My First Official Turntable!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You're so evil!

Don't think I haven't been looking tho. If I can find a copy for the right price I'll be getting it. Fear Inoculum is going for a hundred bucks online. :oops:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I won't spend $100 on a recording....just can't do it. I've been tempted on some multich stuff, but I haven't even been tempted to buy vinyl in over 25 years....

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Nice! I've pretty much had a TT in my system since 1978 except for a few years in the early 2000s when I believed records were dead. Sometimes there is just no substitute for vinyl. :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice! I've pretty much had a TT in my system since 1978 except for a few years in the early 2000s when I believed records were dead. Sometimes there is just no substitute for vinyl. :)
My first stereo rig was from Pacific Stereo , Harman/Kardon 330B receiver, Advent speakers, and I can't remember the name of the turntable. Bought it around 1975 with my first real paycheck. Still have the receiver buried in the closet, rest of it ended up in the landfill!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I won't spend $100 on a recording....just can't do it.
I thought the same thing, but............... I couldn't resist Analogue Productions UHQR remastering of Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue'. I now own three copies, my Dads original 1959 Columbia record, my 2001 release by Classic Records(under license from Sony) and the Analogue Productions copy that just arrived last week.

the packaging / presentation is outstanding, the sound superb. Dad's original pressing while obviously not the best maintained is still enjoyable for it brings back memories of the our old Stromberg Carlson console stereo !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, I added the Opiate record to my cart, went to check out and couldn't remember my password or if I even have a Walmart account. So I didn't get it. However I decided to give Amazon a look and found Undertow for $21.80 plus tax. I just so happen to have $18.63 in Amazon points so I got it for just over 5 bucks!

So... @afterlife2's plan didn't go quite as intended but worked anyway! I think Undertow is a better album anyway, and I finally have an ep for my tt! Should be here tomorrow.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the same thing, but............... I couldn't resist Analogue Productions UHQR remastering of Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue'. I now own three copies, my Dads original 1959 Columbia record, my 2001 release by Classic Records(under license from Sony) and the Analogue Productions copy that just arrived last week.

the packaging / presentation is outstanding, the sound superb. Dad's original pressing while obviously not the best maintained is still enjoyable for it brings back memories of the our old Stromberg Carlson console stereo !
Yow, I was just referring to spending on a good (preferably multich) digital recording....can't see that much for vinyl.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yow, I was just referring to spending on a good (preferably multich) digital recording....can't see that much for vinyl.
Now that's funny, for a lot more goes into a great analog pressing

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Now that's funny, for a lot more goes into a great analog pressing
Yeah seems kinda silly to put that much effort into vinyl, but people are funny like that. Nostalgia just isn't worth that much to me. I do like the multich sacd I have of the quad mix, tho.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My first stereo rig was from Pacific Stereo , Harman/Kardon 330B receiver, Advent speakers, and I can't remember the name of the turntable. Bought it around 1975 with my first real paycheck. Still have the receiver buried in the closet, rest of it ended up in the landfill!
Nice. Mine was a Technics DD Turntable and Pioneer 8 track with a Niko 25 wpc channel receiver into some Marantz 2 way 8 inch woofer speakers in 1978. All but the TT were upgraded by 1980. Those were the days :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis