Denon or Onkyo or ???

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yes. And there’s like 2” of space between his LCR. Might as well use a soundbar. I’ve decided to just ignore him. Nothing but inexperienced marketing regurgitation. I’ve used/owned every brand of AVR and reading his drivel is time I can’t retrieve. Love how he knows more than people here with 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 or more years of experience. Can’t even place his fukkin top of the line elac speakers right. And I’m SURE he used “direct” mode to compare.
Love the videos too...really highlights how great.....my iPhone sounds. And he calls people trolls waiting to jump on him. Lmao. He’s the one waiting for a denon/yamaha/Onkyo thread to pop up. The only reason I even said anything the first time was because there was no objective basis for beating the yamaha drum. Don’t even care if he’d simply state what he prefers but the endless trails of nonsense about BRANDS is ridiculous. Couldn’t possibly use some humility and say, huh, maybe I had a setting turned on/off, or whatever. Still haven’t seen any data, like measurements to correlate his nonsense. Oh yeah, measurements are useless. Forgot.

DONE.....

I know ADTG loves his new yamaha stuff. I’ll never take that away from him, although I will definitely rib him a little. Lol but he’s also quick to say that sound quality is NOT one of the reasons he likes them. And his gear all costs multitudes of the 2300 and 1080 and elacs combined. Pretty sure he’d notice a difference.
At least we have some cannon fodder.
Ole Andrew huh? he sure does love his Yamaha gear! and all 15 RBH subs he has wish I had just One of his subs :(. ADTG really isn't Bias well to a point;). Andrew is a great guy he has helped many save money on gear. The only reason I didn't go with Denons 3600 was cause I wanted to save 500 bucks so I could upgrade the rest of my surround speakers. Plus he made me a deal I couldn't refuse on my Yamaha RX-V6A. So far all's good no issues with it. But if I wanted to build a setup a really good setup Denons 3600 hands down would've been the better AVR to go with. Even at 899 on Amazon its still the best deal to be had.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Doesn’t Yamaha also have a 5th “audiophile “ quality foot underneath? Maybe that’s why they sound so much better and have solid mids ? ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know ADTG loves his new yamaha stuff. I’ll never take that away from him, although I will definitely rib him a little. Lol but he’s also quick to say that sound quality is NOT one of the reasons he likes them. And his gear all costs multitudes of the 2300 and 1080 and elacs combined. Pretty sure he’d notice a difference.
These days I hardly ever think about which brands I use or what components I have.

Seems like the only things I think about are my next 4K/Atmos movies or the next TV series to watch. :cool:

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Yes. And there’s like 2” of space between his LCR. Might as well use a soundbar. I’ve decided to just ignore him. Nothing but inexperienced marketing regurgitation. I’ve used/owned every brand of AVR and reading his drivel is time I can’t retrieve. Love how he knows more than people here with 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 or more years of experience. Can’t even place his fukkin top of the line elac speakers right. And I’m SURE he used “direct” mode to compare.
Love the videos too...really highlights how great.....my iPhone sounds. And he calls people trolls waiting to jump on him. Lmao. He’s the one waiting for a denon/yamaha/Onkyo thread to pop up. The only reason I even said anything the first time was because there was no objective basis for beating the yamaha drum. Don’t even care if he’d simply state what he prefers but the endless trails of nonsense about BRANDS is ridiculous. Couldn’t possibly use some humility and say, huh, maybe I had a setting turned on/off, or whatever. Still haven’t seen any data, like measurements to correlate his nonsense. Oh yeah, measurements are useless. Forgot.

DONE.....

I agree. I started easy since I didn't know the guy, but he does inspire one to pass insults. He is making it way to easy. It's better to go with a joke or two and just ignore him. Although you have to react from time to time, it would be bad to have some newb leave these pages thinking that members like Sachb represent AH and that the "advice" they give should be followed.

Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
I am in need of a replacement for my Onkyo Sr606 12 yrs old. I was interested in the new Yamaha (especially the Costco clone) until I read about the HDMI board issues most likely requiring a physical replacement. I am considering Onkyo TX-NR696 and a Denon X2600H soon to be on sale at BestBuy. I know these are 2019 versions without 8K. What do you advise. These 2 along with the Yamaha V6A are similar price points (except for the rebadged TSR-700). I’m interested in what would be a good direction to go. Thanks a lot.
I just upgraded to the Denon AVR X3700H - haven't done any extensive testing but it's currently powering a 5.1.4 Atmos layout and sounds fantastic. Setup is a snap and the interface is very intuitive. So far no issues.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
It's all in the speakers with preferred Audio adjustments in your AVR....Long story short.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree. I started easy since I didn't know the guy, but he does inspire one to pass insults. He is making it way to easy. It's better to go with a joke or two and just ignore him. Although you have to react from time to time, it would be bad to have some newb leave these pages thinking that members like Sachb represent AH and that the "advice" they give should be followed.
Well that’s exactly what spurred me in in the first place. Maybe my own advice is sketchy sometimes, but making blanket statements about brands that are most likely attributed to a dsp engaged or something like that is just not how to do it. I agree, a gentle poke to start is a great way to find out where somebody’s at. Then proceed accordingly.
Btw, I think you did an admirable job with him earlier.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I think you're wrong on that part, while some member was asking for a suggestion for an avr + amp combo, some user on this forum suggested to change his speakers which is funny. Other user straight away called him clueless, it was "Lovinthehd", if your so called experienced members are this bad at responding to the post, soon AH will be known to be a joke.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
It's all in the speakers with preferred Audio adjustments in your AVR....Long story short.
I know speakers are the ones that actually produce sound, but if an AVR isn't able to give enough juice to it, then it might just fail to perform to its true potential.

On top of that, if you have a bad processing goin through an AVR then it would always be good to get rid of the AVR & buy something better. Like in my case, Yamaha. Surely I might have just boughth another Denon for myself, but then I figured out, Yamaha's dedication to that hardware inside is so much more to speak about then Denon.

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic

DONE.....

You just gonna see that 2 inch space & call it a bad setup. You think I have no idea how to setup up my own speakers? Really?

You might have missed one of my posts, but I clearly said about the whole level of blacks (Elac) being in the picture, while I was hunting for a white stand to better integrate with my decor.

So, Sir let me ask you one question politely, will increasing the gap to lets say 1 ft apart for the LCR gonna make my $300 Elac speaker sound like a $1000+ speaker?

You could've ignored my posts but instead you had to quote every single post of mine.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
You just gonna see that 2 inch space & call it a bad setup. You think I have no idea how to setup up my own speakers? Really?

You might have missed one of my posts, but I clearly said about the whole level of blacks (Elac) being in the picture, while I was hunting for a white stand to better integrate with my decor.

So, Sir let me ask you one question politely, will increasing the gap to lets say 1 ft apart for the LCR gonna make my $300 Elac speaker sound like a $1000+ speaker?

You could've ignored my posts but instead you had to quote every single post of mine.

No it won't but you will have better Stereo Separation which Would give a Much Better Sound Stage.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
No it won't but you will have better Stereo Separation which Would give a Much Better Sound Stage.
I was thinking of getting the vivo primes 23" stand, but then some members of my family think that theres too much black already. Adding stands would worsen it.

I am still hunting for a resonably priced white pair of stands that could hold my speakers without dropping them.

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I just upgraded to the Denon AVR X3700H - haven't done any extensive testing but it's currently powering a 5.1.4 Atmos layout and sounds fantastic. Setup is a snap and the interface is very intuitive. So far no issues.
What about the media server? Do you still have to scroll through the whole list (a-z) to get to your desired file/folder instead of skipping few pages?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yikes Sachb, if your f#%kin' ex worked for or loved Denon, project that s#%t in their direction and stop f#%kin' around in this joint. It's enough that these fine gentlemen have to put up with my shenanigans without also having to put up with your lip. Try rubbin' one out to relieve some stress. Get off and chill out or just get the f#%k out! Oh, and get some speakers stands for f#%k's sake and clean up that mess. :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

No. I don’t think you know how to set up your speakers. I saw the video...

Politely, No. Adding a foot to the spacing won’t make them sound like 1k speakers, but it will absolutely open up your soundstage a lot and give you a bigger sound. Maybe that’s a temporary deal. And yes, I can ignore your posts. My problem however, is that you are going on and on about things that you’ve given no reference for. Other than “being a Yamaha” No qualifiers, no consistency, just regurgitating marketing drivel.
If you said something like, “in my experience”, or “i can’t really explain it” or “when I measured with rew”, that would be something. Descriptors like “my yamaha gives much more midbass” or whatever, doesn’t say anything. If you did back to back and compared Direct to Direct, or anything that was a direct correlation, it would mean something.

That’s why I won’t ignore your posts. You need to be more objective. Have you noticed literally nobody is echoing your statements? Think about that out on your island.

You say AH will be known as a joke. Hah. It’s true some members can be crass, or short or to the point. Fair enough, but AH isn’t about fluff and puff about brands, or anecdotal musings. Those are fine to add to a conversation, but iirc, the slogan is Pursuing the truth in audio and video.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I was thinking of getting the vivo primes 23" stand, but then some members of my family think that theres too much black already. Adding stands would worsen it.

I am still hunting for a resonably priced white pair of stands that could hold my speakers without dropping them.

Adding stands might make it better by unclustering the whole thing. Also, paint...
Why not wall mounts?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Hah. It’s true some members can be crass, or short or to the point. Fair enough,

but AH isn’t about fluff and puff about brands, or anecdotal musings.
1) Which members? LOL

2) I wouldn't go that far to state there's no Fluff and Puff around here.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis