DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yup..I remember..

Mac
I suppose it wasn't hard to figure out with the avatar and autosig. Alot of people around here changed their auto sigs to not include their AV123 gear b/c they don't want to come across as being an AV123 zealot, fanboy, or what have you. I don't see it that way and haven't changed anything. I don't endorse what's happened over there, but it doesn't change the way my speakers sound, which IMO, is pretty good!

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
In some forums, signatures are included when doing a search. That could be a pain the *** if you are searching for something.

Just dawned on me...there must be others involved in at least some of the issues revolving around MLS/AV123. MLS could spare them a lot of problems if he took these issues head on and got them resolved.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Just dawned on me...there must be others involved in at least some of the issues revolving around MLS/AV123. MLS could spare them a lot of problems if he took these issues head on and got them resolved.
I dare say that - based on his actions, albeit not his words - sparing others grief does not appear to be a high priority for MLS.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
In some forums, signatures are included when doing a search. That could be a pain the *** if you are searching for something.

I hope he does..

I just haven't gotten around to listing all my gear here yet..I've changed quite a few things from when I first joined..

Mac

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
I dare say that - based on his actions, albeit not his words - sparing others grief does not appear to be a high priority for MLS.
Well, if there are others involved, I hope they step forward. Being part of a cover-up is just as bad as the act.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Please also list your address and when you'll be away on business trips or vacations too :D

S

stevo238

Banned
I hope he does..

I just haven't gotten around to listing all my gear here yet..I've changed quite a few things from when I first joined..

Mac
I guess you've found a new home then....................have you tried Audiocircle?

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
I guess you've found a new home then....................have you tried Audiocircle?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this..but FWIW..I am a member of Audiocircle..and even had some of the local members at my home last July for a GtG I held..

Mac

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I read Quintana's post over at 123 where he says a couple of things. The first was a response to one of Gonk's comments noting that resources were diverted in part by the construction of some sort of a showroom. Jess replied that no dollars, only some manual labor, were spent in fixing up the showroom which is used for walk-in traffic. I guess Jess was there watching when Kyle schlepped things around. I mean, he'd have to in order to know this. No? It certainly could have been addressed earlier, but better late than never. It's good to see that even with minimal staffing they were still able to sell approximately 2,000 speakers within 5 months. Apparently that walk-in traffic and word of mouth thing is working wonders. This point though, as Gonk notes, doesn't negate everything else that's been said.

Quintana's second thing he states is there's definitely no pattern of non-payment. The ex-employee, whom I believe I can safely mention because there was once (TCA thread that I think is since removed) a long public discussion between him and Mark Schifter is Sean Parque. While there may be no pattern of non-payment, with respect to people who manned the phones and sold AV123 product, to think this extends to suppliers, technical consultants, advertising contracts, beta testers, people who got suckered into investing in vapor-ware projects and 'factories', and a whole host of others, is a bit much. To me, Quintana looks to try to finesse words and phrases. Maybe it depends on what your definition of pattern is. Much like when MLS said in response to people looking for answers in products,
I do not Sir owe you or anyone else one bit of data on a product that HAS NOT been announced for deliveries... and to think that somehow I owe you (or anyone else this) only proves my partner right... I gone too far in giving everyone here too much data "along the way"...
In the meantime, tread cautiously over there. Field Marshall Steidle is watching.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
So what's the plan Mac? Steer the conversation away from MLS every chance you get? I know it's speculating but this is something I'd expect from the Showman and one his lap dogs.
Your funny...

Mac

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Mac, I am curious....with Gonk's thread at AV123, what are your feelings on the non-response and side-steps from MLS?

S

stevo238

Banned
And I'm curious too Mac now that you've found a new home. We know MLS plays fast and lose with the truth but would you call him a liar? I think you'd also agree that MLS underfunded some raffles (you may have heard about that) so would you call him a thief. I'd like to know your answer.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
Mac, I am curious....with Gonk's thread at AV123, what are your feelings on the non-response and side-steps from MLS?
Curtis:

Personally..I think he needs to stop and give direct answers..the sooner the better..and have told him as much..I am quite sure he will,as to when..I honestly don't know..namely because I haven't asked him for a specific date as to when or where he will post..I'm not going to speculate on something only he can answer,nor am I going to try to pin him down to a specific date. I am sure he has his reasons..and will post about it. I can't and won't speak for the man..he knows what he has done..and Mark is the only one that can give any reason for his actions.As what has already be posted by others here and there..the sooner this happens..the less speculating will occur.

Mac

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Curtis:

Personally..I think he needs to stop and give direct answers..the sooner the better..and have told him as much..I am quite sure he will,as to when..I honestly don't know..namely because I haven't asked him for a specific date as to when or where he will post..I'm not going to speculate on something only he can answer,nor am I going to try to pin him down to a specific date. I am sure he has his reasons..and will post about it. I can't and won't speak for the man..he knows what he has done..and Mark is the only one that can give any reason for his actions.As what has already be posted by others here and there..the sooner this happens..the less speculating will occur.

Mac
Mac, I think that is a fair statement, but not really an answer to my question. As we well know now that some of this has been going on for three years.

I think we all agree that direct answers and responses are needed, no argument there.

To reiterate my question, how do you feel about the constant dodging and lack of response to the issues? What does that say to you?

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
And I'm curious too Mac now that you've found a new home. We know MLS plays fast and lose with the truth but would you call him a liar? I think you'd also agree that MLS underfunded some raffles (you may have heard about that) so would you call him a thief. I'd like to know your answer.
Quite frankly..I choose when and where I give my personal opinions of anyone..I also choose to show respect to individuals publicly until they have given a full accounting of their reasons or something they have posted..I've done this even for you..when you have called me names for no reason.I did this even with Chu..and his noxious posting of Mark..up until I felt that I should say something..which led me to posting here on the matter.BTW.. I really don't call any forum home now..not here..not there..but I do visit many different forums..all under my screen name here.While there..I try to post under the rules set up by the place..

You see..while I may be a bit out dated...I still believe in the principal of "Innocent until proven guilty" theory.. I fully understand the feelings of many here and elsewhere with regards to the raffles and all the rest of the issues..but..until Mark fully explains his position on everything..I'll reserve to post my personal opinions on the matter..To do otherwise only leads to more problems and issues.

Sorry if this isn't acceptable with you or others..it's just the way I am. I don't participate in internet lynch mobs..and feel doing so isn't the best solution..even when I am effected by the individual or company.I'll use other means of seeking redress of an individual or business,ones I know will effect the solution to any personal grievances I may harbor.

Mac

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
Mac, I think that is a fair statement, but not really an answer to my question. As we well know now that some of this has been going on for three years.

I think we all agree that direct answers and responses are needed, no argument there.

To reiterate my question, how do you feel about the constant dodging and lack of response to the issues? What does that say to you?
It says to me he is not ready to give his reasons yet..Can speculation by you,me or others anywhere give the answer to this..nope..Speculations can only lead to more hostility and confusion..The problem I see is some folks take what has been said in a " matter of fact " fashion to be the reality..when all the facts aren't really known.. It's one thing to say you don't know..quite another to post in a manner that you do..Please understand that I am saying this has not happened in every case or every post..but there are enough of them to lead some to believe otherwise.

I understand this has been going on for some time..but..I suspect he knows this isn't then..but now..since a great many people have told him..including myself. Time will tell what happens..and again..it really needs to be sooner..than later..The ball is in his court on this..

Mac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis