Dr Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got my tickets for Friday at 12:30 P.M.. Gonna see it in Imax and got some great seats because it's such an early show. I'm off early that day and my wife is off all day so it worked out great.

I'm stoked because I figured it might be a week or 2 before we got a chance to get some tickets, but was pleasantly surprised to find a mostly empty theater. At least so far. I'm sure it'll fill up as we get closer to release but I picked out some great seats and even got the early matinee price.

Anyone else gonna get out there right away or are most of you gonna wait til the initial rush dies down? Tickets were easier to get than I thought they'd be. I'm glad I won't have to be hiding from spoilers for a week or 2 now!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Call me paranoid, but after two recent company outings (first time in two years), a bowling event, and a restaurant outing where I was maskless indoors, I and my whole family got the beer flu, which wasn't a very pleasant experience.
I'll stay out of indoor maskless events at least until they get a 99% effective beer flu vaccine. The current vaccine batch is only 50% effective for new virus variations. I'm sure it would be a decent movie at least which I'll have to wait a few months to watch at home.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Beer flu? I used to get that all the time, as well as wine flu and liquor flu. Yup, mass quantities followed by a day or two of bed rest… I found the best way to not get it wasn’t masks or avoiding crowds but straight up abstinence. Didn’t know there was a half assed vaccine for it…

As far as The new Dr Strange goes, I’m pretty excited for it and will probably take the fam next weekend!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Beer flu? I used to get that all the time, as well as wine flu and liquor flu. Yup, mass quantities followed by a day or two of bed rest… I found the best way to not get it wasn’t masks or avoiding crowds but straight up abstinence. Didn’t know there was a half assed vaccine for it…
Beer flu aka Corona virus, but you already knew what I meant.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hadn't heard "beer flu" before....but I'll wait until it's streaming or on disc myself, can't see driving my fuel thirsty beast 90 some odd miles (gas alone would be about $40 at current prices :) ) just to see a movie....I did Dune pt.1 at the IMAX in town anyways, and won't bother with that theater again either (it wasn't one of the better IMAX I've been to and they had a poor setup on sound).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
First time I heard called like that.
We had good luck waiting weeks and early showings. Had some where we were all alone and some for a handful. We wear mask then.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Hadn't heard "beer flu" before....but I'll wait until it's streaming or on disc myself, can't see driving my fuel thirsty beast 90 some odd miles (gas alone would be about $40 at current prices :) ) just to see a movie....I did Dune pt.1 at the IMAX in town anyways, and won't bother with that theater again either (it wasn't one of the better IMAX I've been to and they had a poor setup on sound).
Yep, the cost of living out in the boonies. :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
We aren't seeing it until May 14th. Watching it at an AMC Dolby Cinema :D

C

chris6878

Audioholic
So I just got back from the brand new Regal theater in south Florida at Dania Pointe. First time watching in 4dx. For those who don't know, its like a roller coaster. Water and air spray, Very interesting. I liked it. Also you can turn the water off.

As for the movie, I enjoyed it, the 3d was excellent. My biggest problem was the sound. I don't know if it was the movie or the theater, but the poop sounded like a TV. While the voices were clear, it just seemed super quiet. There was absolutely zero BASS. I mean none. Almost ruined it for me. I felt the overall sound was low.

I spoke to the manager after, who happens to be over the projection. He said know one else complained, but most don't notice bad audio. He did tell me that the rpx theater has the dolby atmos, but the 4dx doesn't. which is dumb. THey should put everything into the 4dx, but whatever.

He also said that dr strange would only play in 5.1. When he tried to play the 7.1 version it didn't work. So I don't know was it the movie its self or the theater.

The Theater just opened a few weeks ago so maybe they still working out the kinks. The manager said he would check it out.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
So I just got back from the brand new Regal theater in south Florida at Dania Pointe. First time watching in 4dx. For those who don't know, its like a roller coaster. Water and air spray, Very interesting. I liked it. Also you can turn the water off.

As for the movie, I enjoyed it, the 3d was excellent. My biggest problem was the sound. I don't know if it was the movie or the theater, but the poop sounded like a TV. While the voices were clear, it just seemed super quiet. There was absolutely zero BASS. I mean none. Almost ruined it for me. I felt the overall sound was low.

I spoke to the manager after, who happens to be over the projection. He said know one else complained, but most don't notice bad audio. He did tell me that the rpx theater has the dolby atmos, but the 4dx doesn't. which is dumb. THey should put everything into the 4dx, but whatever.

He also said that dr strange would only play in 5.1. When he tried to play the 7.1 version it didn't work. So I don't know was it the movie its self or the theater.

The Theater just opened a few weeks ago so maybe they still working out the kinks. The manager said he would check it out.
I bet they use a soundbar.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General

4dx? What will they think of next. Then again I am still waiting for "Smellevision".

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I liked it. I thought it was quite good, but it's not the next big Infinity War event that some were speculating it to be. It does have a definitive conclusion and doesn't end on a cliff hanger per se. It's worth the price of a ticket tho and I really liked it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'll definitely will get the 3D bluray if we get it here. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Not sure if I'll go to theater though.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
As a self-confessed Marvel Fan, I found it to be an above average movie. I will say that you must stay for the final after credit scene (after all the credits) it is worth the wait.....Thank you Sam Remi!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As a self-confessed Marvel Fan, I found it to be an above average movie. I will say that you must stay for the final after credit scene (after all the credits) it is worth the wait.....Thank you Sam Remi!!
I'm still thinking about it. That means it stuck with me and I really liked it. Strange goes through a complete and satisfying character arc in this story, along with America. I think this movie deserved to be made. It furthered and added to his story and Raimi's fingerprints are all over it.

There's definitely a lean toward horror without being rated R horror, but there are a couple of scenes that I think make this a hard PG 13. It's not broken up by a bunch of typical Marvel light and goofy humor either. Not that it's devoid of humor, but a bit darker than the usual fare and some parts are legit scary.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
With all the positive reactions I'm going tommorow for sure!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
With all the positive reactions I'm going tommorow for sure!
Just keep your expectations tempered. It's not the next big Infinity War crossover event that some thought it might be. It's a self contained Dr Strange story. A pretty good one tho.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis