My First Official Turntable!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's a gifted (I paid the shipping) Kenwood KD 38R. Thank you @afterlife2 for such a thoughtful gift! I know you've been waiting for me to comment, but I wasn't feeling very good last night. I even missed the UFC Fight Night, which I caught up with this morning. Hence the delay. Sorry 'bout that. If I don't watch last night's fights right away the next day I'll for sure get hit with spoilers so I wanted to catch up with that before I got going this morning. Anyhoo, enough of that! Some pics!

7979_copy_960x720.jpeg
7978_copy_960x720.jpeg
7977_copy_960x720.jpeg
7976_copy_960x720.jpeg

You sent me the "Who's Next" album too! I'm listening to it right now. Everything sounds great! I'm having to turn the volume up quite a bit more than normal but it's an older recording too, thus not that unusual. Some of my older digital recordings are like that too. What I need to do is get that TOOL album now so I can compare with something familiar, but The Who is a great start! Setup was super simple, I have an actual phono input so I didn't need anything in between the tt and my receiver. Great job with packing too! It was well protected and I didn't need a cutting torch or the jaws of life to get it open and set up.

Ohh... the album just ended and the arm swung back to its perch and shut off all by itself! Fancy! Uh, wait... I have to get up and flip it now?? Wtf?

:p:p

Thank you again Jose. I would never have gone out and bought a tt, but always thought having one would be fun. I'm gonna start looking for a deal on the Fear Inoculum album now!

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Turning the record over is the fun and anticipation.:p Man the TT matches the decor beautifully. Glad it got there safely. Cool you dig The Who record! A couple of great songs on there I'd thought you'd like. I hope you're feeling better it's been a rough year. That table was in my bedroom and it was great. The conical AT needle is a good one. Maybe later on you can get an eliptical we talked about. Hope you and your wife enjoy it throughly. Make me so happy that you are both spinning! Enjoy it to the fullest! :cool::)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would like to note too, it's very clean. I can tell you take care of your stuff. It's nice to get used gear and not have to spend an hour cleaning it up!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn, I forgot how good Keith Moon is on the drums. He's one of the old greats and kills it on this album!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, well, well... Looky what I dug out!

7983_copy_960x720.jpeg
7982_copy_960x720.jpeg
7981_copy_960x720.jpeg
7980_copy_960x720_1.jpeg

We have a whole stack of 45s, and there are even a few good ones in there! They're kinda dusty, some much more than others so I'm gonna want to clean 'em up. What do I use? Just use water to dampen a lint free cloth?

PS, I need one of those little plastic plugs for 45s too, right?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some soap and water. Let drip dry for about 10 minutes then use a light cloth and wipe gently dry. Whoa wee that some good 45s!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I used a damp lint free cloth and wiped a couple down really good. Some are popping and crackling more than others. Some are really clean! I'm listening to AC/DC right now and it sounds great! The volume is more in line too. I got it cranking pretty good right now! Woo hoo!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Some soap and water. Let drip dry for about 10 minutes then use a light cloth and wipe gently dry. Whoa wee that some good 45s!
So like doing dishes in the sink? I mean, not submerge them to soak or anything, but a little dish soap and clean water rinse won't hurt anything?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wait no 45 center? I thought I put one in? Darn sorry.
Get these they are better anyway. Gonna order some too:
I ordered this one. Prolly spent more than I shoulda but it looks cool and solid. Plus free delivery with Prime and they can get it here by tomorrow.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Listening to "Money For Nothin'" right now and I gotta say I'm thoroughly impressed with sq. I know Dire Straits are known for good clean recordings and I can see why. Especially when compared to some older recordings on vinyl. This little 45 sounds really good!

Uh oh, song's over. Gotta get up and put another one on.

Again.

:oops:;):p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well I'll be... Mrs Pogre is pretty excited about being able to play her records, lol. I almost got more excited when she came out of the spare room with a stack of full lps. Until I flipped through them. All disco! Well, also some Englebert Humperdink, Doobie Brothers and Beach Boys... sigh.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More participation by the parties involved usually is a very good thing.... :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats Pogre!! Welcome to vinyl and hot pants!!! :p

A quick hijack..Im looking for a ProJect Speedbox for my turntable so I dont manually have to move the belt to the 45 position. If you know of someone who is selling one, please pass their contact information to me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis