8 minutes and now I know what he was talking about. It gets even deeper! Like low 20s or possibly even subsonic! Pretty cool.
Oh I gotta check that out. I have HT stuff I gotta do that I haven't had time or the peace and quiet to do. Run Audyssey through the Audyssey app and move sub to near field. No time lately.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
I’d stake out the monolith 12” subs. A pair of those will absolutely keep you happy for years to come, and can be moved to a larger room.
Reviews of the PB1000 Pros are pretty positive, to the extent that upgrading to the 2000 Pros is kind of defeating.

We are going to live in this house until we can’t live independently anymore so a larger room is not of any concern for us.

As for the 2000, it does seem those are not a significant upgrade, at least for our purposes.

The Monoliths are well reviewed but really heavy!

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I whole heartedly second this recommendation too! I keep forgetting about Monoprice for some reason and they have been killing it with high quality audio gear. I really, really like their monolith series subs. I'd be very happy to own one.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
We are going to live in this house until we can’t live independently anymore so a larger room is not of any concern for us.

The Monoliths are well reviewed but really heavy!
They are heavy, but built like tanks. I've been really impressed with Monoprice lately.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Oh wow, I had that on my list until I saw the reviews. Maybe have to give it a few minutes to hear this bass.

Lol not the best story but really killer bass !

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have the original PB 1000 and now a PB 2000 Pro. I'm using both together I was in a unique position I think. Like I said I had the PB 1000 and it's great, but just too small for my room. I needed something in a pinch when I bought it and it was right in budget. When I wanted to pick up the bass I kinda just skipped the brand new PB 1000 Pro because I had the PB 1000 and just didn't want to take a chance it not being enough so I thought just go up one model to the PB 2000 Pro. I love it too death, LOVE it but curious what the PB 1000 Pro sounds.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Oh I'm using the PB 2000 pro and PB 1000 together, not ideal but I'm making it work.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I just hit 8 minutes and now I know what he was talking about. It gets even deeper! Like low 20s or possibly even subsonic! Pretty cool.
I forgot to mention the 8 minute mark yea it’s subsonic I think it almost makes ya dizzy like the dude that puked lol !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the original PB 1000 and now a PB 2000 Pro. I'm using both together I was in a unique position I think. Like I said I had the PB 1000 and it's great, but just too small for my room. I needed something in a pinch when I bought it and it was right in budget. When I wanted to pick up the bass I kinda just skipped the brand new PB 1000 Pro because I had the PB 1000 and just didn't want to take a chance it not being enough so I thought just go up one model to the PB 2000 Pro. I love it too death, LOVE it but curious what the PB 1000 Pro sounds.

I think they're tuned pretty close, but the 2000 is gonna have a little more headroom and a little more spl I'd guess.

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic

Killer bass makes up for a bad story line.

How big is your room compared to ours?
Thanks.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I forgot to mention the 8 minute mark yea it’s subsonic I think it almost makes ya dizzy like the dude that puked lol !
That's exactly what I was thinking! It happens right when he loses his cookies! Lol

I could feel my medulla oblongota vibrating like a bowl of jello inside my brain case...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
My immediate room with the HT is not big at all, but it's open to the dining room and to the hall that go to the kitchen. The PB 2000 Pro and 1000 non pro rock my room.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

I really can’t compare them with many other subs than what I had 25 year old jbl’s that were in there day good subs but severely under powered and really didn’t hit that low . But wow they are very good for an entry level sub and I think that’s a loose term for these I’ve yet to see any limits although Iam sure ther is .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I really can’t compare them with many other subs than what I had 25 year old jbl’s that were in there day good subs but severely under powered and really didn’t hit that low . But wow they are very good for an entry level sub and I think that’s a loose term for these I’ve yet to see any limits although Iam sure ther is .
And how big is your room? That's actually relevant for the op as he's thinking about getting the same thing you have.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I think they're tuned pretty close, but the 2000 is gonna have a little more headroom and a little more spl I'd guess.
The tech I talked to told me to use a y splitter on these instead just the LFE rca and I’d gain 6 db of headroom buy useing both sides of the amp now honestly I don’t see how that works but that’s the way I hooked them up . I’ve no way to prove that but them guys are very helpful in setup stuff so I assume he knew what he was talking about .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis